Well i called at&t for the unlock code. I'm an at&t costumer and the lady told me that they didn't have an unlock code in the system and i had to wait a "maybe" email with the unlock code. Is there anyway around this?
    02-02-08 10:29 PM
    nope, I'm waiting for one now,and I'm not a customer.
    02-03-08 07:23 AM
    Seems to do something with my t moblie curve 8320
    02-03-08 09:12 PM
    I just got a 8310 from London, but I am using this on SmarToneVodefone in Hong Kong. How can I able to get the NUC to allow using this in Hong Kong ?

Any idea to do this ? PM me pls, urgent !
    02-04-08 01:12 AM
    I called At&T to get the unlock code and recieved via email. I have tried to unlock the phone and I get a message about "code error". Itried it three times with the same result. I called customer service and was told that I had to be out of the country to unlock it because of the network. I questioned this because the second step is to turn off the radio. Any help on this??
    02-04-08 07:06 PM
    I called At&T to get the unlock code and recieved via email. I have tried to unlock the phone and I get a message about "code error". Itried it three times with the same result. I called customer service and was told that I had to be out of the country to unlock it because of the network. I questioned this because the second step is to turn off the radio. Any help on this??
    Don't believe a word those fools say. I unlock phones everyday sitting right here in my desk in the good ol' US.

Reset the phone and try it again. If that doesn't work email me.
    02-05-08 09:56 AM
    Alright, I was reading this in class. Now that im home I can ask my questions,

- When I go to Advanced Options > SIM Card:
    I have an ID Code, and my Phone number listed...when i hit the blackberyr button I only have two options. (Change PIN2 Code, and Enable Security)

Where do I put in the MEPD or whatever I need to do to Unlock my Curve 8300? With all the replies I have been reading I suppose the AT&T Bbs pose some problem for this.

Thoughts?
    02-05-08 11:30 AM
    There is no prompt or box to enter "MEPD." Just type it after you enter the SIM card page

Alright, I was reading this in class. Now that im home I can ask my questions,

- When I go to Advanced Options > SIM Card:
    I have an ID Code, and my Phone number listed...when i hit the blackberyr button I only have two options. (Change PIN2 Code, and Enable Security)

Where do I put in the MEPD or whatever I need to do to Unlock my Curve 8300? With all the replies I have been reading I suppose the AT&T Bbs pose some problem for this.

Thoughts?
    02-05-08 11:46 AM
    I entered this stuff and now it's asking me for a Network MEP code (10 left)?Now what?
    02-05-08 12:11 PM
    I entered this stuff and now it's asking me for a Network MEP code (10 left)?Now what?
    Now you need the MEP code.
    02-05-08 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the info murphydawg80! Another question, I have my BB setup with my companies Enterprise Server to recieve my email. If I want to go from ATT to T-MO will unlocking the Curve and activating my T-Mo SIM with the data plan work still?
    02-05-08 07:37 PM
    murphydawg, thanks so much. I just unlocked my new curve!

As for the sim card information, when I bought my curve three days ago, I also had the sales rep remake a new sim card for me. My old sim card was from over 3 years ago, and was probably in dire need of replacing.

So if you having issues getting the phone unlocked despite the fact that you bought it from ATT/Cingular, see if you can get them to replace your sim card. Might just do the trick. (No guarantee's though!)
    02-05-08 11:12 PM
    I currently have a 8700 with AT&T data service. I was able to get a 8320 T-Mobile device without service. I read thru the whole topic but still a little confuse. How will I be able to contact T-Mobile to acquire the unlock code if I don't currently have any plan with them? Can someone PM me please? Thanks.

02-06-08 12:22 AM
    what is a MEP and what is the need to unlock it?
    02-06-08 09:37 AM
    Alright,

Thanks for the reply, I just did that and poof a little list of things appeared, that I have no idea what they mean or are for. After I typed MEPD this little category popped up and is now listed:

Personalization:

Sim - Disabled
    Network - Active
    Network Subset - Disabled
    Service Provider - Disabled
    Corporate - Disabled

Like i said, I have no idea what these means, or should I even want those other things "Active," But I am also going to ask, why is it the in thing or a benefit to have your curve unlocked?

Thoughts?
    02-06-08 01:09 PM
    this was the email with my unlock code for my blackberry from AT&T...

blackberry Curve unlock code

1 Insert AT&T SIM card.
    2 Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
    3 Select "Options" and then "Advanced Options"
    4 Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
    5 Hold down and type "MEPD" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] [DF])
    - this will not display on screen
    6 Hold down and type "MEP2" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] alt [TY])
    - this will not disp! lay on screen
    7 Enter the Unlock Code
    8 Press enter
    9 Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

well whats even funnier is that ..it took the CS 5-10 min to figure out what to do..and after i got his email with the unlock code i got a second email from at&t the next day saying they don't unlock phones weird..but what ever i still got my unlock code...he he he...
    Last edited by monk; 02-07-08 at 08:38 PM. Reason: 2nd email
    02-07-08 08:36 PM
    this was the email with my unlock code for my blackberry from AT&T...

blackberry Curve unlock code

1 Insert AT&T SIM card.
    2 Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
    3 Select "Options" and then "Advanced Options"
    4 Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
    5 Hold down and type "MEPD" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] [DF])
    - this will not display on screen
    6 Hold down and type "MEP2" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] alt [TY])
    - this will not disp! lay on screen
    7 Enter the Unlock Code
    8 Press enter
    9 Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

well whats even funnier is that ..it took the CS 5-10 min to figure out what to do..and after i got his email with the unlock code i got a second email from at&t the next day saying they don't unlock phones weird..but what ever i still got my unlock code...he he he...
    Yep...those are the instructions for the pearl. You DO NOT however need the ATT SIM Card.
    02-08-08 09:41 AM
    Ok - fairly new on here - have been using BB for about a year now...I have 2 devices - one on AT&T; one on T-Mobile. AT&T is personal - T-Mobile is work - i'm tired of carrying 2 devices and work won't allow me to put a voice plan on the BB and they won't give me access to the BES on my personal.

So what i want to do - and please tell me if this will work is unlock my T-mobile device and put the sim card from my AT&T device in it. Will i still have access to my company's BES?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-08-08 11:56 AM
    I have a 8320 on T Mobile -- I gain access to the SIM Card and get SIM Card Securty Disabled but when I type MEP2 I am prompted for Enter Network MEP code (10 left)
    02-09-08 10:00 AM

That is soo not true it is funny. Most At&t reps have no idea what they are talking about. I unlocked my new Motorola Q (dont ask, I dont even know how I got it, but I am getting a 8320)...very easily. I called up Att and told them I was leaving the country, which is true (I go to Mexico for vacation soemtimes)...and she said I would receive an email soon (if it was approved).

What I had to do with the Q was put in another carrier's sim card, which I did...I put in the unlock code and bam..T-Mobile came up and I was making phone calls NP...

eR
    02-09-08 10:36 AM
    I have got to try this right NOW!
    02-10-08 11:21 AM
    HEY wait a minute, I'm an AT&T rep and I disagree, we know what we are talking about (well I do) but if a manufacturer builds something in we shouldn't be responsible.. I have unlocked other phones in a similar way but we are not RIM or Motorola so we just follow what AT&T protocol says go for the unlock code.
    02-10-08 11:24 AM
    HEY wait a minute, I'm an AT&T rep and I disagree, we know what we are talking about (well I do) but if a manufacturer builds something in we shouldn't be responsible.. I have unlocked other phones in a similar way but we are not RIM or Motorola so we just follow what AT&T protocol says go for the unlock code.
    "MOST" AT&T reps do not know what they are talking about. Sometimes...about 1/4 times you will get someone who is somewhat knowledgeable.

I just got my unlock code for my TMo 8320, which I am picking up TOM!!

Anyway yeah,,,most At&t reps still try and tell me that I will be charged .01/KB for WiFi usage if I have no dataplan...hahaha...so you are going to charge me to use my own WiFi at my house? My god...they need a better training program for the reps...im sorry.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering about Att's new data plan updates on pricing...

Engadget Mobile

these are the actual slides Att reps received (allegedly) and look at when they are 'allegedly' helping you...

Here are the most common responses you get when talking to someone on the Att online help:

Natasha: That is a great question. One moment while I research this for you!
    Natasha: I am still researching this for you. I apologize for the delay.

Eric
    02-10-08 11:35 AM
    sooo i bought an unlock code from gsm phone source and when i follow the directions to unlock it, the phone keeps telling me code error, please wait. then tells me i have 1 less tries.
    any help??
    02-10-08 03:33 PM
    1st time Curve user. Can anyone tell me what is the MEP mode? Any websites where I can get flash or anything close to it so I can stream videos on it. Thanks.
    02-10-08 04:55 PM
1,410 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD