Sorry for adding a question before reading all 55 pages. I just went through a bunch of them and saw that the Verizon Curve is a CDMA phone and can't be unlocked. I knew it was a CDMA but didn't know if that mattered.
    If anyone can help me with some tweeks or tricks to my Curve feel free to IM me to my PIN
    11-06-08 03:59 AM
    Originally posted by TampaDude:

First, turn your wireless connection OFF:
    Go to Manage Connections and select Turn All Connections Off and click the trackball. Exit that screen.

Go to the SIM Card menu:
    Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card

When you see the SIM Card screen, type in MEPD (not case sensitive).

Type MEP2 (not case sensitive, use ALT-E for the 2). It will ask for your unlock code. Carefully type in your 16-digit unlock code, then click the trackball to enter it. You should see a "Code Accepted" message. If you see that message, then your phone is now unlocked. Network should now show Disabled under the previous screen.

Turn your Wireless connection back ON under Manage Connections.

You're done

Thank you very much, but i have another problem, the code that i have is not valid, do you know a code for unlocked it (my bb)

blackberry 8320 curve Orange
    11-06-08 05:39 AM
    Well, I just got my new Bold Tuesday and it is awesome. Called today and got the unlock code and now have an ulocked Bold. Does it get any better?

This time wasn't quite as easy as my curve. The first CSR wanted to know how much I paid and was it the full retail of 999. I just told him I bought it outright and the price didn't matter. He came back with a fax number and said I would have to fax my receipt along with a request and device info and receive unlock subsidy later. I said thanks and have a nice day and hung up and called back to a different CSR and five minutes later I had my unlock code hassle free.
    11-06-08 02:23 PM
    Can someone help? I have a curve 8320 and I have tmo service. I would like to unlock it but am new at this. If I unlock it with your help what are the benefits to unlocking? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by One Ranger; 11-08-08 at 06:26 PM.
    11-08-08 06:19 PM
    I called tmo and they are sending me the unlock code. Once I get it and type it in what is the benefit of unlocking it?

11-08-08 07:14 PM
    I called tmo and they are sending me the unlock code. Once I get it and type it in what is the benefit of unlocking it?

Not really sure of the benefits on a CDMA phone, but on a GSM phone you can use any company's SIM card. You can use the phone international.
    11-09-08 10:01 AM
    Thank you very much, but i have another problem, the code that i have is not valid, do you know a code for unlocked it (my bb)

blackberry 8320 curve Orange
    No. You will need to get the from your carrier or a paid service. There are no
    universal unlock codes.
    11-09-08 01:24 PM
    I just want to know if I can make an AT&T 8310 work with my T-MOBILE sim card ?
    11-10-08 08:14 AM
    Yes, but only if you follow the instructions scattered throughout
    this thread. Also bear in mind that the 8310 does not have a WiFi
    antenna and unlocking the 8310 it won't get you that capability.
    So if you had WiFi on the phone the T-Mobile SIM came from you
    will be losing that.
    11-10-08 02:54 PM
    hi im new to this site i have a 8300 curve cingular when i had their service ,,but now i have tmobile and i went to use my curve but i was told that i wont be able to use the web on the phone ,,,can anyone help me please with a code and is that true???
    11-10-08 04:27 PM
    Ok so I got my unlock code and did what they told me to do. The code was accepted so can someone tell me what the benefits of unlocking is? My curve is now unlocked...I am with tmo...

Last edited by One Ranger; 11-10-08 at 04:50 PM.
    11-10-08 04:47 PM
    I may be stupid but when I go to SIM in the advance options I have ID and a long *** number. Do I want to change Pin2 code? If so do you know the number I am supposed to enter? I'm trying to unlock it for a T-mobile user from an ATT phone. I don't see any MEPD or MEP2 anything anywhere.
    Thanks
    11-10-08 08:30 PM
    Yes...its that simple. Just enter the code that you receive and that's it. You will need a Cingular (or ATT) SIM card in order to bring up the menu. I have them available if you need one.
    I need an unlock code for AT&T. Do you have one?

11-13-08 03:50 PM
    I need an unlock code for AT&T. Do you have one?

Call ATT and they will GIVE you the unlock code.

Follow link below about unlocking.
    11-13-08 08:51 PM
    READ POSTS 1-554
    quick and maybe dumb question. i battled with at&t and finally got a lady who gave me the code over the phone (didn't want to give it to me when i told her i was going to canada but as soon as i said italy....bam i got it).

followed instructions and entered the code she gave me. it said code accepted.

i powered off and back on. also did a hard reset just in case....

at&t still comes up on screen (i haven't had a chance to try a different carriers sim card).

how do i know its unlocked? i don't see a personaliztion screen when i go into sim card in advanced options.

only see:

SIM Card: Security Disabled
    ID: 8989899898989898989898989
    Phone Number:

how do i find the "personalization" screen to know if network is active or not?
    11-14-08 10:30 AM
    quick and maybe dumb question. i battled with at&t and finally got a lady who gave me the code over the phone (didn't want to give it to me when i told her i was going to canada but as soon as i said italy....bam i got it).

at&t still comes up on screen (i haven't had a chance to try a different carriers sim card).

how do i know its unlocked? i don't see a personaliztion screen when i go into sim card in advanced options.

only see:

Phone Number:

It will always be branded ATT so when you power off and on it will show the ATT logo, as far as on home screen at top where it says ATT it will only change when you insert new sim from different carrier. example if you inset a t-mo sim at top it will show t-mo, but will always say att when boot up phone. In menu under sim card type mepd it should show disabled for all(sim, network,network subset etc.) on that screen if it is unlocked .
    11-14-08 11:27 AM
    I may be stupid but when I go to SIM in the advance options I have ID and a long *** number. Do I want to change Pin2 code? If so do you know the number I am supposed to enter? I'm trying to unlock it for a T-mobile user from an ATT phone. I don't see any MEPD or MEP2 anything anywhere.
    Thanks
    8100 is a little different try meppd instead of mep2, you do not want to change pin code.
    11-14-08 11:31 AM
    Excellente!! Italy is the key!!! This has worked every single time WITHOUT exception.

You are unlocked.

only see:

Phone Number:

11-14-08 06:53 PM
    Anybody know how to access the MEP mode? Its not the usual M-E-P-D or M-E-P-P-D. Any ideas?
    What's MEP?
    11-19-08 01:32 AM
    What's MEP?
    All you have to do is go into the settings under sim card and type that letter combo in and it will reveal a drop down menu showing security for network, pin, network subset, service provider etc. etc. Once you see that list type mep alt and 2 and it will ask you to put in unlock code which will disable all on that list and you will be unlocked.
    11-19-08 08:04 AM
    Unlocking the berry as stated above by tmag 2005 also works for the bold. Make sure you repeat the numbers back to them, if they give you the code over the phone.
    11-19-08 11:21 AM
    i called at&t's international number last week and the guy said i would get an email this week with the code to unlock my curve. I called again since i never received the email and was on the phone for an hour and was told the reason why i didn't receive the code was because unlocking the phone can lock the phone, (doesn't make any sense) and that i have to get an international plan if i want to use it overseas, and that was it. I really want to unlock my 8310 any ideas?
    11-20-08 08:58 PM
    Sounds like BS, time for you to force the issue.

You are definitely NOT interested in their $4.00 a minute plan.

You want your own. Start escalting that call.

i called at&t's international number last week and the guy said i would get an email this week with the code to unlock my curve. I called again since i never received the email and was on the phone for an hour and was told the reason why i didn't receive the code was because unlocking the phone can lock the phone, (doesn't make any sense) and that i have to get an international plan if i want to use it overseas, and that was it. I really want to unlock my 8310 any ideas?
    11-20-08 09:13 PM
    [*]First look up on your phone and note your IMEI. (T-mobile will ask for it and many times they don't know where to find it)
    [*]To find this go to your blackberry �options� icon (the wrench) and select that, next scroll down to �status� and select that.
    [*]There is your Blackberry IMEI listed.
    [*]Call t-mobile customer service to get your unlock code (611 from your cell)
    [*]As long as you have been under contract for at least 3 months they will email you an unlock code within 24 hours.

Once you have the code:
    Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry Curve device.

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
    3. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    4. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    8. Type MEPD
    Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Hold down the Alt key and type in MEP2.
    Note: When typing in MEP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the unlock code.
    11. Press the trackball (code accepted should display)
    12. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    13. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and select Restore Connections.
    11-21-08 10:51 AM
    uhhhhhhhhhhh i called again today i told the lady i am traveling overseas and would like to unlock my phone and she said i had to have an account for 90days which i do and i have to have the international service. then i told her that by law they are required to give me the code and she flat out said there is no law like that. i told her the digital millennium copy right act and she was like nope, i got so mad that i just was like oh ok thanks anyway. can someone verify that the copyright act does require them to give me the unlock code
    11-21-08 04:34 PM
1,410 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD