BR,

Excellent!!! Thats the way its done!

Purchased a Curve last night and followed Ant17's advice about calling carrier for subsidy unlock code.

Called AT&T, told them I just purchased phone off ebay, they asked what was my account number, told them i wasnt with AT&T but was thinking of switching, they asked for IMEI, and 2 mins later, she was giving me the code.

Hung up, followed the instructions from the first page on this thread and phone is unlocked!

Thanks CB Forums!
    10-16-08 01:27 PM
    I have a Tmo BB and now a VZW BB

Today.....

I called Tmo twice to get the unlock code but they say they CANT give me the unlock code because they do not have the capability to unluck when they phonme has been inactive for over 90 days, while antoehr rep said 180 days. (FYI: I only opened a Tmo acct last year on a family members plan to get a curve since I already had a Treo on VZW, so when VZW FINALLY dropped their Curve, I let go of my Tmo Curve).

Then, I called AT&T International number TWICE and both reps said they could not help me without being an AT&T customer. One transferred me to regular CS, where I was given the same story!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to use the Tmo curve Internationally since I go to Jamaica at least once a month and will be moving there soon, since VZW internatl fees KILL me.

Any advise?

~@ngel
    10-16-08 08:45 PM
    The cheapest i;ve seen a code go for is 9.99, most are 15, i called my provider and they gave me mine, lucky me!
    10-17-08 12:16 PM
    The cheapest i;ve seen a code go for is 9.99, most are 15, i called my provider and they gave me mine, lucky me!
    All the providers will give it up.

Just depends how you ask.
    10-17-08 12:23 PM
    called ATT, they said to wait 4 days and that someone would call me giving the code .. can i call ATT back and talk with another CSR or would it show up on the computer that i already tried to get the unlock code ??
    10-17-08 01:19 PM
    When calling you provider be nice. Don't request - ask and be nice. Tell them you have family emergency and be nice. 99.9% they will give you the code.
    10-17-08 01:54 PM
    I have a Verizon Wireless curve 8330 that I need to unlock for use on alltel? There is no service on the phone.......How do i unlock it???????
    10-17-08 02:12 PM
    called ATT, they said to wait 4 days and that someone would call me giving the code .. can i call ATT back and talk with another CSR or would it show up on the computer that i already tried to get the unlock code ??
    Did they get your email?
    10-17-08 04:22 PM
    Did they get your email?
    no they just asked for my phone number and said they would call me.
    10-18-08 12:18 AM
    no they just asked for my phone number and said they would call me.
    I never heard of that before, and I've heard them all!!

See the link below my sign.

They emailed mine.

Maybe you can call back to say you never heard anything, just to see if they even have you on record.
    10-18-08 07:11 AM
    I have unlocked two phones with AT&T - my current Pearl and my old Razr - both were quick and easy. AT&T asked for the usual info on the phone, reason for unlock - I was leaving AT&T for T-Mobile - and an email address where to send the instructions and unlock code. both times they said it would take up to 4 days but both times the email arrived in less than 24 hours.

The Razr was unlocked by AT&T 6 months after I left AT&T. The phone was not being used but I decided it would be nice to have as a backup. Called AT&T explained that I was a former customer, provided the phone info, and less than 24 hours later had an email with the unlock code and instructions.

My kids have had similar success with T-Mobile, very quick to reply and unlock the phones.
    10-18-08 09:04 AM
    hi everyone!
    i bought my phone of craigslist, it is unlocked. its an AT&T phone and when i first put my Fido sim in, it worked perfectly. but now i lose service all the time, my blackberry says searching for network alot and people say they call or msg me but i never get them. just to be clear my blackberry has no internet as i only use it for phone purposes. it usually loses service in the morning for some reason.. any suggestions?
    thanks
    10-18-08 07:33 PM
    Charn,

Seems more of a coverage issue. I assume a battery pull does not help??
    10-18-08 07:46 PM
    no not really, it happens whenever though, i could be outside or inside it happens. usually i turn off my connections and turn them back on but that only works every couple of times. i turn the phone off and on alot which also doesnt always work.
    10-18-08 08:00 PM
    no not really, it happens whenever though, i could be outside or inside it happens. usually i turn off my connections and turn them back on but that only works every couple of times. i turn the phone off and on alot which also doesnt always work.
    Your using a pp sim? Did you call the provider?
    10-19-08 07:59 AM
    regular fido sim card i dont know what PP is, i called them and they said my sim card should be compatible with a blackberry, i even bought a new sim off fido just in case my old one was damaged
    10-19-08 01:01 PM
    regular fido sim card i dont know what PP is, i called them and they said my sim card should be compatible with a blackberry, i even bought a new sim off fido just in case my old one was damaged
    pp=pre paid
    10-19-08 01:48 PM
    Hi -
    I just ordered an unlock code for my ATT Blackberry 8310 from GSM Phone Source. I forgot to put in the IMEI code requested, so I sent an email with it and apologies. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this experience and if the code got back to them alright. I also was wondering how I receive the code I paid for.

Thanks
    10-19-08 04:53 PM
    Hi -
    I just ordered an unlock code for my ATT Blackberry 8310 from GSM Phone Source. I forgot to put in the IMEI code requested, so I sent an email with it and apologies. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this experience and if the code got back to them alright. I also was wondering how I receive the code I paid for.

Thanks
    First of all, you shouldn't have paid for it as, unlock codes are free by calling ATT irregardless if your a customer of ATT.

See link below.

Don't be surprised if GSM can't provide a code for you. They will however refund your money. Their good about that.
    10-19-08 04:55 PM
    Brilliant...At least they'll refund me, hopefully

Thank you!
    10-19-08 04:57 PM
    Ok, ive read through most of this thread but just to make sure I got this right....One of my co-workers is getting a new curve and is going to give me the curve she has now for free(SCORE!) She has ATT and I have TMO. I know I have to call ATT and get a unlock code right?..So if I call them and tell them I need it unlocked they will just unlock it for me? or should I say something specific??......Once its unlocked will I be able to do everything on the unlocked phone like blackberry messenger, My unlimited data plan and all the other features?? anything else im missing let me know...THANKS
    10-20-08 08:17 PM
    Ok, ive read through most of this thread but just to make sure I got this right....One of my co-workers is getting a new curve and is going to give me the curve she has now for free(SCORE!) She has ATT and I have TMO. I know I have to call ATT and get a unlock code right?..So if I call them and tell them I need it unlocked they will just unlock it for me? or should I say something specific??......Once its unlocked will I be able to do everything on the unlocked phone like blackberry messenger, My unlimited data plan and all the other features?? anything else im missing let me know...THANKS
    The link below explains in post #1 what to say.

You need the subsidy unlock bc your traveling to Italy next week.

Thats it. They have given the code instantly to as long as 5 days by email.

It works 100% of the time. Not 99, 100.

If they ask for you cell # at Tmo, give it to them. I gave them mine.
    10-20-08 08:48 PM
    The link below explains in post #1 what to say.

You need the subsidy unlock bc your traveling to Italy next week.

Thats it. They have given the code instantly to as long as 5 days by email.

It works 100% of the time. Not 99, 100.

If they ask for you cell # at Tmo, give it to them. I gave them mine.
    So I can tell them that a friend gave the phone to me? and explain that im going overseas for business and I need that phone?? Sounds good
    10-20-08 09:03 PM
    Yep!!! that will work.
    10-20-08 09:04 PM
    Yep!!! that will work.
    and all my features like my blackberry messenger and my data plan will work on the unlocked phone??
    10-20-08 09:21 PM
1,410 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD