Sorry to be a complete numpty, but where do i get the unlock code from?
    11-23-07 07:50 AM
    You can ask your carrier for it, I dunno Oranges policy on that though, also you can purchase them from various unlock code providers, I'm not going to recommend any as I don't not have any experience with purchasing from them to know which are reputable, but if you use the search function for the forums i'm positive you will find recommendations.
    11-23-07 08:00 AM
    thanx i'll see how i get on
    11-23-07 08:08 AM
    okay so i bought a at&t curve on ebay but it isnt unlocked and i need to use it on tmobile what do i need to do?...im so lost help please
    11-24-07 12:30 AM
    Just unlocked my 8310 with the subsidary unlock code that AT&T provided for me. I imagine T-Mobile, Orange, O2 or any other provider will provide the codes too if you ask...

I know this a rehash of what has been given on the last 9-pages...but I thought I would do it again to help those that have come on recently...and don't want to read all the pages (like me).

Very simple...go to options>advanced options>SIM card

When you get to the SIM Card screen...

Type in: mepd

Some info will come up...then...

Type in: mep2

You will see none of those letters appear on the screen, but the prompt will come up to ask you to type in your MEP code. Type in your subsidary code...and the pop-up will appear saying "Code Accepted". You can tell your unlock was a success if the Security setting at the top of the SIM card page says "Security Disabled".

Voila...you're done.
    Last edited by davistld01; 11-24-07 at 06:30 AM.
    11-24-07 06:28 AM
    I just figured I'd let you guys know, I just called t-mobile yesterday to get ask for my unlock code for my 8700g. I told them I was going over seas and my phone would be a paperweight unless I could unlock it. The lady said no problem we'll email you in 3-5 days. I got up this morning and they had sent me the code. I just followed their instructions and entered the code. now it is unlocked. Thought this might be a good idea for people wanting to unlock their blackberrys.
    11-26-07 05:06 PM
    I'm a bit stupid, so I'll ask.... What does "Unlocked" mean?
    11-27-07 09:18 AM
    Does anyone know if the 8320 curve work with the 8GB micro SD.
    11-27-07 12:28 PM
    [QUOTE=murphydawg80;10856]Yes...its that simple. Just enter the code that you receive and that's it. You will need a Cingular (or ATT) SIM card in order to bring up the menu. I have them available if you need one.
    Last edited by hotthang76; 12-05-07 at 09:56 AM. Reason: put in wrong
    12-05-07 09:56 AM
    im confused. do i need the code from tmobile before i do the switch?
    12-05-07 09:57 AM
  11. gilbert@nauticvacations.com's Avatar
    I got my 8310 couple months ago. Now I'm about to travel overseas and wanted to unlock the BB. When I go into options>advanced options>SIM card, I see "SIM Card Security Disabled" at the top of the screen. Does that mean it's already unlocked? Weird thing is I've never done anything to unlock it. Can someone confirm if it's already unlocked? Thanks.
    12-05-07 12:34 PM
    Hi,

I have an unlocked BB Curve (SIM Card Screen reads "Service Unlocked"), and after talking to some people I have been told by some that the Data is locked on the device. I am able to use it for voice, but can't get emails on it because of this. I have subscribed to a data plan from Rogers, and on the top-right corner of the screen, it continues to display "edge" in lower-case letters. Is there such a thing as just the Data being locked, and is it actually possible to unlock the Voice and Data independently?? How do I unlock just the Data (if there is such a thing) so as to change the status to "EDGE"??

Thx!
    12-06-07 12:51 PM
    I got my 8310 couple months ago. Now I'm about to travel overseas and wanted to unlock the BB. When I go into options>advanced options>SIM card, I see "SIM Card Security Disabled" at the top of the screen. Does that mean it's already unlocked? Weird thing is I've never done anything to unlock it. Can someone confirm if it's already unlocked? Thanks.

Network is what you should be looking for...if network is active, then it is still locked.
    12-06-07 01:02 PM
    Hi,

I have an unlocked BB Curve (SIM Card Screen reads "Service Unlocked"), and after talking to some people I have been told by some that the Data is locked on the device. I am able to use it for voice, but can't get emails on it because of this. I have subscribed to a data plan from Rogers, and on the top-right corner of the screen, it continues to display "edge" in lower-case letters. Is there such a thing as just the Data being locked, and is it actually possible to unlock the Voice and Data independently?? How do I unlock just the Data (if there is such a thing) so as to change the status to "EDGE"??

Thx!
    Do you have a Blackberry dataplan? Have you registered your blackberry's IMEI with Rogers?
    12-06-07 01:03 PM
    Hi Murphydawg80,

I tried but it kept generating a SIM error, and when I tried through the web it told me that my service is suspended and that I should contact the Service Provider. My Data plan is specifically for Blackberry according to Rogers...they are offering unlimited email for $15/mth and that's what I have subscribed to.

Thx for the prompt reply!
    12-06-07 01:11 PM
    ok I have switch over from tmobile to att. I also brought my 8320 over. i can get my messages and calls ,but i can't get into the internet or set my blackberry email for att and i still have icons for tmobile. can somebody help me ot please
    12-06-07 01:41 PM
    Oh...I should mention that this was while I was on the phone with Rogers Tech Support and they told me that there could be a Data Lock on the phone...yet from others I heard that there's no such thing...who's correct??
    12-06-07 02:16 PM
    I just got my curve and although it should have been unlocked for me, the fine people at Mobile Planet have left it up to me. I have an unlock code and can access the MEP mode, but it will not unlock. Is this because I am trying it with a canadian SIM card? ANY help would be appreciated.
    12-06-07 06:43 PM
    I purchased an AT&T 8300 and went to GSM PhoneSource.com for the unlock code. He charges $19 USD and has the unlock code to you in a matter of hours. I have used his service on several occassions and he is very trustworthy and reliable.

When I received my unlock code, I powered up the Curve with NO SIM installed.

Cingular / AT&T Curve, 8300, 8800

Can be done without a sim card inserted

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm

7. Your phone is now unlocked

Hope this helps
    Should this work with a T-Mobile phone as well?
    12-06-07 08:55 PM
    another helpful resource for unlocking is murphydawg's [email protected] - $20 for AT&T codes and $33 for vodafone uk and probably other international carriers.

totally worthwhile!
    12-07-07 10:54 AM
    another helpful resource for unlocking is murphydawg's [email protected] - $20 for AT&T codes and $33 for vodafone uk and probably other international carriers.

totally worthwhile!
    Yep...all GSM carriers worldwide. Thanks for the plug cjenkins.
    12-07-07 10:56 AM
    Does anyone know where I can get the Network Mep code that needs to be entered to unlock my device?
    12-11-07 10:09 PM
    lol, just follow the steps above, call AT&T or T-Mobile, tell them you'll be travelling out of the country and would like to unlock your phone to use simcards overseas.

voila, unlock code @ no charge.
    12-11-07 10:13 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get the Network Mep code that needs to be entered to unlock my device?
    Check out the post right above yours
    12-11-07 10:17 PM
    I have bought the Curve from Vodafone but I'm trying to use it with the SIM card from another carrier? actually I can phone, send sms, but nor web navigation, or MMS. I can receive e-mails but no sending out. Does anybody know if I can do anything to make it work? TX
    12-14-07 06:42 AM
1,410 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD