wOOdy65, you have a CDMA phone so unlocking it is
    not an option available to you. Since you don't have
    a SIM card that option will not be present in Advanced Options.
    Thanks amazinglygraceless, I appreciate the education. I heard they (USCC) were going to EVDO in a week or two...but I aint holding my breath too long!

Thanks again AG!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 11:54 AM
    So I want to make sure I am understanding this right because I dont have a sim card under advanced options my BB cant be unlocked????
    cause I go under options<advanced options<simcard.. and I am not seeing simcard there is nothing like that there??
    09-05-08 10:46 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.

When I press MEPD, it brought up additional (menu). but when I press MEP2, it prompt "Enter Network MEP code (10 left):"

What's the network MEP code? I have AT&T SIM
    09-05-08 10:46 PM
    When I press MEPD, it brought up additional (menu). but when I press MEP2, it prompt "Enter Network MEP code (10 left):"

I believe that's where you enter your unlock code.
    09-05-08 10:50 PM

Read the first 699 messages, been answered hundreds of times.
    09-06-08 06:40 AM
    Okay! So what happens when ur device is unlocked. How will I know it worked!
    Alos if something goes wrong, will I be able to restore my device?
    09-06-08 12:36 PM
    Okay! So what happens when ur device is unlocked. How will I know it worked!
    Alos if something goes wrong, will I be able to restore my device?
    How can I verify that a Curve is unlocked?

Go to Options>advanced>SIM card

Then type MEPD, and you will see a list. They should all say diabled.

It should say DISABLED under Network.. If it says active under Network, then it is not unlocked.

I don't believe there's anyway to re-lock a phone after it's been unlocked.
    09-06-08 01:00 PM
    I have a T mobile 8320 curve...wondered how to unlock it. I am new to this. Can you use tmobile prepaid with this? I'd prefer to unlock it and use it with another provider.
    09-07-08 08:37 AM
    having trouble e-mailing ringtons & wallpaper to my bb.can anyone help?
    09-07-08 10:26 AM
    having trouble e-mailing ringtons & wallpaper to my bb.can anyone help?
    Sorry hockymom. You're in the wrong place. You'll probably have better luck getting help if you do a search or start your own thread.
    09-07-08 10:30 AM
    ATT told me that I need to hold down ALT when I type MEPD and MEP2. Is this right? Should I just hold down ALT when I type "2" to get the number? Any help would be geatly appreciated. Thanks.
    09-07-08 12:30 PM
    I have a T mobile 8320 curve...wondered how to unlock it. I am new to this. Can you use tmobile prepaid with this? I'd prefer to unlock it and use it with another provider.
    Look under my name, then look at my signature.

The answer is there.
    09-07-08 01:01 PM
    ATT told me that I need to hold down ALT when I type MEPD and MEP2. Is this right? Should I just hold down ALT when I type "2" to get the number? Any help would be geatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I believe it's only when you're going to type the 2. You just type MEPD (case doesn't matter) to get in first. After you type the MEP2, a box opens up where you enter your unlock code. Just one thing...When you're typing MEPD, you won't see the letters on your screen.

Hope this helps.
    09-07-08 01:26 PM
    Thanks to all for the info to get the unlock code directly from AT&T. I'm off to call them in a few minutes.

I've read through the thread, but have a couple of questions that I didn't see an answer for.

I'm 6 months into an AT&T contract for my 8310 Red Curve. Next month I'll be traveling to Ireland for a few weeks & refuse to upgrade to an International Plan...for AN ENTIRE YEAR!!

Anyways, my questions:

Can I unlock my phone now, weeks before I switch out my SIM card?
    Will I still be able to use my current service if I unlock now?
    What about when I return. Can I just pop back in my AT&T SIM card?

This may need to be asked in a different thread (if so, please tell me):
    If I get an International SIM will I still get data service?
    Will I get a new phone number?
    Any recommendations for company?
    Buy on line or when I get there?

Thanks!! I am totally clueless & appreciate the help

ETA: I was able to get my code from my on-line account. The step-by-step procedure doesn't sound like anything mentioned above. This is what they had to say:

You'll need your phone in hand to unblock your SIM Card.

First, enter the 8-digit PUK code, then press OK/Yes.
    Note: Some Motorola phone users will need to enter **05* if "enter PUK" is not already displayed. After entering **05*, then enter the 8-digit PUK code and press OK.
    Select a new PIN code, then press OK/Yes.
    Re-enter the PIN code, then press OK/Yes.
    If the codes were entered successfully, the phone is ready for use.
    I've got my PUK (Pin Unlock Code), so we're good there.
    What is the "new PIN code" they speak of? Is this meant for an AT&T Intl SIM card? I haven't purchased my Int'l SIM card as of yet & I don't want to use it yet either.

HELP?!?!
    Last edited by bean08; 09-10-08 at 09:04 PM.
    09-10-08 08:48 PM
    Yes,

And several threads address every single one of those questions.

Use the search.
    09-11-08 05:53 AM
    Where do you type it in? It shows "Sim Card: No Valid SIM card"
    then a menu.
    09-11-08 05:05 PM
    When I hit 'D' it displays all the Personalization:? Why does it do this? I have a AT&T SIM in. How do you unlock it. Network still shows as 'active'.
    09-11-08 05:15 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2
    Then you type your unlock code into the box and press the trackball.
    09-11-08 05:15 PM
    When I hit 'D' it displays all the Personalization:? Why does it do this? I have a AT&T SIM in. How do you unlock it. Network still shows as 'active'.
    Before it's unlocked all of that stuff will say active. At that screen you type MEP2. You won't see the letters as you type. A box will open up and that's where you enter your unlock code. Then when you go back to that screen, everything should say disabled if it was done correctly.
    09-11-08 05:19 PM
    i have the sunset red curve 8320 tmobile.
    does anybody know how the new os 4.5.0.55 works does it have uma wifi calling and does video camera actually work and can you downgrade back to regular software without any issues please let me know thanks everybody
    09-15-08 04:02 PM
    wrong thread for this, but yes, you can upgrade and it works just fine. you can also downgrade if you want later on, but I dont see any particular reason to.
    09-15-08 04:47 PM
    Need help here...can you unlock a verizon curve? I have the 8330...Thanks
    09-15-08 05:55 PM
    I have an 8320 using Vodafone (India) that I need to unlock. I have contacted Vodafone but they have refused to provide an unlock code, so I used a service to obtain the code. The code is shown below. Can anyone please advise on whether the format of the provided code is correct, and if so, how do I enter the code. I know how to get to the MEP2 entry point, but am just concerned over the code entry.

The code in question: #pw726105893671358+1#
    09-17-08 12:43 AM
    I have an 8320 using Vodafone (India) that I need to unlock. I have contacted Vodafone but they have refused to provide an unlock code, so I used a service to obtain the code. The code is shown below. Can anyone please advise on whether the format of the provided code is correct, and if so, how do I enter the code. I know how to get to the MEP2 entry point, but am just concerned over the code entry.

The code in question: #pw726105893671358+1#
    Read the first 700 posts,its all there.
    09-17-08 05:33 AM
    Read the first 700 posts,its all there.
    I have read the first 700 posts but was not able to find anything confirming the format of the code that I received being correct, hence my request for help.
    09-17-08 10:54 PM
1,410 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD