You need to have the phone and also have an active account with the carrier then they may give you the code.
    That would probably be a plus. If you aren't with a carrier they would probably charge you for the code the same as a bank will cash a check for free for their customers and charge non-customers.
    01-04-10 04:09 PM
    You need to have the phone and also have an active account with the carrier then they may give you the code.
    No,Not at all! I never had an account with ATT EVER!! They gave it up. FREE!
    01-04-10 06:39 PM
    I hear ya!!! There's very little use for 3rd party companies selling unlock service.

The US providers provide it free always!! ALWAYS!!!

I used 4 unlock services, they all failed miserably, called ATT got it free!!!

Well, I hope your service is better than 2 I tried. Before I got wise and just called ATT I tried 2 different services and neither one could get me my code. I received my money back from 1 and not the other.

On my second phone I called ATT, after buying my Bold outright, to get my codes only to get the run around and the csr said I needed to send reciepts and yada yada so I hung up. Called back and got a different csr and had my code in 2 minutes.

I am not saying your company is bad or anything just that I personally had bad experiences with 3rd party unlockers. I am/was not aware of any company not giving codes to people that own the phone outright. Legally the code is yours if the phone is yours.
    01-04-10 06:43 PM
    No,Not at all! I never had an account with ATT EVER!! They gave it up. FREE!
    Yeah sure, but I think it is YMMV
    01-04-10 06:43 PM
    Yeah sure, but I think it is YMMV
    FREE,no charge what so ever!!

No need to pay EVER!
    01-04-10 06:51 PM
    I guess you're lucky or charming with them .....they're not as cooperative with everyone. I've tried myself with carriers which I don't deal with and they always turned me down.

As for Canadian carriers, forget getting the code from them! you have more chances of winning the lottery.
    01-04-10 08:31 PM
    I hear ya!!! There's very little use for 3rd party companies selling unlock service.

The US providers provide it free always!! ALWAYS!!!

I used 4 unlock services, they all failed miserably, called ATT got it free!!!
    Fortunately, we're not all the same. Most of us have pretty good feedback on here, which shows 2 things:

1) People use our services, rendering it necessary for us to provide them
    2) Most of us are well recommended and aren't like the services that you've used in the past

We usually tell customers to try their carrier first (which you can see all over crackberry.com), and contrary to some people's belief, there are guidelines that the US carriers are supposed to use when determining who gets the codes. Some CSRs are obviously more lax then others..which happens everywhere.

If you can get your code for free everytime..more power to you! Wish Rogers did the same for me...
    01-04-10 10:23 PM
    There are loads of companies out there that do it, it shouldn't be that hard to find a good one
    01-07-10 05:07 AM
    There are loads of companies out there that do it, it shouldn't be that hard to find a good one
    Absolutely, I think consumers like to ask and get feedback from other members before they make their decision in who they will choose to unlock their phone.
    01-07-10 10:08 AM
    Sorry guys but I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but it is a very long one and I don't think I found my question. What I am wondering is can I unlock my 8350i to go online without the data plan, it still picks up the wifi signals but won't go online, is this possible??? I have Sprint/Nextel
    01-10-10 08:11 PM
    Should just need to switch it to the hotspot browser in the browser options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 08:15 PM
    Sorry guys but I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but it is a very long one and I don't think I found my question. What I am wondering is can I unlock my 8350i to go online without the data plan, it still picks up the wifi signals but won't go online, is this possible??? I have Sprint/Nextel
    I do that now with my 8320. No data plan, online and also use Yahoo mail and messenger, youtube, etc...
    01-10-10 08:29 PM
    A friend of mine has a BB Curve he is no longer using. He was using the phone on the ATT network. Can I unlock this BB and use it on a trip next month to the Dominican Republic once I purchase a SIM card either here (on Ebay) or once I get there?
    01-11-10 09:06 PM
    A friend of mine has a BB Curve he is no longer using. He was using the phone on the ATT network. Can I unlock this BB and use it on a trip next month to the Dominican Republic once I purchase a SIM card either here (on Ebay) or once I get there?
    You sure can, we can unlock it for you and email you the code right away
    01-11-10 09:07 PM
    Definately! Once we unlock it you can use the phone while in the Dominican!
    01-11-10 09:07 PM
    You can get it unlocked free, don't pay anyone EVER!!!

Follow the link below.
    01-11-10 09:12 PM
    You can get it unlocked free, don't pay anyone EVER!!!

Follow the link below.
    Hmmm...interesting. But it's not my phone, my friend is letting me borrow it and I'll give it back to him when I get back. I don't plan to let him know that I unlocked it. I just told him that my current phone will not work there.
    01-11-10 09:30 PM
    Hmmm...interesting. But it's not my phone, my friend is letting me borrow it and I'll give it back to him when I get back. I don't plan to let him know that I unlocked it. I just told him that my current phone will not work there.
    If your friend has an account with AT&T he can get the code for free. The phone will not be affected by being unlocked.

If you don't want to tell him that you unlocked it, then you can buy the code or try to call the carrier. They usually won't give it to you if you don't have an account with them, unless you catch a CSR that has no clue of the guidelines.
    01-11-10 09:35 PM
    Ask him to unlock it. It will only increase the value.

I unlocked mine thru att with no account, others have too.

There are no negatives to unlocking.
    01-11-10 09:37 PM
    Should just need to switch it to the hotspot browser in the browser options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tried that and it's not working, any suggestions??
    01-12-10 06:07 PM
    Tried that and it's not working, any suggestions??
    What message are you getting when trying to use the Browser?
    01-12-10 06:25 PM
    iv got a blackberry curve 8310 its on vodafone can any1 tell me how i can unlock it plzzzzzzzz
    01-14-10 02:29 PM
    iv got a blackberry curve 8310 its on vodafone can any1 tell me how i can unlock it plzzzzzzzz
    We can help you unlock it, you can order the unlock code on our website and we will email you the unlock code.

If you have an account with Vodafone, you can try and call them to see if they can give you the code for free also.
    01-14-10 02:31 PM
    how much will it cost
    01-14-10 02:38 PM
    how much will it cost
    Is your Blackberry from Voda UK?
    01-14-10 02:40 PM
1,410 ... 5354555657
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD