I will be attempting to unlock an 8320 from Tmobile to be used on AT&T. I sure hope this works.
    Man this sucks!!! I just unlocked the 8320 from T-Mob and it works great. The phone is 3 days old and I just noticed some lint/dust under the screen and it has never been in my pocket. This means I have to return the dang thing and get a new one that is locked and go through the process all over again.SH%T
    06-02-08 06:43 PM
    I have received a BB 8320 titanium curve on ATT. want to activate wifi but don't have data plan. is there some way to activate the wifi for home and away use without subscribing to a data plan? will simply unlocking the phone also unlock the wifi?
    I'm using mine right now without a data plan or voice plan.

Yes its possible.

I have a pp sim card if I ever need to make a voice call.

Make sure you have wifi preferred selected.
    06-02-08 08:09 PM
    Man this sucks!!! I just unlocked the 8320 from T-Mob and it works great. The phone is 3 days old and I just noticed some lint/dust under the screen and it has never been in my pocket. This means I have to return the dang thing and get a new one that is locked and go through the process all over again.SH%T
    Since its under warranty,I understand your aggravation.

As for the screen,its only stuck on with double stick tape and pops right off,if your careful.
    06-02-08 08:10 PM
    Yeah but whats the code
    see the unlock for free thread on this site.
    06-02-08 08:12 PM
    how do you unlock your 8310 when entering the usa
    06-04-08 07:10 PM
    how do you unlock your 8310 when entering the usa
    read posts 1-554.
    06-04-08 07:12 PM
    Yes...its that simple. Just enter the code that you receive and that's it. You will need a Cingular (or ATT) SIM card in order to bring up the menu. I have them available if you need one.

i can arrange for att sim i just wont the code can somebody provide me ?
    06-04-08 08:49 PM
    is any body help me
    06-04-08 08:51 PM
    I have just purchased a Curve 8310, my 3rd BB phone. The seller has informed me that the phone is unlocked but "configured" or "software wise" for At&t's branded software. Sometimes problems are experienced when transferring data and it may need to have "generic" software reloaded on the phone. I am going to be using T-mobile's service on my phone. Has anyone heard of such a thing and/or know where I could obtain "generic" software to resolve this potential problem. I am still waiting to receive the phone in the mail. THANKS, Love the site !!
    Last edited by butchyg73; 06-07-08 at 02:28 PM.
    06-04-08 09:35 PM
    I had a blackberry thru AT&T and now I am with Verizon. Was wondering if anyone can give me some codes or help to switching my blackberry to Verizon...so i won't have to use this silly Juke phone anymore..thanks.
    06-05-08 09:58 AM
    can somebody help me ? i have a tmob blackberry unlocked to be used on other networks. the data works perfectly but each time i place a call phone turns off by itself
    06-05-08 10:28 AM
    I had a blackberry thru AT&T and now I am with Verizon. Was wondering if anyone can give me some codes or help to switching my blackberry to Verizon...so i won't have to use this silly Juke phone anymore..thanks.
    Verizon uses CDMA technology, not GSM. Phone may not work w/ Verizon. And if you need an unlock code? Look at 1-544 in this thread.
    06-05-08 12:16 PM
    Sorry 1-554
    06-05-08 12:17 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    Ok, can you please tell me how to punch in MEPD and MEP2 as I was informed to hold down the ALT key and (in CAPS) enter MEPD which will not show on display as you type it in and same again for MEP2. How do I know it will be capitals and not lowercase? Emphasis was placed on enter both in Capitals???

Please help.

Thanks
    06-06-08 07:30 AM
    Hey, I have been provided instructions on unlocking the Curve, but am unsure how to go about it, i.e. STEP 1 - Turn Off Wireless/bluetooth (does this mean the turn off the bluetooth and ATT Network or just the Bluetooth?); STEP 2 - Select OPTIONS; STEP 3 - Select ADVANCED OPTIONS; STEP 4 - Select SIM Card; STEP 5- Hold down ALT key and type MEPD (Was informed to enter MEPD in capitals though that it will not be seen on screen whilst typing - so how do I know I have entered it in caps?); STEP 6 -Hold down ALT key and type MEP2 (Again in caps?); Step 7 - enter the 16 digit code and press Enter; STEP 8 - Reboot Device (does this mean turn off and the on the Cell?)

I only get 5 tries otherwise I'm stuck with AT&T.

Please help as I need to use this phone abroad. Would appreciate it.

Thanks
    06-06-08 08:08 AM
    Hey, I have been provided instructions on unlocking the Curve, but am unsure how to go about it, i.e. STEP 1 - Turn Off Wireless/bluetooth (does this mean the turn off the bluetooth and ATT Network or just the Bluetooth?); STEP 2 - Select OPTIONS; STEP 3 - Select ADVANCED OPTIONS; STEP 4 - Select SIM Card; STEP 5- Hold down ALT key and type MEPD (Was informed to enter MEPD in capitals though that it will not be seen on screen whilst typing - so how do I know I have entered it in caps?); STEP 6 -Hold down ALT key and type MEP2 (Again in caps?); Step 7 - enter the 16 digit code and press Enter; STEP 8 - Reboot Device (does this mean turn off and the on the Cell?)

I only get 5 tries otherwise I'm stuck with AT&T.

Please help as I need to use this phone abroad. Would appreciate it.

Thanks

Deepa,....Babe.

You don't tell us if you have the code???

You need it.

Then You can unlock.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/unlo...-anyone-20002/
    06-06-08 08:05 PM
    I have my old T-Mobile Curve that I want to Unlock and put on ebay. Im sure it would be worth more if it were unlocked. Is the unlock code and process the same as the others?
    06-07-08 01:09 PM
    I have my old T-Mobile Curve that I want to Unlock and put on ebay. Im sure it would be worth more if it were unlocked. Is the unlock code and process the same as the others?
    Yes, I did exactly that with my 8310.

Bought it locked for 150, unlocked it free and sold it on the bay for 275.

Yes same.
    06-07-08 03:16 PM
    Thanks Ant, You are awesome!!!!!! Will try that tonight
    06-07-08 03:39 PM
    This worked to a certain point. Then it asked me for a code which I do not have. Assuming I need to contact TMO's CS?
    06-08-08 08:28 AM
    This worked to a certain point. Then it asked me for a code which I do not have. Assuming I need to contact TMO's CS?
    Yep. If thats the company its locked to.

Tell them your traveling to europe next week and need it unlocked.
    06-08-08 09:08 AM
    No selling here or referrals.

It's not necessary to ever pay anyone for a code.

They get it from the same place you will.

Basically charging you to make a free phone call.

See my sig. theres an entire thread about getting your phone unlocked for free.
    06-08-08 05:59 PM
    good. that means im not gonna send them through pms either...
    like i said, its better to go to your provider or ebay it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ***** if you found it and are not willing to share quit talking about it. On the point of it being illegal you just admitted that you have it so are you trying to say it's illegal for us and NOT illegal for you.

P.S. aren't you in Central America? Blackberry ID 10 T error......

yes i know this was an old post.
    06-10-08 11:17 AM
    Hi I need help!!

I was given a Blackberry 8320 about a week ago because my company has sent me abroad to work for the next year. When I arrived in Sydney I inserted a SIM card for Telstra (a cell phone company here in Australia) and the phone says �Invalid SIM Card�. Telstra told me that this could be due to the phone being locked to T Mobile in the US. When I asked my aunt about this she told me that the sales rep who helped her told her that I would be able to use the phone internationally with the local GSM carrier�s SIM so that I wouldn�t get slugged with international roaming charges for the next year while I�m here.

I followed the instructions in an earlier string re: the M (something) code to see if the phone was locked and this is what I got:

Personalization:

SIM Disabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

When I typed in MEP 2 it asked for an �unlocking code�.

Does this mean that the phone is still locked to T Mobile or is that what it normally says?

I�ve contacted T Mobile to see if they could help me but because I'm not a customer I was told that they couldn�t unlock the phone for me. They told me to contact RIM. RIM says that they don't provide unlocking codes for their phones but asked for the PIN. Why would they need that?

How do I unlock the phone if neither T Mobile and RIM are willing to help me and without having to pay $150 (seriously what I was quoted here in AUS)?

Is anyone there able to help me out?

Sincerely,

Phone-less in Oz :-)
    06-11-08 04:08 AM
    speak to a manager at Tmo. Its unlawful for them to deny u the code.
    06-11-08 05:56 AM
1,410 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD