05-23-08 08:06 PM
    Wow - thanks... i had to try it twice..but it worked...thanks again
    05-25-08 06:35 PM
    Ant, I don't know how you do it.

(I don't mean unlocking...)
    ????????????????????
    05-25-08 06:36 PM
    the code didn't work for me.
    got a curve 8310, from vodafone/ireland and i'm in israel on orange network.
    05-26-08 11:43 AM
    hey guys i'm new to this forum. i recently got a BlackBerry 8310 from my friend and its from At&t and i want to use it with my T-Mobile SIM. Does anybody know where i can get an unlock code for free. cause i really dont trust these people on ebay. or where i can get one for cheap..
    05-27-08 08:52 PM
    hey guys i'm new to this forum. i recently got a BlackBerry 8310 from my friend and its from At&t and i want to use it with my T-Mobile SIM. Does anybody know where i can get an unlock code for free. cause i really dont trust these people on ebay. or where i can get one for cheap..
    FeFe,

Don't pay anyone. ATT will unlock it free.

see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/unl...tml#post338847
    05-27-08 09:08 PM
    I'm a Rogers customer with a 8310 locked to it.

I'm traveling to Cali in a couple days and wanted to unlock my phone. Unfortunatley when I called Rogers, they said they didn't have any unlock codes

Anyways, can you guys tell me how this would work?
    Say I get an unlock code off Ebay or something...do I just use that code and follow the instructions on the first page to unlock it? Then just go to T-Mobile or whatever and purchase a pay as you go sim card and pop it in and i'm good to go? Or do I get the code, go to get a t-mobile sim card first, pop it in and put in the unlock code?

Also, what costs am I looking at?
    The cost to get the code, $20 pay as you go sim card with $xx air time, and that's it?

Just deciding if it's worth it, as I'm only going for two weeks. Might be better off just going without a phone
    05-28-08 01:27 PM
    I'm a Rogers customer with a 8310 locked to it.

I'm traveling to Cali in a couple days and wanted to unlock my phone. Unfortunatley when I called Rogers, they said they didn't have any unlock codes

Anyways, can you guys tell me how this would work?
    Say I get an unlock code off Ebay or something...do I just use that code and follow the instructions on the first page to unlock it? Then just go to T-Mobile or whatever and purchase a pay as you go sim card and pop it in and i'm good to go? Or do I get the code, go to get a t-mobile sim card first, pop it in and put in the unlock code?

Also, what costs am I looking at?
    The cost to get the code, $20 pay as you go sim card with $xx air time, and that's it?

Just deciding if it's worth it, as I'm only going for two weeks. Might be better off just going without a phone
    The people off ebay have to do the same thing as you to get the code, therefore do NOT pay.

I paid 4 people on ebay and they all failed miserably.

They refunded my money, but couldn't do what they promised.

I then called ATT direct, (wasn't even a customer),guess what.

A week later got the code by email FREE w/instructions.
    Last edited by ant17; 05-28-08 at 08:52 PM.
    05-28-08 08:33 PM
    Would this be the case for T-Mobile customers as well? What would I benefit to 'unlocking' my T-Mobile branded 8320?
    05-29-08 10:23 AM
    Ability to use any provider or pp sim cards.
    05-29-08 08:53 PM
    Calling T-Mobile Works. I called to unlock my Curve 8320. They said they are processing my request and should be just few days.
    05-30-08 02:16 PM
    I successfully unlocked an AT&T curve to TMO thanks to the instructions here, I could not get the TMO rep to give me the unlock, but the AT&T rep did without question, go figure. Now of course the curve is still branded with AT&T, is it worth it to redo the the phone with TMO OS, does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of the 2. I seem to have all the functions, internet is there, etc.
    05-30-08 08:16 PM
    I successfully unlocked an AT&T curve to TMO thanks to the instructions here, I could not get the TMO rep to give me the unlock, but the AT&T rep did without question, go figure. Now of course the curve is still branded with AT&T, is it worth it to redo the the phone with TMO OS, does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of the 2. I seem to have all the functions, internet is there, etc.
    You can but don't have to.

This forum (site) has instructions to wipe the phone clean, but I haven't done it.
    05-30-08 08:33 PM
    its simple to do for some. I would also just buy it unlocked - check out my sigs if you need one unlocked.
    Consider your self reported.

Violation of forum rules, NO ADVERTISING!!!

Don't pay this guy for anything!!!

Unlocks are always free and simple to do!
    05-31-08 06:41 AM
    I have a 8300 and it is unlocked right now, it keeps shutting off when I'm in the middle of a call, if I reinstall the OS will return to being locked?
    05-31-08 10:12 AM
    I have a 8300 and it is unlocked right now, it keeps shutting off when I'm in the middle of a call, if I reinstall the OS will return to being locked?
    nope!
    05-31-08 12:10 PM
    HI i am a proud owner of a Bberry 8310 Curve smart phone-(just got it at a garage sale)it has a ATT sim card in it-but i want to transfer my T-mobile acct onto it-what steps do i take to unlock it??
    05-31-08 12:29 PM
    i did this and it came up with a thing that says Enter Network MEP code (10 left)
    05-31-08 02:52 PM
    HI i am a proud owner of a Bberry 8310 Curve smart phone-(just got it at a garage sale)it has a ATT sim card in it-but i want to transfer my T-mobile acct onto it-what steps do i take to unlock it??
    Try your T-mo sim in it to see if it works, or if its locked.

If locked, call ATT toll free, and tell them your going to Italy next week and wish to have the subsidy unlock code.

I personally gaurantee, they will do it FOR FREE!!!
    05-31-08 07:34 PM
    i did this and it came up with a thing that says Enter Network MEP code (10 left)
    That right, now enter the code.
    05-31-08 07:34 PM
    I just unlocked my curve a couple days ago, its a 8300 from ATT and i dont have an ATT sim card and i had no problems accessing the mepd part... I cant remember if i did it with my tmo sim in or just without any sim card on the phone, the first few times i tried it, it was working but after a few tries and taking the batery out it worked, not sure what happened, maybe i got lucky lol
    06-01-08 05:31 PM
    I will be attempting to unlock an 8320 from Tmobile to be used on AT&T. I sure hope this works.
    06-01-08 05:40 PM
    That right, now enter the code.
    Yeah but whats the code
    06-02-08 01:34 PM
    i did so in my bb 8320 tmobile, and is not working the phone does not ask for the mep code, whta can ido next??
    06-02-08 01:41 PM
    I have received a BB 8320 titanium curve on ATT. want to activate wifi but don't have data plan. is there some way to activate the wifi for home and away use without subscribing to a data plan? will simply unlocking the phone also unlock the wifi?
    06-02-08 06:25 PM
1,410 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD