what do you do next?
    07-21-07 08:25 AM
    You will need to buy an unlock code.

PM or email for unlock codes.
    07-21-07 08:31 PM
    AT&T/Cingular will generally give the unlock code to a paid up customer - right over the phone. Then you simply enter it (method a few posts up), and the device is fully unlocked. Unlocking your Curve with a free code? Priceless...
    07-24-07 08:16 PM
    Cingular won't give it to you over the phone. They put in a request over the phone and send it to you in the mail...supposedly. Half the time, they never send it. The other half, they send it 2-3 weeks later. Much quicker and convenient to purchase one.
    07-24-07 08:28 PM
    This thread helps a lot. Thanks
    07-26-07 10:16 PM
    What does "unlocking" actually do? I am confused as to what that means. Also, if my curve is attached to my corporations IT policy (their BES) will I still be able to "unlock" my bb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-04-07 10:42 PM
    Unlocking allows one to use their device on ANY other GSM carrier! When you buy a device it's locked to that particular carrier, so you can't take it to another carrier, and just use it, thus the orginal carrier loses money...

So, addicts like us, pay to have it unlocked thus being able to use it with another carrier. I have a Curve, on T-Mobile. And, as you know, T-Mobile DON'T sell Curve's, yet...

Part two: yes...
    08-04-07 11:21 PM
    Hi Guys, can anyone please help me with unlocking my 8300, as it is locked to the Cayman Islands net work cable and wirless? I promise never to go shopping on holidays again.......
    08-06-07 06:38 AM
    Can anyone help me to unlock my BB 8700f IMEI *******00901909
    Last edited by anon(153966); 08-07-07 at 01:52 PM. Reason: ...changed IMEI number!
    08-07-07 01:43 PM
    Hamouda, NEVER post your IMEI number online, anywhere, unless you're paying for a service or something...

Scary

What do you need help with exactly? It's not free to unlock a device, unless you have your carrier do it for you. So, you really need to go here!
    08-07-07 01:54 PM
    Tthanks, because i need the phone and i didn't find any solution, and i can't pay online because i'm in Tunisia.
    08-07-07 01:58 PM
    I'll try to format my BB with JL_Cmder
    08-07-07 02:03 PM
    thanks Murphydawg80
    08-07-07 02:37 PM
    I have the Curve with ATT wireless and just called them to get the unlock code for the phone. After providing the IMEI number, the CSR was able to find the unlock code from the database and provided it over the phone immediately. Secondly, she emailed the instructions on how to unlock the subsidy feature.

1 Insert Cingular SIM into device
    2 Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
    3 Select "Options" and then "Advanced Options"
    4 Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
    5 Type "MEPD" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] [DF]) - this will not display on screen
    6 Type "MEP2" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] alt [TY]) - this will not display on screen
    7 Enter the Unlock Code
    8 Press enter
    9 Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

If it helps anyone, it's worth giving ATT a call to see if this can be done for you as well.
    08-13-07 11:56 AM
    i was wondering what you guys are talking about if its not too much of a trouble to briefly explain. if its not something that can be posted for certain reasons please feel free to email me @ [email protected] thanks !!!
    08-15-07 11:55 AM
    Hamouda, NEVER post your IMEI number online, anywhere, unless you're paying for a service or something...

Scary
    wuts so bad about posting your IMEI?
    08-17-07 12:38 PM
    I will be going to Spain for a number of months to study and would like to unlock my ATT Curve for use there with a local carrier and not have to pay long distance rates for what will be local calls. Will I be able to sign up in Spain for that short a time?

I've also heard that all over Europe it is possible to buy pre-paid SIMS and periodically reload minutes on to them, is that correct?

Is it possible to either sign up short term or get a pre-paid SIM which will also give me full access to data?
    08-20-07 01:49 PM
    To the people that got their code directly from AT&T, did you have to say anything special or do anything to get them to help you? or did you just get lucky with your CSR?
    08-20-07 02:35 PM
    I kind of don't understand the instructuions on how to unlock my phone? If I'm using att anyways what are the benifits to unlocking mu phone

08-22-07 03:29 PM
    Once I've done MEPD and MEP2, will it then work when I put in my Maxis (Malaysia) SIM card?

Pardon the perhaps ignorant question, but after MEP2 it popped up a screen asking me to enter the network's MEP code. What's this about as I ignored it and backed out

John
    08-24-07 01:45 PM
    Hi ya'll. I have a question concerning Blackberrys (and no, It's not how to unlock them...I read the whole thread, don't worry)

I've been living in NYC for a year, using a Blackberry with Verizon. I'm moving back to Toronto next week and want to continue using a Blackberry. I've been told I can't bring my Verizon Blackberry to Canada because it doesn't have a SIM card and is therefore unlockable or something like that? Yea?

So, what I'm planning on doing is buying a new Blackberry Curve here in NYC, getting it unlocked and then bringing it to Toronto with me.

The question is: Will I be able to take my Blackberry to Fido (fido.ca) They don't carry Blackberrys at all, but their new PDA (Nokia E62) runs on a GSM network and uses something called "Blackberry Connect".

Any insight would be much appreciated. I want to go with Fido b/c they have the best plans for data/voice in my opinion, but if it's not possible to use a Blackberry with Fido, then I won't bother purchasing one here; I'll just buy one with one of the other Toronto cell providers that offers Blackberrys.

Phew. That was long. Sorry....eeep.

S.

PS - and speaking of, does anyone know anything about this Nokia E62 thingy? ...probably a stupid thing to ask on a Blackberry website, but it might be one of my options.
    Last edited by sharnyparny; 08-28-07 at 01:13 AM. Reason: forgot something (sorry)
    08-28-07 01:08 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I want to unlock my curve, but I have been told that if I do unlock my phone the internet will no longer work on the phone. Is this true? I have an 8300 with AT&T. Thanks for your help!
    08-31-07 03:39 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I want to unlock my curve, but I have been told that if I do unlock my phone the internet will no longer work on the phone. Is this true? I have an 8300 with AT&T. Thanks for your help!
    That's rediculous. No, that's not true. PM for unlock code.
    08-31-07 04:04 PM
    I Have A Blackberry 8300 Curve For At&t N I Have A T Mobile Sim Card Iz There Any Way I Kann Get The Unlock Code For It????
    09-03-07 03:35 PM
    I just want to clarify that if I buy a BB curve that I should get a pay as you go sim card to unlock the phone and then I can put in my Tmobile sim card?
    Will it have full functionality??
    09-03-07 05:52 PM
1,410 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD