If the phone as an IT Policy It will not allow access, I have an IT Policy Remover Software for Free, contact me to get it.
    02-23-09 10:15 PM
    T-Mobile really makes me wonder sometimes.

I called to have my phone unlocked (because I'm going to Saudi Arabia for a year) and she confirmed my phone (8900).

Get the e-mail this morning...they sent the unlock code for my 8100 that I had 3 years ago. IMEI's don't match obviously.

Now I gotta call them back...and I only have 8 tries left cuz I didn't read the e-mail properly the first time.
    02-25-09 10:40 AM
    lol, just follow the steps above, call AT&T or T-Mobile, tell them you'll be travelling out of the country and would like to unlock your phone to use simcards overseas.

voila, unlock code @ no charge.
    So Did you call your provider you usually have? or did you call what the phone is issued to?
    For ex. I have tmobile pearl. I just got a curve that belongs orginally to ATT. in order to get the unlock code, do i call tmobile or ATT?

thx
    02-27-09 01:32 PM
    called mine today which is orange,and they will send me the subsidy unlock code for �20,tried going to italy etc,etc and still had no joy unless i pay the 20 quid
    i just got a blackberry curve through today, the 8320 emerald black one

my dad got it free with his buisness contract but fortunatly for me, my dad is pretty much technologically unable.

i love it, but the problem is, i still have a contract with t-mobile. now, as far as i can tell, my new blackberry is locked to all networks apart from orange, i live in the UK by the way.

where abouts would i be able to find an unlock code?
    are they unique to each individual blackberry or is it the same unlock code for all blackberry curve?

im a complete newbie here, guys

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!
    Last edited by polka.dots; 02-27-09 at 05:42 PM.
    02-27-09 05:31 PM
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if I went into my sim card settings and entered mep2 and the five locking categories popped up is there any way to hide that? My cell phone is still under warranty; there's a problem with it and I'm scared that my cell phone provider won't take the phone back for a swap because they're going to think I'm tampering with it (even though I haven't unlocked the phone).

Thanks a bunch in advance...
    02-28-09 06:08 AM
    I have BB ATT 8300 and 8310 can someone email me the codes?
    03-02-09 08:10 PM
    I have unlock a at&t bb curve with a t-mobile card in it, it works
    03-02-09 08:21 PM
    Murphydawg80, can you email me the unlock codes?
    03-02-09 08:28 PM
    Well its a good thing I have Alltel!!! No sim card!! Yea! Go My Circle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:38 PM
    Ok, I have service through sprint and woiuld like to unlock my phone... Pls help
    03-06-09 04:21 AM
    Ok, I have service through sprint and woiuld like to unlock my phone... Pls help
    Not going to happen. Your 8330 is a CDMA device so it can't be.
    03-06-09 01:53 PM
    I know I don't have a Curve but I thought I'd chime in on this one.

The other day there was a big debate going on in the Bold forum about how easy it is to obtain an unlock code from AT&T. Now eventhough I have no reason to unlock my phone I thought I'd try it and see how easy it was.

So while at work I took a moment and called AT&T CS. Here's how it went:

Rep: How can I help you today? (after all the mumbo jumbo before that)

Me: Hi I'm calling because I'm going on a trip to Australia next week and I was hoping to get an unlock code for the phone on this number that I'm calling about. The Bold under this phone number.

Rep: I'll be glad to help and assist you with that today. Gimme justtt one second....

Me: Okay no problem

(About 3 minutes go by)

Rep: Okay Mike I got that code for you, do you have a pen and paper ready?

Went as simple as that....
    03-06-09 07:42 PM
    Originally Posted by Ahkbuddy View Post
    I'm very new to this so any help would be appreciated. I just bought a ATT/Cingular Blackberry 8300 and I have T-Mobile. I would like to unlock the phone and keep T-Mobile instead of changing service.

Anyone can help with unlocking instructions?

Thanks in advance.
    03-07-09 11:33 AM
    It's pretty easy: see the post right above yours and then go to the first couple of posts in this thread. . . . .
    03-10-09 03:53 AM
    So I snagged an 8310 Curve from a guy on Craig's List last night. Called AT&T today (using the "traveling to Europe" story). I had the unlock code in about 5 minutes. Sweet!
    So, for anyone with a current AT&T account who gets a BB - getting the code is a piece of cake - and FREE. Thanks to all the folks here for the information. Now I have to see if I can update the OS to 4.7 - as my info in the phone seems to be at 4.2. Have a great day!!
    03-10-09 12:01 PM
    ^^^^really? thats what u did? i did the same thing and the lady transfered me to get an international plan thing under my account so i just hung up
    03-11-09 04:41 PM
    So I snagged an 8310 Curve from a guy on Craig's List last night. Called AT&T today (using the "traveling to Europe" story). I had the unlock code in about 5 minutes. Sweet!
    So, for anyone with a current AT&T account who gets a BB - getting the code is a piece of cake - and FREE. Thanks to all the folks here for the information. Now I have to see if I can update the OS to 4.7 - as my info in the phone seems to be at 4.2. Have a great day!!
    Locked or Unlocked you still cant have 4.7 on a curve. Sorry
    03-11-09 09:45 PM
    ^^^^really? thats what u did? i did the same thing and the lady transfered me to get an international plan thing under my account so i just hung up
    They actually tried to do that with me, also. But I already had a $3.99 plan with them since I call Canada alot. I guess you could tell them to add it, then have them remove it after the unlock code is provided. Sneaky - but it might work.
    03-12-09 07:58 AM
    Locked or Unlocked you still cant have 4.7 on a curve. Sorry
    You're absolutely right. I mis-spoke when I said 4.7. (4.7 is the current Destop Manager I'm running).
    I needed to upgrade to OS4.5 - which I did yesterday. What can I say - I'm a newb.
    03-12-09 07:59 AM
    If I have a TMo 8320 that I want to unlock but do not have a TMo SIM (I have AT&T) should I be able to use this method for unlocking or would I need access to a TMo SIM card?

Thanks for the great info.

Chris.
    03-12-09 08:23 AM
    They actually tried to do that with me, also. But I already had a $3.99 plan with them since I call Canada alot. I guess you could tell them to add it, then have them remove it after the unlock code is provided. Sneaky - but it might work.
    They originally tried to tell me I needed an international plan for $69 a month or something like that. I told them I didn't need it as I wouldn't be using att when I was international. They "had to check with someone" then came back and gave me my unlock code. That was with my curve. With my Bold the guy was like "where did you get it and how much did you pay for it" and I said it doesn't matter I bought it outright from a local att store. He came back and said I need to send a copy of the reciept to blah blah blah att and they would check it out and send me the code in 4-6 weeks. I hung up and called back and got a different csr and 2 minutes later had my unlock code.
    03-12-09 02:28 PM
    If I have a TMo 8320 that I want to unlock but do not have a TMo SIM (I have AT&T) should I be able to use this method for unlocking or would I need access to a TMo SIM card?

Thanks for the great info.

Chris.
    Chris - If you are an AT&T customer, you should be able to add the phone to your current profile with them and use your current SIM. After that, call them and get the unlock code using the European travel story. You should be good to go. Good Luck.
    03-12-09 04:11 PM
    Will unlock codes work with a cdma US cell phone?
    03-12-09 07:10 PM
    Will unlock codes work with a cdma US cell phone?
    No, just GSM or world phones like the Storm because it has GSM radio transmitter for overseas use, and it has a SIM card. Strictly cdma phone like the 8330 doesn't have a SIM card, so unlocking is not possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-13-09 at 03:10 AM.
    03-13-09 03:05 AM
    i've been waiting well over a day now anyone else?
    03-13-09 04:31 PM
1,410 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD