No, it's certainly not ok to post the links...
    06-11-07 06:14 PM
    good. that means im not gonna send them through pms either...
    like i said, its better to go to your provider or ebay it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-07 07:32 PM
    HI I GOT A AT&t BLACKBERRY CURVE AND I NEED TO UNLOCK IT TO USE IN AUSTRALIA CAN ANYONE HELP ME ???
    06-14-07 01:54 AM
    Did you read any of the posts above yours in this thread? Several unlocking companies were mentioned as being able to unlock the Curve. GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do has always done a great job. Quick service, too.
    06-14-07 02:16 AM
    I was actually using a Cingular SIM card...I had already made the switch in my head.
    Where would I be able to find the MEP codes?
    06-14-07 04:55 AM
    does anyone have the software for generating unlock codes blackberry curve. i would be appreciate if you could send the link or what is the name of the software. thank's in advance.
    06-14-07 06:27 AM
    Hey all, I am a newbie to the BB and I am off to a great start with the Curve. It is awesome. What are the issues involved with the concept of unlocking as described (i.e., benefits)? Please advise and thanks for all the great information on this site.
    06-29-07 11:31 AM
    Carriers (T-Mobile, Cingular, etc.) lock their phones for use with their network only. Each device has its own unlock code specific to its IMEI number. Unlocking a device allows for the use of that device to be used with any other carrier that utilizes the same type of network (ie. GSM).

Ex: A Cingular Blackberry Curve can be unlocked and used with T-Mobile.
    06-29-07 11:37 AM
    Got it. Thanks for the quick response. That is great info to have for future reference. Again, I am a newbie and I am getting up to speed. This site makes that possible.
    06-29-07 11:59 AM
    So at the risk of being exceptionally stupid, can anyone walk me through the following scenario? I have an 8830 and the instructions about how to get it to ask me for the MEP code are clear and work fine. I have a Vodafone SIM card from the UK. How can I get the Vodafone SIM card from the UK to spill its secret MEP code so that I can enter it into the 8830? Or is it not that easy?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by n451; 07-07-07 at 08:51 AM.
    07-07-07 08:22 AM
    Each blackberry has a unique unlock code that the carrier (Verizon in this case) and the manufacturer (RIM) have access to. The SIM card does not have this information. Email or PM for help getting your phones code.
    07-07-07 10:40 PM
    I have a cingular/at&t curve and I followed your steps to unlocking the phone. I went to options, advance options, sim card and I typed in mepd mep2 and now its asking me for the network MEP code (10 left). What do I do now?
    07-09-07 03:17 PM
    I have a cingular/at&t curve and I followed your steps to unlocking the phone. I went to options, advance options, sim card and I typed in mepd mep2 and now its asking me for the network MEP code (10 left). What do I do now?
    Enter your unlock code. You will need to obtain one from any of the various vendors offering unlocking services.
    07-09-07 03:43 PM
    Well I just sent my IEMI number in and they can't find it in ATT data base.... WTF how does that happen. I have the worst luck ever. All I want to do is make it work. ...
    Last edited by dallastt; 07-11-07 at 10:31 AM.
    07-11-07 10:25 AM
    dallastt, go here!

Make sure you DOUBLE CHECK your IMEI (options / status!)
    07-11-07 11:08 AM
    I used another service, but I was told they use the same data base.
    07-11-07 11:23 AM
    Albeit, like I said...
    07-11-07 11:37 AM
    I'm very new to this so any help would be appreciated. I just bought a ATT/Cingular Blackberry 8300 and I have T-Mobile. I would like to unlock the phone and keep T-Mobile instead of changing service.

Anyone can help with unlocking instructions?

Thanks in advance.
    07-11-07 12:40 PM
    I'm very new to this so any help would be appreciated. I just bought a ATT/Cingular Blackberry 8300 and I have T-Mobile. I would like to unlock the phone and keep T-Mobile instead of changing service.

Anyone can help with unlocking instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Hey.,... read the rest of the thread.....
    07-11-07 12:48 PM
    I have a BB curve and I am on a phone provider's plan in Toronto. I have such a great deal with them for voice calls that I do not want to leave them. They offer a dataplan, but it is not from Blackberry. Will any of thier data be compatible with my new toy. Also does anyone have an unlock code for this thing. I like free, so if thats possible please P.M. me.

T.I A.
    07-11-07 12:49 PM
    Blackberries will only transmit data with a Blackberry plan...other data plans do not work.

Codes aren't free.
    07-11-07 12:50 PM
    Blackberries will only transmit data with a Blackberry plan...other data plans do not work.

Codes aren't free.
    07-11-07 01:01 PM

Codes aren't free.

Not true. It is possible to use a standard cell phone data plan with the BB. You'll need to enter your carrier's APN settings under TCP in Options. With this set up properly you'll be able to use Opera Mini to access the web. Also, many other 3rd party applications that use TCP for data will work. That being said, it doesn't work in ALL cases but it's better than nothing..
    Last edited by John Clark; 07-11-07 at 01:12 PM.
    07-11-07 01:10 PM
    Good to know...in a pinch
    07-11-07 01:15 PM
    I have a BB Curve through AT&T and would like to unlock it. I do have a Cingular SIM card. So, if I go through the process of options>advanced options>SIM card>type MEPD>type MEP2. Do I need to do anything else to unlock the phone or is it that easy? Thanks in advance.
    07-12-07 08:28 PM
1,410 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD