Hi, I have a blacberry curve that is Rogers branded and I know if it's unlocked I could use it with Fido but will I be able to use it with my data plan? If I can, where do I get the wap settings from? Thanks
    11-10-09 06:13 PM
    if you plan on using it with fido, make sure you have a blackberry data plan. Not a regular data plan. You may have issues with getting that if you don't already have it. Plus you need to register it at fido.blackberry.com. The apn settings don't matter if you have a bb dataplan since it's going through BIS and not fido. It should work since i'm using an unlocked T-Mobile 8900 on the Fido network.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by The_LPT; 11-10-09 at 06:40 PM.
    11-10-09 06:37 PM
    u should b able to use it with ur data plan

Im on fido too..i dont have a data plan i just have unlimited email and instant messenger...which is all i basically need

dont know bout the wap settings tho
    11-10-09 06:37 PM
    u should b able to use it with ur data plan

Im on fido too..i dont have a data plan i just have unlimited email and instant messenger...which is all i basically need

dont know bout the wap settings tho
    How do I know if I have a Blackberry Data Plan or a regular data plan?

11-10-09 06:49 PM
    How do I know if I have a Blackberry Data Plan or a regular data plan?

Call your carrier and ask - the Blackberry Data Plans will be more expensive.
    11-10-09 06:52 PM
    Don't know much about settings, but mine is Rogers branded, and I switched to Fido. Its a smart move

11-10-09 07:54 PM
    Does your mms service work? I've been trying to get it to work with Curve 8310, no luck, called fido--don't support curve. Would be great to hear from you, thanks! It does work on my old 8100 Unlocked from AT&T as well.
    12-11-09 05:22 AM
    if you plan on using it with fido, make sure you have a blackberry data plan. Not a regular data plan. You may have issues with getting that if you don't already have it. Plus you need to register it at fido.blackberry.com. The apn settings don't matter if you have a bb dataplan since it's going through BIS and not fido. It should work since i'm using an unlocked T-Mobile 8900 on the Fido network.
    Does your mms service work? I've been trying to get it to work with Curve (ATT unlocked)8310, no luck, called fido--don't support curve. Would be great to hear from you, thanks! Does work though on my old 8100 unlocked from ATT
    12-11-09 05:23 AM
    I never had to register at fido.blackberry.com

I just called fido and ask them to add a BB data plan. Was up and running an hour later, everything works.
    12-11-09 05:30 AM
    I never had to register at fido.blackberry.com

I just called fido and ask them to add a BB data plan. Was up and running an hour later, everything works.
    What mms service books doyou have?
    12-12-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD