A lot of people are whining how Tmobile has no respect for BlackBerry users on their network. BlackBerry was the one who picked Verizon to distribute the Z30, at least in the US. I see there is a thread saying we should petition and have Tmobile sell it, that's up to BlackBerry. From what I read the Z30 is a really nice phone and for BlackBerry to only have Verizon carry it, is crap. So don't praise Chen too much, he fu*ked Tmobile from selling it.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:10 PM
    No. Sorry. You're wrong. Carriers pick what phones they sell or don't sell.

If anyone burned you, it was your dear Tmo.
    02-25-14 05:24 PM
    A lot of people are whining how Tmobile has no respect for BlackBerry users on their network. BlackBerry was the one who picked Verizon to distribute the Z30, at least in the US. I see there is a thread saying we should petition and have Tmobile sell it, that's up to BlackBerry. From what I read the Z30 is a really nice phone and for BlackBerry to only have Verizon carry it, is crap. So don't praise Chen too much, he fu*ked Tmobile from selling it.
    Wow!
    It's truly amazing how far off base and incorrect some positions are stated here with the most uninformed fervent inflexible staunch stances.
    raino likes this.
    02-25-14 05:45 PM
    That's not always true - Verizon did a real with BlackBerry for exclusive availability of the z30 for the US market for some undocumented period of time.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:46 PM
    From what I know, it was Verizon that was the only one who was willing to carry it back then, so they called it an exclusivity

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:54 PM
    So how do you know it was a case of BlackBerry picking Verizon, and not Verizon being the only option that BlackBerry had?
    02-25-14 06:07 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't have a deal with Verizon on the Z30, why can't we buy it yet directly from BlackBerry? Back in September, BlackBerry stated that they were not tied to Verizon, they were ready to ship to other carriers if requested. If BlackBerry really cared that the Z30 is available to everyone, again why aren't they offering it. I know everything BlackBerry says is the truth and no way misleading. Just like BB10 for the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:30 PM
    Back in September
    Is this what you're basing everything off of? Read this...from October:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609653-94/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/

It appears as if Verizon's "exclusive" arrangement is less about having locked up a deal with BlackBerry, and more about the lack of interest from rival carriers.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    02-25-14 08:55 PM
    For what it is worth, a CSR from TM told me the other day that unofficially they would be getting the Z30 in September. By then the Z30 will be old news. I think BlackBerry has missed their opportunity by not coming up with a Phablet type device like Samsung's Note 1,2,3. Those kinds of specs and versatility should have BlackBerry written all over it. Hopefully it's not too late to come up with that type of a device. If they could, I think they would knock it out of the park.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:30 PM
    BlackBerry stated that they were not tied to Verizon, they were ready to ship to other carriers if requested.
    Can you name any other carrier that requested it?
    Please provide a link as I am not privy to that information.
    02-25-14 11:30 PM
    Can you name any other carrier that requested it?
    Please provide a link as I am not privy to that information.
    My point was that they were ready to ship the phone to other carriers if requested was that they had Tmobile ready phones that should be offered on BlackBerrys website, just like Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:24 PM
    My point was that they were ready to ship the phone to other carriers if requested was that they had Tmobile ready phones that should be offered on BlackBerrys website, just like Z10 and Q10.
    OK....
    02-27-14 03:23 PM
    Device contracts are between the carrier and the manufacturer, verizon is #1 in the states for BlackBerry so it's logical for BlackBerry to make the best offers to them.

Verizon has the most blackberry devices on their Web site with the other carriers slowly dropping them off.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:55 PM