Can anyone help me i get incoming calls but no outgoing when i call out it says .... failed due to SIM toolkit control error try again later then it says under that when it goes away SIM:Call Barred
    08-01-09 05:21 AM
    I believe the only solution can be done by RIM with new firmware. Because the same SIM card works very well with other 3G cell phones like Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sharp, etc.

By the way, I am in Japan. I love my unlocked BB9000, however, with SoftBank 3G SIM Card, I can only receive calls and SMS text, but can't make a call or send any SMS message. The BB9000 shows such kind of error message: sim toolkit control error. Is there any one who can push RIM to solve this problem ? There are so many BB lovers which have been suffering such kind of things for so long time, why RIM can't release the solution ?
    08-21-09 11:02 AM
    You need a new SIM card from Softbank.

I had the same issue. I was using a Softbank 3G phone and later bought an unlocked AT&T Bold from USA. I had the same errors where I could receive SMS and calls, but not originate anything.

I "accidentally" broke my SIM, walked into a Softbank shop and 10 minutes later walked out with a new SIM (free, first time). Plugged it into the Bold and *voila* I could place calls and send SMS.

But unfortunately, there is no work-around to let you access data (inernet) on Softbank network. For that, you will have to go to Docomo.
    12-07-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD