View Poll Results: HTC EVO or the Blackberry Bold 9650

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry bold 9650

42 47.19%
  • HTC EVO

47 52.81%
    Its gonna b the best BlackBerry in Sprint. How can u not want one??
    Because its basically the exact same as 9630....its a clone rims cheap way upgrade.
    My trackball works fine ,I could care less about the extra mem ,I sit at 110mb with all apps installed which is plenty and have zero need for wifi 3G works just fine.
    Everything else about 9650 is the exact same...speed ,battery etc not a true upgrade for most 9630 users.
    Oh 9650 batt life will be less when wifi enabled.

The extra 9650 mem for 6.0 OS hmm
    That OS wont be available for some time and when available it will be so so ruff for many months to come..heck they still haven't put stable 5.0 9630 OS together a year later.
    Be prepared for many headaches to come its the cdma bb way
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-17-10 at 03:47 PM.
    05-17-10 03:05 PM
    heck they still haven't put stable 5.0 9630 OS together a year later.
    Be prepared for many headaches to come its the cdma bb way
    To be fair the 9630 has been very, very low priority for a long time (whether people wanted to admit or not). They had a stable OS5 for the 8530/8520 rather quickly.
    05-17-10 06:11 PM
    To be fair the 9630 has been very, very low priority for a long time (whether people wanted to admit or not). They had a stable OS5 for the 8530/8520 rather quickly.
    Well time will tell Wendsday will be here soon enough.
    9630 has been their test subject for almost a year 9650 OS should be strong out of the gate
    05-17-10 07:32 PM
    Its gonna b the best BlackBerry in Sprint. How can u not want one??
    because HTC Evo is what people want
    05-18-10 02:30 PM
    I have a tour and the new bold isnt enough of an upgrade for me. Im gonna keep my blackberry, but switch over to a Evo 4. I need to test the waters.
    05-18-10 03:06 PM
    O.K. lemme see here someone wants to CLAIMS the Tour as the TEST PLATFORM for the Bold? The didn't do anything to the Bold but throw in a TRACKPAD, MORE MEMORY, & WIFI, it operates the same still FLAWED & DOGGY, so if that is how RIM put something out to just test till the BEST ONE comes out, they FAILED!!
    The EVO is what you call a SUPERIOR UPGRADE, more memory, BIGGER PROCESSOR, TWO CAMERAS.
    Try something new, experience TECHNOLOGY at it's finest, let's not go back in time...
    05-18-10 05:04 PM
    ^^ just....wow....
    05-18-10 05:07 PM
    I chose Evo because even though it has the data fee, it has much better features, support for 4G, and can even video chat when you aren't in a 4G coverage area. Awesome.
    05-18-10 05:13 PM
    K9 mail gives you push for other email providers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 09:38 PM
    I honestly dont want to sound like a Blackberry basher, because Ive been using the Tour for over a year and its done ok, but:

I cant even believe these 2 phones are being compared. Theyre completely different classes of device.
    The ONLY reason theyre being compared is because each is the latest offering from their respective companies.
    I cant wait to get off of Blackberry. Pre ordered my Evo today.

The Evo blows any BBerry away in every single way.
    Blackberry is hurting in a VERY big way and unless/until BBerry decides to get with it and comes out with something mind blowing, theyre gonna fade away.
    Theyre market share is diminishing REAL fast.
    Cant tell you how much Im looking forward to browsing the web fast and for real,
    using the touch screen, watching and streaming HD video, using my phone as a hot spot, running full flash(Android 2.2).
    I wont miss the trackball that doesnt respond, not at all, or squinting to read broken web pages. And finally, a phone with Wifi.

I text alot, and as far as the on screen keyboard, I was a little concerned, but its so big and responsive, Im not worried, and have you seen the 'swype' application? Incredible.

Just my thoughts and opinion
    05-19-10 07:48 PM
    i plan to do the same thing to...ditch my bb 9630 for the htc evo. question to those who have pre-ordered at bestbuy.....how much is phone? how much deposit you have to give to pre-order? and can you charge the purchase to your sprint account? thanx.
    05-19-10 07:53 PM
    The Evo blows any BBerry away in every single way.
    Blackberry is hurting in a VERY big way and unless/until BBerry decides to get with it and comes out with something mind blowing, theyre gonna fade away.
    Theyre market share is diminishing REAL fast.
    I have no idea where you are getting your stats from... Marketshare is up from last year... So if by marketshare "diminishing REAL fast" you mean increasing, yeah you're correct.

People make the mistake of thinking tech enthusiasts = how marketshare is going and that any company only sells phones to these types of crowds.

Blackberry still boss in smartphone users - Washington Business Journal

Statements with actual support and data > random guesses at how people think things actually are...
    Last edited by papped; 05-19-10 at 07:56 PM.
    05-19-10 07:54 PM
    to say bb's marketshare is down...is an overstatement...companies will always prefer a blackberry device over any smartphone
    05-19-10 07:55 PM
    I was on the fence about this as I have not had good experiences with Android phones. But after watching a ton of EVO videos and looking at specs and that I am getting the EVO when it comes out! I am excited. I can't wait.
    05-19-10 10:38 PM
    O.K. The big difference between Blackberry and Andriod Phones is the Blackberry is BUSINESS-CLASS device and secure, the Andriods are OPEN SOURCE, not to secured, so Businesses will always use the Blackberry, cause it's a UNIFORM thing for businesses to use, but for personal use most people will go for an Andriod phone, but HTC is trying to get a LITTLE bite of the business-class market, but I don't think they will do it to at this time, Blackberry has their own OS and it is standard between all their phones, no NON-BLACKBERRY OS, blackberrys out there. HTC like Palm their phones have come out with Windows Mobile and their own OS, but now the Andriod market is taking off, and it's going for the iPhone Market, and it is working everyone has wanted the iPhone and the Andriod Phones now are starting to overtake the iPhone market. I see all these iPhones and their Apps and it's like those are all giving Apple income, the Andriods are open source and numerous free apps, plus the iPhone from what I can see, will NEVER come to Sprint of Verizon, people have talked it will, but I don't see it happening, AT&T has their hooks in that market, and Apple has in the whole time the iPhone has been out even TRIED or SHOW any interest in the CDMA market.
    05-20-10 03:58 AM
    In my opinion what is plaguing android is the disparity that occurs across all manufactures. The fact that there is no uniformity on software updates makes older devices obsolete. For example, I had a moto cliq that had on top of android a motorola custom firmware. The problem was that the overall android platform was 1.5 which was OLD by standards and lacked many features that 2.1 the current platform offered. And moto stated they planned on upgrading, but after 6 months cliq owners still had 1.5! Then there is the whole "with google" branding that allows for certain features to be and not to be available on that branded phone. They need to get that fix so that ALL phones have the current software..
    I like that Microsoft is not making win mobile 7 open they want to ensure uniformity.
    05-20-10 04:13 AM
    I like that Microsoft is not making win mobile 7 open they want to ensure uniformity.
    It may make it uniform, but it will also let the Manufatures put blame on Microsoft for certain issues and they CAN'T do anything about them, I had issues with my Palm TreoPro, but Palm couldn't do anything about them, they told me goto Microsoft to get a fix...
    05-20-10 04:32 AM
    It may make it uniform, but it will also let the Manufatures put blame on Microsoft for certain issues and they CAN'T do anything about them, I had issues with my Palm TreoPro, but Palm couldn't do anything about them, they told me goto Microsoft to get a fix...
    your right about BB's bieng business.. Android is going after the Iphone market and its doing good right now.. but just remember it won't be long till Android goes after the BB market and it will just like you said open sourced.. there will be and there is secure apps now being open sourced doesnt mean it isnt secured.. if anything "secured" phones are likely to be less because people want to break into them just cause purpose... BB will lose unless they change there game alot and 6.0 isnt it thats a 2 yr old looking os...
    05-20-10 07:26 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD