Hey everyone,
    before you criticize me for having this smartphone on a Pay-As-You-Go account I would like to say Im quite happy with it as I use my bold as a mp3 player, major texting and web-browsing.

I got this error once with rogers when browsing through my WAP browser....it doesn't show a webpage I would like to go to, however it shows a page by rogers sayingL " You have attempted to use the internet without a valid data plan. To continue you must:......"Data Day pass and stuff etc.

I am subscribed to the 7 dollar a month unlimited browsing, after a day with the error above, my internet did work and has worked for almost 3 weeks now. Until this morning I am getting the advertisement from rogers....LOL I need the internet back, I'm wondering what's causing the problem.
    Thanks
    12-01-09 12:54 PM
    I'm not sure, but didn't Rogers discontinue the $7/mo plans in favor of some $1-$3/day plans?
    12-01-09 01:52 PM
    Not that I know of, this is for pay-as-you-go, and when I did check online it does have a check under 7 $ unlimited browsing...and no we don't get the 1-3$ plan...however I am using a used Bold, it did have a previous owner would this have anything to do with it? and the IMEI?
    Thanks.
    12-01-09 04:21 PM
    Hey again, I just noticed that I do have service books, however everything under Host Routing Table ...it's empty, nothing is here.
    Although internet still worked with this empty before....
    Thanks
    Z
    12-01-09 08:15 PM
    Wondering the same thing.
    I can access the Rogers home page but nothing else.
    I guess it's time to go back to Fido.
    12-02-09 06:33 AM
    Wondering the same thing.
    I can access the Rogers home page but nothing else.
    I guess it's time to go back to Fido.
    Hey fan-boi, how long has this not worked for you? Have you tried taking it to Rogers, and are you running beta OS on your Bold?
    12-02-09 01:39 PM
    Just happened this morning.
    Running what the carrier has supplied.
    12-02-09 06:34 PM
    Just happened this morning.
    Running what the carrier has supplied.
    Ya me too, yesterday morning....I called in, looks like were doomed, Im going to have to get a expensive *** plan with someone else, like FIDO they have 50 dollar plan that includes unlimited text some minutes, and 500mb, and for 55 it can be 1GB. PLus there's no extra fees with Fido I think, Rogers offers about the same thing for 500mb, but theres only unlimited text to 5 numbers/call..
    Anywho,

I called and got forwarded trough like 3 departements lol. Long story short they've changed there policy, and "blackberries" aren't guaranteed to work under the 7$ dollar unlimited plan - which is soo stupid as i bought this phone just for this LOL, I was about to swear at the guy, man I was so mad.
    There ya go man
    Z
    12-02-09 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Back to Fido I go...
    12-02-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Back to Fido I go...
    Np Fan Boi,
    Does Fido offer prepaid with internet by any chance or do I have to head over to a actual plan?
    12-02-09 07:11 PM
    I was looking @ their plans & options & I found you can get data from month to month no contract.
    12-02-09 07:15 PM
    I was looking @ their plans & options & I found you can get data from month to month no contract.
    Does this mean no credit card needed? Cuz I'm just a student I have no card yet
    12-02-09 08:10 PM
    I haven't spoken to any1 @ Fido but I'm assuming no since there's no Contract.
    If 1 is needed I hear you can pay a $200 deposit.
    12-02-09 08:19 PM
    That's sick, do u have a link by any chance?
    12-03-09 12:44 PM
    Rogers is playing disgusting games with their loyal customers.
    12-03-09 09:55 PM
    **** yeah, and I've been with them for over a year....I'm highly disappointed.
    12-03-09 09:59 PM
    Whats new...
    They always "hack & slash" whatever they can get from their clients.

I have both month to month & pre-paid so it was just a matter of time.
    PP was around $40-$60 cheaper a month.

I had no other choice when it came to Data on GSM,thats why I left Fido.But now Fido has it again I'm heading back.

I just surfed on the fido site & found the month to month.
    12-04-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD