ok so i purchased an 8900 at my local at&t store, then went to radio shack and purchased a gophone. I activated the go phone thinking that I would be able to pop its sim card into the bb and b ready to go (w/out data of course). unfortunately no luck with that. i kept getting an sos where my bars should be. so i did some googling and thought that maybe my phone needed to be unlocked so i purchased an unlock code and unlocked the phone. now the phone jumps from between having bars and the sos mode when the gophone sim is in the phone but no calls go thru and any calls out fail. but the phone works fine with the at&t postpaid sim. is this possible to have a go phone sim in this bb do or has at&t put some type of block on their prepaid sim cards? please help! any insight would be appreciated. thank you
    11-12-09 10:24 AM
    wow i dont understand why I can't get a response. did i say something wrong? was I rude for not introducing myself? I am a longtime iPhone user trying to my the switch over to my 1st BB. PLEASE HELP. I may just end up returning this phone if I cant get it to work like i want. any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
    11-13-09 10:36 AM
    You need to take it to your local att store where you purchased and have them figure it out. It may just be that the prepaid sim is not provisioned correctly.
    11-13-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD