I will move to an EVO/Epic as soon as possible. I'm tired of RIM bringing out phones with 2 year old technology. The Storm and Tours should NEVER have been released, the S2 and 9650 are what should have been released in the first place.

I won't miss the clock on my screen as this underpowered CPU tries to load anything, the 9 minute plus boot time and the joke of an OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 09:05 PM
    I am going with the evo 4g as soon as I am eligable for upgrade. I was playing around with it in the store yesterday and am sure it is the shiznit. That thing supports flash online. It is really cool. The epic has a really nice camera with autofocus. The bold is nice, the internet is slow. I don't see any reason to stay in the present with the bold, when I can jump into the future with android.

09-05-10 09:46 PM
    I'm not a fanboy of any phone but I never see anyone say how the droids/evo or which ever one work as a phone. I see they do everything else great (according to what you all say) but I never see anyone say I never drop calls, it has crisp and clear sound quality on both ends, bluetooth works great and sounds great also plenty of volume to hear in a loud environment.
    the evo's sound quality is pretty good. clear, loud enough. bluetooth is the same. instantly connects to my headset when it turn it on, easy to switch between speaker and bluetooth and phone... ummm, yeah... works great as a phone. there's no hardware hang up button, thats about my only real complaint, and it'll just take a few more days to get used to.
    09-07-10 06:45 PM
    the evo's sound quality is pretty good. clear, loud enough. bluetooth is the same. instantly connects to my headset when it turn it on, easy to switch between speaker and bluetooth and phone... ummm, yeah... works great as a phone. there's no hardware hang up button, thats about my only real complaint, and it'll just take a few more days to get used to.
    Thanks for the reply, so how do you hang up?
    09-07-10 08:18 PM
    You click end call on the screen

09-07-10 11:06 PM

lol!! that's how that works!
    09-09-10 04:18 PM

Right but it's the motion of moving the phone down from your ear that re-activates the screen to allow you to click "end call".

That little feature drove me nuts at first when I was on speakphone going though a automated "press 5 to talk to a tech.." when the screen wouldn't respond!!!

Sorry EVO Hater Fan Club, the EVO is in fact a very good phone.
    09-09-10 04:36 PM
    ive had the EVO since launch. its a good phone. email sucks, battery is bad (yes i turn everything off and turn it on only when i need things like wifi and bluetooth) the fact is that the battery life is low. i have the screen on medium because i dont think i should have to struggle to read it in the sunlight. its heavy, its big. but the main things are the battery and email sucks on it and i miss a keyboard. im going back to blackberry. the only thing ill miss on the evo is the browsing. but yes evo lovers, its a good phone... on paper. otherwise its jjust in the same boat as the iphone for me. fun but when it comes down to it, it stuggles at the basics.
    09-09-10 11:56 PM
    ive had the EVO since launch. its a good phone. email sucks, battery is bad (yes i turn everything off and turn it on only when i need things like wifi and bluetooth) the fact is that the battery life is low. i have the screen on medium because i dont think i should have to struggle to read it in the sunlight. its heavy, its big. but the main things are the battery and email sucks on it and i miss a keyboard. im going back to blackberry. the only thing ill miss on the evo is the browsing. but yes evo lovers, its a good phone... on paper. otherwise its jjust in the same boat as the iphone for me. fun but when it comes down to it, it stuggles at the basics.
    Same here i had it for 3 days and returned it. Man I missed the BB! its alot easier to use lol!
    09-10-10 05:00 PM
    Same here i had it for 3 days and returned it. Man I missed the BB! its alot easier to use lol!
    So go take it back, then.
    09-10-10 05:19 PM
    So go take it back, then.
    I am tomorrow. Its a very nice phone but and not knocking it 1 bit. Just wasnt for me.
    09-10-10 07:39 PM
    Well lucky for me I have a wife that dont care for BB, and I cant imagine NOT using my BB. So I got her the EVO last night (it'll be here Tuesday), so I will get to tinker around with hers a bit, so I can form my own opinion. But Im sure I will remain a Blackberry faithful.
    09-18-10 12:19 PM
    its heavy, its big. but the main things are the battery and email sucks on it and i miss a keyboard.
    What don't you like about the email on the Evo? I might be weird but away from not having push I actually prefer the mail client on the Evo although ill have to say there are days were I miss my old blackberrys keyboard and not having to charge my battery 4 almost 2 days but away from those 2 things I don't miss it all.
    09-19-10 11:50 AM
    alright, so after using the evo for a few weeks, having it root'd, and installing everything i'll need for a while....this phone rocks. its capable of doing everything i want it to do, which is a definite change compared to my tour. i really have no complaints. the blackberry was good for text and email, but that's about it. the evo handles both fairly well though, so i'm not complaining. with the blackberry i was constantly annoyed at how long everything takes. booting up in 10 minutes, having to reboot after every app install, uninstallations taking forever, and also requiring a reboot.... the stupid little square thing spinning while i'm waiting for it to do something....how it would slow to a crawl while receiving text messages....the blackberry was just extremely slow and clunky. the evo is polished, fast, and everything works. i do photography and graphic design for a living, and this phone definitely makes my job easier. the blackberry on the other hand....not so much.
    09-25-10 06:25 PM
    EVO RULES THE CELLPHONE ARENA!!!
    I am 100% happy the EVO is super fast and does not give me any problems. No more battery pulls and only 1 min to power on. Extremely customizable. The EVO will be king of Sprint for a while I would say until EVO2 comes out next year. I highly recommend it. By the time you load a site on a blackberry the EVO built a site LOL.!
    09-26-10 07:01 PM
    I got the EVO and it rocks!!!
    Blackberry is myspace
    Android is facebook

EVO is an excellent productive phone!!!

I set up all my email addresses to sync to my gmail account they are being pushed "synced" to my phone instantly!!!
    wow I was right years later
    Android OS rules the mobile market and so does Facebook

Blackberry 10 is the last hope for Blackberry
    08-24-12 02:47 AM
    One of my other suggestions coming true the BlackBerry out out an android phone kind of late it will flop unless it has flagship and midgrade specs 2 phones not one
    10-22-15 04:36 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD