Does anyone know when VZW is going to upgrade their BIS? I am on 4.3 on my 8330 and I want my HTML email!

Is there a calendar or site somewhere that lists when the upgrades are going to happen?

Thanks,
    Rick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 11:39 AM
    probably will be around the same time they release 4.5 for the vzw devices
    07-01-08 12:01 PM
    Don't hold your breath with Verizon. We'll probably be the last to get upgraded. If you need html email right now, I'd recommend getting Empower Pro.
    07-01-08 12:02 PM
    I believe BIS for all carriers was upgraded by RIM last weekend. BIS 2.5 or not, the OS4.3 will NOT display HTML email. That will require your phone OS to be upgraded to 4.5. When that will be available for Verizon is anyody's guess.
    07-01-08 12:04 PM
    You need to upgrade to 4.5 to see the html email. The BIS 2.5 upgrade applies to all carriers...its done by RIM, not by the providers. You can either get your 4.5 now (unofficial) as many people have done or you can wait till the official version is out with Verizon. Might be a couple months still.
    07-01-08 12:05 PM
    Damn. I put 4.5 on my 8330 last week, played with it for 2 days and then downgraded back to 4.3. The lack os shift-based multiselect was KILLING me.

I'm pissed with Empower because BESMailbox doesn't work with 4.3 and empower doesn't even know if they can make it work. So now my BES mail is mixed in with my BIS mail. Driving me nuts.

Any ideas for BESMailbox behavior with 4.3?

Thanks all above for your very helpful and informative posts.

RMT

07-01-08 02:53 PM
    I have 4.5 on the 8830 - html email is working.

07-01-08 03:40 PM
    vzww updated bis. now just the os update has to come out. if you have an aim acct your emails come instantly . i get an email on comp. and 2 secs later it comes on my bb. if you remove all your emails on BlackBerry Internet Service and redo them if you have an aim email acct you get a cute little aim mail icon
    07-01-08 04:12 PM
    vzww updated bis. now just the os update has to come out. if you have an aim acct your emails come instantly . i get an email on comp. and 2 secs later it comes on my bb. if you remove all your emails on BlackBerry Internet Service and redo them if you have an aim email acct you get a cute little aim mail icon
    You should just be able to resend your service books and do the same thing... i resent my service books and it updated everything in them... be alot easier then removing them and adding them again...
    07-01-08 04:22 PM
    I also have 4.5 and Html email working.... but it gets images only have the time... not sure if this is due to beta or not....

sometimes it loads all the email and images. yet other times it does not. even when choosing get images, not all are downloaded.
    07-01-08 04:41 PM
    Newbie, sorry! But can someone tell me what AIM email is and what is so great about having html email. What does it do different that I guess normal email does, which is called what?
    07-02-08 09:59 PM
    the bis is already upgraded, the os needs to be 4.5
    07-02-08 10:42 PM
    Newbie, sorry! But can someone tell me what AIM email is and what is so great about having html email. What does it do different that I guess normal email does, which is called what?
    aim email is aim email. aol instant messenger is aim.
    i got my aim email cause its linked to my aim acct and its easer to check lol. i forget how i got it but i have had it for a long time. it was netscape email previouly to aim email.

and whats so great about having html email? well then you wolnt see all those command lines and prompts, you will see photos and whatever else the html codes mean.
    07-02-08 11:00 PM
    ..... The lack os shift-based multiselect was KILLING me....
    are you saying that the new OS will not allow shift based multiselect?? that would be a real bummer..
    07-03-08 11:59 AM
    are you saying that the new OS will not allow shift based multiselect?? that would be a real bummer..
    It's a beta OS. I doubt this limitation will exist in the GA release when Verizon makes it available in 2011.

07-03-08 02:35 PM
    I've got BESmailbox working just fine on my 8330 with 4.3..do you have the latest version?

Damn. I put 4.5 on my 8330 last week, played with it for 2 days and then downgraded back to 4.3. The lack os shift-based multiselect was KILLING me.

I'm pissed with Empower because BESMailbox doesn't work with 4.3 and empower doesn't even know if they can make it work. So now my BES mail is mixed in with my BIS mail. Driving me nuts.

Any ideas for BESMailbox behavior with 4.3?

Thanks all above for your very helpful and informative posts.

RMT

07-31-08 10:38 AM
    How can I tell if I have the latest version BB OS with Verizon? Also, I use a Mac, how can I upgrade my OS? I've heard that it's not possible unless I hook to a Windows computer.
    08-22-08 11:40 AM
    Options and about should show you the O/S version my V-Curve is 4.3.0.127

You need o/s 4.5 to get HTML email. The BIS software is now on 2.5, however until VZW is kind enough to release the 4.5 O/S we V people need to wait and wait...

I can't help with the PC over MAC install question
    08-22-08 12:52 PM
    How can I tell if I have the latest version BB OS with Verizon? Also, I use a Mac, how can I upgrade my OS? I've heard that it's not possible unless I hook to a Windows computer.

I'm a Mac user also and yes, you do need to hook up to a windows computer to download the OS. If you have boot camp and have windows installed (I use VM Fusion) you can run it through that.
    08-24-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD