I was on the phone with blackberry support they and he wanted to try something. He said BES is never down BIS issue. He switched me to BES to send my service books. It worked browser bbm mms all worked.

He then switched me back ti BIS and all is perfect VZW tech pulled through for once good job bro.
    02-20-10 08:37 PM
    BES can go down, too. And I don't recall having any problems with BIS being down earlier.

so before everybody starts calling in and demanding this to be done, howsabout you check for 3G/4dots. Then just pull your battery, and/or register your host routing table.

If the browser isn't working, go into your service books and delete "ippp for bibs" and "blackberry internet browsing service", then register your host routing.

if MMS isn't working, check your firewall in security settings and also verify that "enable wap push" is checked in the browser push menu under advanced options.
    02-21-10 12:38 AM
    BES can go down, too. And I don't recall having any problems with BIS being down earlier.

so before everybody starts calling in and demanding this to be done, howsabout you check for 3G/4dots. Then just pull your battery, and/or register your host routing table.

If the browser isn't working, go into your service books and delete "ippp for bibs" and "blackberry internet browsing service", then register your host routing.

if MMS isn't working, check your firewall in security settings and also verify that "enable wap push" is checked in the browser push menu under advanced options.
    I deleted "ippp for bibs" and "blackberry internet browsing service", then registered my host routing but the "blackberry internet browsing service" did not come back and now I can only use wi-fi. Was it supposed to come back after registering and a battery pull?
    02-21-10 06:44 AM
    I deleted "ippp for bibs" and "blackberry internet browsing service", then registered my host routing but the "blackberry internet browsing service" did not come back and now I can only use wi-fi. Was it supposed to come back after registering and a battery pull?
    Resend your service books. (Go to email setup > Login > BB Button > Service books > Send service books).
    02-21-10 06:59 AM
    I was on the phone with blackberry support they and he wanted to try something. He said BES is never down BIS issue. He switched me to BES to send my service books. It worked browser bbm mms all worked.

He then switched me back ti BIS and all is perfect VZW tech pulled through for once good job bro.
    This actually worked. Tried it through My Verizon Online. I'm almost tempted to stay on BES and not have to deal with so many outages.
    02-21-10 07:04 AM
    You can't just "switch to BES." BES requires your own server (or one at your place of business) and Microsoft Exchange. BES costs several thousand dollars not including the cost of Exchange, IT support or the server on which it resides.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 08:16 AM
    I believe that some more reading on BIS and BES may be in order for an understanding of the services provided. I'm not sure where you will be able to research BIBS(?).
    02-21-10 08:57 AM
    You can't just "switch to BES." BES requires your own server (or one at your place of business) and Microsoft Exchange. BES costs several thousand dollars not including the cost of Exchange, IT support or the server on which it resides.

Bes is 44.99 a month. Only real difference is its ran on a different BB server and you get 10 email accounts. You do not need your own server or anything else. Anyone can use bes I was on it for a year before I knew what it was. But that was when I had my 7600 series.

02-21-10 09:00 AM
    I believe that some more reading on BIS and BES may be in order for an understanding of the services provided. I'm not sure where you will be able to research BIBS(?).
    BIBS = blackberry internet browsing service. it's a service book, not a feature or setting.

Bes is 44.99 a month. Only real difference is its ran on a different BB server and you get 10 email accounts. You do not need your own server or anything else. Anyone can use bes I was on it for a year before I knew what it was. But that was when I had my 7600 series.

yeah, anybody can have the FEATURE, but that doesn't mean you're on a BES. You are right about the feature cost, but you're getting no different service if all you need is BIS. Also, even on BIS you can have 10 personal emails and 1 blackberry.net email.

read higher in the thread where info is laid out about a BES - it's a LOCALLY dedicated server, meaning that whoever buys it has access to it directly. The last I heard, the server was ~$30k. There's a service agreement between the server owner and RIM. And if you have a BES outage, calling [insert carrier] won't do squat. The most a carrier can support for BES is verifying the feature is on the account, that you're getting the proper signal, and that there isn't a RIM outage. They can't (or, actually, aren't supposed to) transfer a BES account issue to RIM because of the service agreement- the BES account has a certain amount of "lifelines" before they are charged for additional support.

please get your facts straight before posting. all you're doing is forcing people who actually know what they're talking about to come in here and clarify, so that other people who are less knowledgeable don't get confused and start doing things they don't need.
    Last edited by seVer916; 02-21-10 at 10:31 AM.
    02-21-10 10:27 AM

Sorry, but your facts are a bit off. If I get time to sit down at a computer today Ill dig up some references to point you in the right direction. It's more of a problem with the reps, they tell the consumer they should have the BES plan which increases your monthly bill and really offers no benefit to the average user.

02-21-10 12:52 PM
    Actually, the system usually provisions the BES plan automatically because BB's are still considered a business device. Its up to the rep to verify the intended usage and change it accordingly. Sadly, this happens less often than it should.

02-21-10 04:59 PM
    BIBS = blackberry internet browsing service. it's a service book, not a feature or setting.

yeah, anybody can have the FEATURE, but that doesn't mean you're on a BES. You are right about the feature cost, but you're getting no different service if all you need is BIS. Also, even on BIS you can have 10 personal emails and 1 blackberry.net email.

read higher in the thread where info is laid out about a BES - it's a LOCALLY dedicated server, meaning that whoever buys it has access to it directly. The last I heard, the server was ~$30k. There's a service agreement between the server owner and RIM. And if you have a BES outage, calling [insert carrier] won't do squat. The most a carrier can support for BES is verifying the feature is on the account, that you're getting the proper signal, and that there isn't a RIM outage. They can't (or, actually, aren't supposed to) transfer a BES account issue to RIM because of the service agreement- the BES account has a certain amount of "lifelines" before they are charged for additional support.

please get your facts straight before posting. all you're doing is forcing people who actually know what they're talking about to come in here and clarify, so that other people who are less knowledgeable don't get confused and start doing things they don't need.
    stop posting....read this post above...and move on.....
    02-22-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD