Been receiving emails very delayed. i will receive a group of emails on my BB at say, 2:15PM. when i open the email, the timestamps are all different.. for example, 159 PM, 2PM, 203PM, 211PM, etc...

i am used to getting my emails instantly, always before i receive them on outlook. now i am getting them in groups.

verizon is trying to tell me this is normal and that they can be delayed up to 15 minutes. this has only been happening the last 2 weeks.

ive deleted my email and re-setup, and deleted and resent service books.

any suggestions?
    10-08-09 01:07 PM
    Nothing you can do. This could be a problem with Verizon, BB or your email service provider. Sometimes messages are delayed getting to your email server. BB can only push whatever is in your email server.
    10-08-09 01:12 PM
    they were ALWAYS instant before.
    10-08-09 01:19 PM
    Things change. System upgrade. System maintenance. System overload. You have not done anything wrong in your setup and there is nothing you can do.
    10-08-09 01:21 PM
    never over 1 - 2 minutes delay.. three weeks ago, i could literally have a IM chat with someone over my BB email. that is how quick it was.

when you notice a difference in service, something isnt right.
    10-08-09 01:23 PM
    You can spend an hour to a week to isolate the problem with the system delay. What are you going to do then?
    10-08-09 01:31 PM
    Working fine for me in Florida.. No delay
    10-08-09 01:47 PM
    Working fine for me in Florida.. No delay
    That takes care of delay due to Verizon and BIS. Assuming your emails are from coming different senders (different SMTP servers) and then the next logical problem is your email service provider.

What can you do now?
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-08-09 at 02:16 PM.
    10-08-09 02:04 PM
    im not understanding why there is nothing to do or hwo the problem is with my provider.

i get emails in outlook on the PC, instantly. emails to my BB are delayed 5 - 30 minutes and show up in groups.

prior to two weeks ago, i got my emails on my BB at least 30 seconds before they showed up in outlook.

if the issue is with my provider, wouldnt outlook aslo be delayed?
    10-09-09 06:13 AM
    Well, now im having the same issue. its about a 5-10 minute delay on all my emails. SMS is also having some issues, sometimes they go through, somtimes they dont. And apparently sometimes my phone is sending 4 SMS at a time..
    10-09-09 10:52 AM
    I along with several of the guys I work with haven't gotten any emails since about 8:00am this morning. I have my Gmail set up on BIS, as do the others, and we aren't getting them. I can send and receive from Gmail on the computer fine. I got an email from the BIS saying I had messages but needed to update the password. Logged in and it's saying I'm entering the wrong password for my Gmail but I KNOW it's correct. I'm in Birmingham, Alabama.
    10-09-09 11:43 AM
    Go Gators.. lol I had to get that in there.
    10-20-09 05:49 PM
    I've encountered the same problem and thought maybe an update in OS would solve the problem. Nope. I believe this all started a couple of weeks ago when BIS was upgraded over the weekend. Has anyone heard or found a fix to this problem? I've tried resending service books and did not help. I could try removing the accounts and recreating them.
    10-21-09 10:15 AM
    In my case I do not receive e-mails at all for three days now.....(blackberry storm 9500-Vodafone Greece)
    10-22-09 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD