I bought unlocked 8320 for my wife and wanted to turn the BIS on. It looks that together with Project Dark they raised the prices. It's not $24.99 anymore...
    10-28-09 11:37 PM
    Unless you get an even more plus plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:11 AM
    That's brutal. Not very long ago it was $19.99. That's what I paid before I dropped it and then added it again.

10-29-09 04:03 AM
    I thought the plans have things backwards. To be in a contract, you get stuck with it. But if you go with no contract, its part of the plan. Makes no sense to me. And, the even more plus covers two phones, the even more you need to get $30 for each phone. Crazy is what that is.

10-29-09 05:50 AM
    So the "Even More Plus" has one BIS charge to used for 2 phones? I didnt see that on the T-Mo site
    10-29-09 09:04 AM
    Sorry guys, I wasn't clear. I was talking about addons to grandfathered plans. It was 24.99 for BIS on Saturday. As soon as PD become alive they raised prices on all data addons for old plans. Whatever you had before it's grandfathered. But if you want to add it now it's 30.00!!
    10-29-09 11:54 AM
    Wow... that sucks! I can't go down to a lower priced plan for voice either. Before Saturday, I had that option.
    10-29-09 01:48 PM
    That's still not a bad deal. Look at it this way, you could be paying over 30 if you were with a different carrier.

Just trying to be optimistic
    10-29-09 09:19 PM
    I have a family plan and to get the unlimited data with their "new" plans it would be 39.99 a month compared to the 19.99 I am paying now. WTF is right!! I would pay for the 9700 I want outright in a year if I went with this new plan. and for each additional line it is like $40/month. I went on tmo's website just a little bit ago and chose the plan similar to what I have now, added the two additional lines in addition to the two my husband and I have and the bill was over $225 a month?!?! I am paying $150 now.... no more upgrades for me, I will purchase all the phones myself.
    10-29-09 09:51 PM
    That's still not a bad deal. Look at it this way, you could be paying over 30 if you were with a different carrier.

Just trying to be optimistic
    I'm with Verizon and I pay $29.99.

Better get used to it. All carriers are moving towards requiring a data plan, and since Verizon and AT&T charge around the same you can expect the other carriers to bring their prices in line with everyone else.

With LTE (Verizon 4G) on the Horizon, the rumor is that data will eventually cost less. Rumors are of $10-$15 data plans.
    Last edited by cenloe; 10-29-09 at 11:04 PM.
    10-29-09 11:01 PM
    for verizon and att the price is $30/month. sprint no longer offers individual bb plans. their plans are integrated similar to what t-mobile is offering at the present. so no more savings if you subscribe to an individual bb plan with tmobile. the only positive is that tethering is included for free.
    10-30-09 12:04 AM
    Ok guys. I understand that att and verizon charge $30.00 for BIS since their coverage is pretty decent. I live in Chicago where it doesn't matter what carrier you have. Every of them have similar coverage. Even with t-mobile's hotspot@home. But sorry, if you go outside a major big city t-mobile only roams with att. I travel a lot to NYC and I get t-mobile coverage only in Indiana and part of Ohio. Pennsylvania is mostly att. The same in NJ and NY. Only close to NYC I got t-mobile bars. And now they want to say 'We are as good as att and verizon and we can charge you $30.00 for BIS??? I admit that verizon and att are much more expensive that t-mobile but they know what they charge customers for. Not to mention when I was in Montanta only friend of mine has coverage (guess: verizon!).
    Roundup: if you live in a big city a carrier you're with doesn't matter. But if you travel a lot or you live in a rest of America the only reasonable choice is verizon or att (or partners. I don't know anything about Sprint, but I guess they're much better that t-mobile is).

So now try to understand me guys. How can you pay $30.00 for BIS with their poor coverage when att and verizon charge the same.

I hope that people from t-mobile read this forum and can draw a conclusion how their customers are mad. Not to mention their customer service is getting worse and worse.

Come on t-mobile. Change yourself for the better or I'll change you.

Thank you for your attention
    Last edited by czaplin; 10-30-09 at 04:30 AM.
    10-30-09 04:27 AM
    Sorry guys, I wasn't clear. I was talking about addons to grandfathered plans. It was 24.99 for BIS on Saturday. As soon as PD become alive they raised prices on all data addons for old plans. Whatever you had before it's grandfathered. But if you want to add it now it's 30.00!!
    You are only required to pay the higher rate if you have the new plans. If you didn't switch your plan to one of the Even More/ Plus plans, you can still get the old rate of $24.99 added
    11-01-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD