Okay, so last week I had this bing app just show up on my BB menu and I have no idea how it got there! I went into my applications menu to try and find it and delete it but its not in there. Has anyone else had this app magically appear on your BB? I have an 8330 Curve on Verizon. I asked my friend if he had it and he said no. He has a Curve with ATT. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 12:15 PM
    Actually what you had was a launcher to download the app. So basically it's just an icon, not the app itself. And it was pushed there by Verizon as part of your updated service books.

Much like the Facebook such launchers for those downloads. Just drag it to a junk folder and hide it. If you delete it, the next time you update or pull the battery out, it's going to get pushed back to the phone.
    12-24-09 02:43 PM
    It's ironic that Bing is a search app, cuz a quick search would show the dozens of other threads about this:

http://crackberry.com/googlesearch?c...bing%20app#922
    12-24-09 02:46 PM
    It has been discussed alot, but verizon keeps pushing alot of useless crap to BB. I just throw it in a folder and hide it.
    12-24-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD