**UPDATE**

The focus of this thread was originally to ask a question about Canadian carriers in general; no particular provider had been selected when I started this thread.
    I later narrowed down my focus to Rogers, and changed directions slightly in asking questions about attaining a pre-paid SIM specifically from Rogers.
    I started a fresh thread in the specific Rogers section with my new focus but was directed to instead continue forward in this thread, hence the need to change this discussion's title and notify of this new direction.

So here is the currently relevant opening question, transferred from the now-locked Rogers-specific thread:

I'll be visiting Toronto mid May and would like to purchase a pre-paid SIM for my 4G LTE PlayBook.
    I'll just be in Toronto for a weekend and would love to only pay for those coupleof days if possible.
    I have my PlayBook on AT&T here at home in the US but am stuck without the possibility of downloading the recent software update because AT&T isn't pushing it, so that's where Rogers comes in.

I imagine purchasing the SIM won't be difficult but would love to hear from folks here if you have any tips for me.
    How does the purchase work? Do you pay according to how many megs you want to have available or is it per day?

For reference (if necessary) this is the old thread's focus.
    I'm traveling to Toronto in the middle of May to watch my New York Red Bulls play Toronto FC and I'd like to grab a prepaid SIM from one of the local carriers so I can grab the recent and final PlayBook software update.

At home I'm on AT&T with my 4G LTE PlayBook and they're not going to make the recent update available, so my Toronto visit will be my only chance to get it.

Can anyone in the Toronto area recommend one of the carriers?
    Also, I've never purchased a pre-paid SIM : anything I need to know in advance so I can be prepared once I arrive in Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MisterShark; 04-18-14 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Thread's focus has changed: it's narrowed to Rogers now
    04-16-14 04:52 PM
    Well my post won't help you at all I just wanted to say GO TFC!
    Defoe will score the game winner for us

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:22 PM