I just activated a mail2web trial for 60days free with BES access....on my tmobile plan i only had BIS. Will TMo charge me for this or is it included in the trial by mail2web??? I'm screwed if they charge me..
    12-15-09 04:52 PM
    I just activated a mail2web trial for 60days free with BES access....on my tmobile plan i only had BIS. Will TMo charge me for this or is it included in the trial by mail2web??? I'm screwed if they charge me..
    Mail2Web's subscription takes care of the actual "hook up" of your device to the BES and all of the OTA syncing.

T-Mobile's (or any carrier's) BES plan is the "pipe" that's necessary to send/receive data from Mail2Web (or any BES host).

You need both of these for BES connectivity. I have no idea if T-Mobile will automatically switch your plan and bill you accordingly, but most people fail the Enterprise Activation (the initial hook up) if they aren't on a BES plan with their carrier.

FYI, I called T-Mobile today to find out whether BES access was included on EM+ plans as part of "blackberry unlimited." After some research, the rep told me it was an additional $10/month.

Have you actually completed the Enterprise Activation on your device?
    12-16-09 12:13 AM
    thanks for the response! I don't have BES and I tried to enable it but it failed because I only have BIS with Tmo.. thank you for the info.
    12-16-09 03:42 PM
    I had my fingers crossed that the EM+ BlackBerry Unlimited plan included BES but too bad

I was hoping to re-connect with a hosted BES but the $10 extra T-Mobile charge + $15-$20 hosted BES monthly was an additional $25-30/month I can't swing right now.

I hope RIM comes out with a consumer-level BES option someday, or reduces the BES license costs. Hard to beat BES features with any of the current 3rd party options.
    12-16-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD