Is it true that, if you do not have a BES with your blackberry, you cant use Blackberry Browser? Only Internet Browser and Hotspot Browser...

I called VZ CS and they told me that in order to use Blackberry Browser i need to have a BES account. If not i am limited to using Internet/Hotspot Browser only...
    11-24-09 01:37 PM
    BS!!!!! I have BIS and i use the blackberry browser! They are just trying to rape you more than they already are! Go to the store and talk to someone...that is not true.
    11-24-09 01:43 PM
    i would call back and get the name of that rep asap.
    11-24-09 01:50 PM
    Right now i have internet browser and hotspot browser.

Under Browser configuration it says Blackberry.

Is this right?/
    11-28-09 12:54 PM
    Yes, and you do not BES for this. the BIS data plan works just fine. Did you have them change it? If not you are okay, if you did call back and have them change it.
    11-28-09 12:58 PM
    Yes, and you do not BES for this. the BIS data plan works just fine. Did you have them change it? If not you are okay, if you did call back and have them change it.
    Okay lets make this clearer.

If i go under options > advanced options > browser > default browser configuration ---- I have Internet Browser and Hotspot Browser. I have Internet Browser highlighted. I was under the impression that i should be able to select Blackberry browser under this configuration.

Then... while im using the browser to go on the internet. I would push Menu > Options > Browser Configuration

Browser : Internet Browser

Browser Identification : Blackberry

Do i have it set up right??
    11-28-09 01:13 PM
    Yep I do believe so, this is what I have as well.
    11-28-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD