Just got my bell 9530 unlocked yesterday (thanks cellunlock.net, service was awesome).
    i've been doing a bunch of reading on activating it on rogers. all the threads i've read mention that, yes, it's possible to activate on rogers form a hardware standpoint (i've got my rogers paygo SIM in there now) so that does work.

but there's no mention at all that i've found as to how willing rogers will be to activate a phone that i know they dont carry and has an IMEI that isn't theirs.

What lingo do i have to use when talking to them to increase my chances?

Should i tell them outright that this phone is unlocked and from another provider, or would that ruin my chances? (i know rogers reps can be pretty anal sometimes)

any general tips from people that have pulled it off?

TIA
    06-26-10 06:17 AM
    Or am i making this into more of an issue than it really is?
    06-27-10 06:50 AM
    You are making it an issue.
    Rogers doesn't care what phone you use.

Put the sim card and be done.

Search out how to get EDGE on the phone. Once you do, all the service books will load up.

I have both an S1 and S2 on Rogers.
    06-27-10 08:35 AM
    I have a customer that is a Rogers Rep at one of their centers, and he assured me that they will indeed fully support the Storm (unlocked) on their network. They will even offer trouble-shooting if you run into problems, without any headaches.
    07-09-10 09:22 PM
    As long as your paying Rogers the money, they dont care what device you used. Ive also spoke to blackberry tech support reps who have also assured me that the storm will work fine on the network.
    07-13-10 11:02 PM
    Is there a way to upload the rogers firmware to get 3G service from a Verizon S2?
    08-03-10 12:22 PM
    Is there a way to upload the rogers firmware to get 3G service from a Verizon S2?
    nope none of the storm carry the right radio frequency to access rogers 3G band
    08-04-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD