Hey every one, I'm thinking about applying for an in-store rep position at my towns Bell store, and wondering what kind of education they're looking for -I will be graduating from high school early and looking for full-time employment and I have a thing for cell phones! Any insight is appreciated, cheers.
    01-07-10 04:39 PM
    Try applying at The Source instead.. they are selling bell and virgin phones now, and always looking for good people, passionate about cell phones to step up. No education required, just a good work ethic and a passion for the job.
    01-13-10 10:40 PM
    From talking to a few, the only requirement is a pulse it would seem, LOL
    01-14-10 11:17 AM
    Haha, that would be true for the one I have to deal with!
    01-14-10 02:12 PM
    I wanna work for bell!!!!
    01-16-10 05:21 PM
    Bell is a great carrier to work for. I personally work for WIRELESS etc... and have been selling bell, Rogers, and their sub companies for over two years. When comparing what the provider does for you (ie insentives, promos, training) Bell does alot more!

As for what you need for the job, first off a great knowledge of cellular phones is great. Secondly, make sure you know the pros and cons of all the different handsets, as everyone has their own taste (ie someone wants iPhone, you'll need to know it's pros and cons even tho we all know Blackberry is best ^_~)

Possibly the most important is professionalism. You'll want to show that you mean business. That you will strive to meet goals.

Just keep in mind that a lot of what us sales reps learn are after we get the job. Depending on where you go there will be tons of training to assist you. Because one of the last things you want to do is miss inform about a feature of a phone, or plan, or policy.

If you need any more advice feel free to throw a reply up or PIN me.
    01-17-10 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD