What is Bell's hardware upgrade policy? I've tried to find it on their site, but they don't make it very easy at all. Does anybody have experience with them?
    09-03-09 09:09 PM
    im a bell rep what do you need to know exactly?

are hug policy is now since aug 1/09 after update.. 200 dollar credit around 3-6 months before your 3 year contract is done. the 200 dollar credit basically is used off the base price of the phone plus extra is then taken off to get the lowest price. (the 3yr pricing be it 29.95, 49.95 etc.)
    that is resigning another 3 year contract and the only other fee is a 35 dollar hug/programming fee on the first months bill..

let me know if you need anything else.
    09-04-09 12:05 AM
    OK, so is there anything around the 1 or 1.5 year point, or is it just near the end of the contract? I've signed a 3 year contract, but I'm looking at upgrading sometime in the next year. Nothing too urgent.

If it helps any, I also pay my $7/month SPC Premium. Does that mean I can upgrade through that, or would my replacement phone be restricted to the one I have now?

Thanks for your help!
    09-04-09 12:36 AM
    Hi, I am a Bell rep as well.

Your phone would be restricted to the phone you currently own as the SPC only covers a replacement of the same model. However it depends, you may have some sort of Hardware Loyalty credit on your aacount depending on your monthly spending through Bell. Usually every customer sees at least a $50 credit by 1.75-2 years through the contract.

However, its usually not worth upgrdaing as you're not getting much for resigning another 3 year term. Usually go into the store and see what the reps can figure out for you.
    09-04-09 12:43 AM
    Yeah, $50 isn't really worth it. Worse comes to worse, I've got a few other options. Back when I used to spend $100 on a phone, upgrading mid-contract was not a problem. Now that I'm burning through $600 Blackberries, I'd like to see what else I can do! :P
    09-04-09 12:50 AM
    Hi, I am a Bell rep as well.

Your phone would be restricted to the phone you currently own as the SPC only covers a replacement of the same model. However it depends, you may have some sort of Hardware Loyalty credit on your aacount depending on your monthly spending through Bell. Usually every customer sees at least a $50 credit by 1.75-2 years through the contract.

However, its usually not worth upgrdaing as you're not getting much for resigning another 3 year term. Usually go into the store and see what the reps can figure out for you.
    This is incorrect... Bell changed the upgrade policy aug 1 read the echo .. There's no more 50 dollar credit.. Maybe just maybe if its an old account at 1.5 you may have 100 because they were giving some people who had 200 or 250 a break and allowing half the credit at the half way mark..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:03 AM
    This is incorrect... Bell changed the upgrade policy aug 1 read the echo .. There's no more 50 dollar credit.. Maybe just maybe if its an old account at 1.5 you may have 100 because they were giving some people who had 200 or 250 a break and allowing half the credit at the half way mark..

so they are doing this in the halfway mark now and they are giving more for the upgrade
    09-09-09 01:31 PM
    so they are doing this in the halfway mark now and they are giving more for the upgrade
    basically yes, while 200 is less then 250, the 200 gets you new customer pricing which is better then have the 250 credit taken off the price of the phone as you can get an additional rebate of 79.95 of the phone which is additional savings of 29.95
    09-12-09 06:13 PM
    basically yes, while 200 is less then 250, the 200 gets you new customer pricing which is better then have the 250 credit taken off the price of the phone as you can get an additional rebate of 79.95 of the phone which is additional savings of 29.95
    I kind of get it

09-12-09 06:18 PM
    I kind of get it

hard to explain over the internet i must say. you drop into a store they can explain it. It works out to be the better deal either way, except the fact when they did the update on aug 1 they didnt tell anyone even reps there were going to change how it works. We had a lot of customers complain there credit got changed or taken away but i could see were they were coming from
    09-12-09 06:49 PM
    So if I have a $200 upgrade available on my account does that mean I could get a new Tour for the same price as a new customer who signs a 3 year contract $249?

09-12-09 07:20 PM
    So if I have a $200 upgrade available on my account does that mean I could get a new Tour for the same price as a new customer who signs a 3 year contract $249?

exactly well price of the tour is now 299 went up on friday.. and the only other fee is 35 Hug/Programming fee on your first month bill.
    09-13-09 06:16 PM
    Bell blows my mind. Most places are dropping the price but leave it up to them to be money hungry.

Thanks for the info Coruptyed.

09-13-09 06:20 PM
    Bell blows my mind. Most places are dropping the price but leave it up to them to be money hungry.

Thanks for the info Coruptyed.

im not sure what there doing but hopefully they get benificial soon or were going to have a lot of angry customers... bell.ca has the updated prices of the phones youll be surprised at the bb's
    09-13-09 06:47 PM
    Wait until new companies start competing in Canada, that will drive prices all the way down.
    09-15-09 11:39 PM
    Wait until new companies start competing in Canada, that will drive prices all the way down.
    o ya it will plus bell and telus plan to merge when that happens
    09-16-09 05:46 PM
    Ok so let me get this straight. If you have been with Bell for 3 years and are eligible for the upgrade of $200 dollars, you can pick any phone. Now regardless of the phone price be it $600 or $200 without contract, you will get the phone for the same price as the 3yr contract price? My dad is looking at getting the Palm Pre. I'm sure retail is probably at least $500, but since a 3 yr plan is only $199 he can get it for that?
    09-27-09 03:03 AM
    Ok so let me get this straight. If you have been with Bell for 3 years and are eligible for the upgrade of $200 dollars, you can pick any phone. Now regardless of the phone price be it $600 or $200 without contract, you will get the phone for the same price as the 3yr contract price? My dad is looking at getting the Palm Pre. I'm sure retail is probably at least $500, but since a 3 yr plan is only $199 he can get it for that?
    that is correct he would get it for that price, he would also have to have a minimum of 45 dollar plan with data as well (to get the 199.95 3yr promotion price )

the only other fee as well would be a 35 dollar fee on his first month bill 15 of it is programming and 20 is for connecting the phone to the network.
    09-27-09 12:09 PM
    What happens is he has a $45 dollar plan but no data plan. I'm assuming he would pay full price minus $200? Unfortunatly he is resistant to get a data plan.
    09-28-09 03:57 PM
    What happens is he has a $45 dollar plan but no data plan. I'm assuming he would pay full price minus $200? Unfortunatly he is resistant to get a data plan.
    The Palm Pre is a web based device. I requires a data plan to work. Without a data plan you can't even make phone calls with it. If he doesn't want a data plan I think he should look at a different phone.
    09-29-09 09:29 AM
    The Palm Pre is a web based device. I requires a data plan to work. Without a data plan you can't even make phone calls with it. If he doesn't want a data plan I think he should look at a different phone.
    WHAT!?! Please Learn facts before saying that.. No that is wrong palm pre can make calls without data I have no idea where you got your info..
    Second to poster above this one correct he would get 200 off and pay for the rest

09-29-09 12:43 PM
    WHAT!?! Please Learn facts before saying that.. No that is wrong palm pre can make calls without data I have no idea where you got your info..
    Second to poster above this one correct he would get 200 off and pay for the rest

Just dont reboot the phone

I know when Bell had the data outage a few weeks ago, some pre owners who rebooted could not even use their phones because the uses data to activate itself after a hard reset. Im not sure how that would work without a data plan. Im sure there may be a way.

But really it makes no sense to have a pre without data
    09-30-09 01:36 PM
    Well tomorrow guys ill post up the changes to the upgrade policy I think bell is finally going smart with this one ill let you know tomorrow once it takes effect

With the pre it works regardless of data but ya you would want data awesome phone not too have it

09-30-09 02:15 PM
    That sounds great Coruptyed
    09-30-09 07:14 PM
    sorry for the delay got real busy working and stuff, now for the update what is going on now is all the fees that were once charged on your bill our now charged instore it does make it more convenient though i must say. so the 35 he would pay is right in store when he pays for the rest of the phone
    10-03-09 06:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD