Like the title says, believe it or not I just had a GREAT experience at Verizon Wireless with respect to purchasing a BlackBerry Z10. I have a Q10, but the full retail price of the Z10 has dropped to $299 so figured why not just snatch one up. I went in and talked to the representative and he made no attempt to talk me out of BlackBerry, which did happen when I bought my Q10. He told me he actually really like his Z10 when he had it as his work phone and that he's looking forward to the Z30. I asked what he carries now and he said a WP for work and SG4 for personal, but said he would recommend BlackBerry based on the needs of the customer. After a bit of banter he agreed that the Z10 could actually meet any customers needs unless they were insistent upon the iPhone because of cloud utilization with other family members or devices in the house. Was nice to actually hear someone at the store actually say something nice about BlackBerry...
    10-13-13 10:53 AM
    That is good to hear. What city are you in?
    10-13-13 11:12 AM
    You should have bought that dude lunch! :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:20 AM
    Is the $299 price for an outright purchase? Could I simply pick one up for that price,or would it include a contract of some sort?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:10 PM
    I believe that's full retail. If you want one in contract, there's a couple places you can go where you get a $50 credit/giftcard to where you walk out with a new phone and $50 dollars richer.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:12 PM
    I'm a T-Mobile customer but upon visiting Verizon for a case for my Q back in July (of which they hadn't started carrying it yet) all of the reps wanted to touch and hold my Q. Of the 4 employees 2 of them planned on purchasing it when they had it available. Strangely Verizon is the only carrier I've heard good things regarding Berry.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:16 PM
    That is good to hear. What city are you in?
    North Wales, PA...just outside Philadelphia

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:44 PM
    That's cool. Unfortunately over here in the Pacific Northwest, Verizon doesn't even have Blackberries on the floor. They were shocked when I brought my Q10 in to activate. I got all the typical, "why not android?" questions, and Keyboard was my answer :P Plus the fact that I came from Palm (Yes, the only reason why I have a BlackBerry now is because my trusty Pre2 kicked the bucket) and BlackBerry has some of the best multitasking abilities on the market. And since I'm a power user once I get thoroughly acquainted with my device, I needed something that will last all day and keep up with me, as well as have a full keyboard. Gotta have that clickity :P Virtuals just don't cut it for me. I can't type nearly fast enough in a virtual to be satiated. So, you guys now have a loyal (Palm and) BlackBerry fan on your hands.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:01 AM
    Is the $299 price for an outright purchase? Could I simply pick one up for that price,or would it include a contract of some sort?

Posted via CB10
    On Verizon that must be full retail. On contract The Z10 is free.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:05 AM
    On Verizon that must be full retail. On contract The Z10 is free.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, $299 is full retail price off contract. The Z10 is free with a 2 year contract if you're eligible.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-14-13 01:25 AM
    ... , I needed something that will last all day and keep up with me, as well as have a full keyboard. Gotta have that clickity :P Virtuals just don't cut it for me. I can't type nearly fast enough in a virtual to be satiated. So, you guys now have a loyal (Palm and) BlackBerry fan on your hands.
    Hey hey hey, that name is trademarked :-). Just kidding; enjoy your Q10 !!

BBQ10
    10-14-13 01:31 AM
    Now that the prices are lower, BlackBerry should advertise again...
    10-14-13 02:04 AM
    That's cool. Unfortunately over here in the Pacific Northwest, Verizon doesn't even have Blackberries on the floor. They were shocked when I brought my Q10 in to activate. I got all the typical, "why not android?" questions, and Keyboard was my answer :P Plus the fact that I came from Palm (Yes, the only reason why I have a BlackBerry now is because my trusty Pre2 kicked the bucket) and BlackBerry has some of the best multitasking abilities on the market. And since I'm a power user once I get thoroughly acquainted with my device, I needed something that will last all day and keep up with me, as well as have a full keyboard. Gotta have that clickity :P Virtuals just don't cut it for me. I can't type nearly fast enough in a virtual to be satiated. So, you guys now have a loyal (Palm and) BlackBerry fan on your hands.

Posted via CB10
    Gotta be honest, I type much faster on the Z10...seriously. Make a few mistakes but the predictive text and swiping is super fast

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-14-13 11:00 AM