Sprint announced the sale of nearly all its cellular towers to TowerCo for $670 million in cash. The deal includes approximately 3,300 CDMA and iDEN network towers. TowerCo will take over the running and maintenance of the towers, and Sprint will lease the use of the towers from TowerCo so it may continue to run its network. The sale frees up Sprint personnel from managing the towers, and gives Sprint a large amount of cash, both of which will help it focus on its core business of providing communications services.
    07-24-08 07:19 PM
    They have been hurting bad for awhile. We'll see what happens...
    07-24-08 07:21 PM
    Sprint announced the sale of nearly all its cellular towers to TowerCo for $670 million in cash. The deal includes approximately 3,300 CDMA and iDEN network towers. TowerCo will take over the running and maintenance of the towers, and Sprint will lease the use of the towers from TowerCo so it may continue to run its network. The sale frees up Sprint personnel from managing the towers, and gives Sprint a large amount of cash, both of which will help it focus on its core business of providing communications services.
    Why is that the beginning of the end and not a sound financial/business decision? The new CEO is far from dumb and doesn't do things on a whim.
    07-24-08 07:22 PM
    Good luck to all Sprint users!
    07-24-08 07:25 PM
    I agree, perhaps Sprint is getting the hint. A division of Labor might just be the ticket to turning Sprint around and starting to compete with the other companies. Then they can start fixing the things that need to be fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 07:27 PM
    Lastraid - I started a thread on this earlier today.

"Sprint to Sell Towers"

Last edited by 49ways; 07-24-08 at 07:38 PM.
    07-24-08 07:33 PM
    Lastraid - I started a thread on this early this morning.

"Sprint to Sell Towers"

I humbly apologize. I scrolled though, but guessed I missed it.
    07-24-08 07:38 PM
    Maybe one of the mods or Kevin can merge the threads since they are the same.
    07-24-08 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD