If this is a repeat thread...I apologize, but has anybody but me having serious issues with BBM 5.0 lately? I have had none of my BBM messages delivered, and haven't heard from anybody in the last two days! Is RIM having a data outage or is there a problem with BBM?
    12-06-09 09:51 AM
    I upgraded to the 5.0 last week. Apparently there are issues with it. Mine locks up all the time while in BBM and won't let me go back, go to the menu or type. I have to go back to the main screen and the rest of my phone works fine. I have to take my battery out, and do a hard reset for it to work again. Sometimes it works for days, sometimes hours. Very intermittent and it is driving me crazy!!!! I imagine it is the same problem that you have....trying to find out how to downgrade, but no luck thus far!
    12-06-09 11:13 AM
    BBM 5 definitely does have bugs that they didn't iron out prior to release, but mine has been delivering messages fine. If your words disappear while typing just back out of the conversation, delete it, and start fresh with a new one. That's always fixed the problem for me and I've never had to do a battery pull to get it to work again. As for downgrading, just erase BBM from your phone and readd it via desktop manager. That will give you the old version again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 11:56 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull or registering your device on the Host Routing Table again?

there is hang ups between device and server at times, you may be experiencing that.
    12-06-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the help guys!
    12-06-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD