Think I might have made a mistake... Ordered a sealed Verizon Bold 9930 for cheap. I'm currently on Verizon's $45 prepaid talk,text and data. Will the Bold work on this plan? Data and all? I've read yes, I've read no etc.. Thanks in advance!
    01-04-16 09:39 AM
    Think I might have made a mistake... Ordered a sealed Verizon Bold 9930 for cheap. I'm currently on Verizon's $45 prepaid talk,text and data. Will the Bold work on this plan? Data and all? I've read yes, I've read no etc.. Thanks in advance!
    Verizon's prepaid plan that includes data does not included BIS which is required for legacy BlackBerry devices to function fully.
    While you will get a lot of stuff to work, you wont get BBM, BlackBerry Browser, BlackBerry Email, or any other function that requires BlackBerry Services.
    See this guide to further info on getting around BIS/BES requirements on a regular data plan:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/

That said, if you can cancel your 9930 order, go for a Verizon Z30 for touch screen or a Verizon BlackBerry Classic for a keyboard type as BB10 devices do not require BIS/BES and will work with any data plan or WiFi.

EDIT: More info found saying it does included BIS.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 01-04-16 at 11:37 AM.
    01-04-16 09:50 AM
    Called up Verizon support and waited on hold forever... Finally got ahold of someone that assured me it will work on my plan and all features would be good. No extra $ or services needed. Really hope that's the case.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-04-16 10:59 AM
    Called up Verizon support and waited on hold forever... Finally got ahold of someone that assured me it will work on my plan and all features would be good. No extra $ or services needed. Really hope that's the case.
    I did some more digging and it does look to be the case; Verizon Pre-Paid does included BIS for BlackBerry legacy devices when required.
    Let us know the results
    01-04-16 11:37 AM
    Not to worry ryankul, the Verizon tribe speak with unforked tongue. Up until a month or two ago I had the VZN $45 plan and yes, BIS was free and it worked as smooth as oiled glass.

Fyi, there's a promo at WalMart until the 17th this month for double data on the $45 plan so with autopay that's three gigs. Search it out because there's some interesting history and anecdotes out there. Some say all they had to do was call VZN and say they wanted it and Presto Chango, just like that it was so.

Good luck
    dgmock likes this.
    01-09-16 03:55 AM