12-12-09 11:18 PM
61 123
tools
    I also went to hero then back to blackberry. I don't understand how anyone is getting anything more then 12 hours out of their battery. They whole thing was crap for me. So far I'm on my first tour and its works perfect. I went through 5 heros mind you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 12:07 PM
    I also went to hero then back to blackberry. I don't understand how anyone is getting anything more then 12 hours out of their battery. They whole thing was crap for me. So far I'm on my first tour and its works perfect. I went through 5 heros mind you.

Sounds like we're on the opposite side of the spectrum here. I'm on Tour number 5 and for the life of me don't understand why I keep getting these crappy phones. I don't know any other phone that would be better to get right now etc. the HTC stuff. I mean..should I just think about going to another company? Sprint is starting to work my nerves.
    12-04-09 12:59 PM
    If you like your Tour minus the problems you've had with it, then I honestly think your best bet might be to just stick it out with the Tour and wait for the Essex (Tour 2). The wait isn't going to be much longer. Don't believe the stuff about about next summer, it will come out before then. If you look at the problems with your Tours, they should all be fixed with the Tour 2. Trackpad instead of trackball, the screen ripple stuff should be long gone, and the phone will launch with 5.0 software which should fix all of your software problems.

Like you, I'm a heavy texter and emailer, and I didn't like the Hero. Even if you get use to the onscreen keyboard, it's still slower to compose and send texts. The Hero is a nice phone, but it's just not a BB replacement for me.

12-04-09 04:52 PM
    Went through 5 garbage Tours before upgrading back to my trusty 8830.
    12-04-09 05:28 PM
    I basically got the hero due Sprint not having any other phone that I'm willing to use though the pre is nice minus the memory being locked @ 8gb. I don't see the need to purchase the updated phone for the fixes that should have never made it past qc. It would basically be the same as s1 to s2.

12-04-09 06:06 PM
    Whether the Tour should have made it through QC or not really isn't the issue. If the Tour 2 fixes all of his issues and he likes Blackberries, then that's that. People had problems with the S1, so RIM tried to fix those problems on the S2. Now people are having problems with the Tour, so RIM is working on fixing those problems on the Tour 2. If Sprint is offering him a different phone now, then as long as he keeps getting bad Tours I don't see why they wouldn't offer him the Tour 2 when it comes out.

If he's just done with Blackberry all together, then yeah, I'd get the Hero. I also had the Pre for a while and the Hero was a much better phone than Pre.
    12-04-09 06:40 PM
    im on my 1st i got it on july 29th
    12-04-09 06:59 PM
    I basically got the hero due Sprint not having any other phone that I'm willing to use though the pre is nice minus the memory being locked @ 8gb. I don't see the need to purchase the updated phone for the fixes that should have never made it past qc. It would basically be the same as s1 to s2.

Okay so Sprint's customer service pissed me off earlier and I just completely left. Went to AT&T and got the iPhone 3Gs. Playing with it now and I'm not sure but we'll see.

Update....NOT impressed with the iPhone 3Gs. Can't do anything without going through iTunes. Did a quick switch back to Sprint since the iPhone was the only phone I was interested in.
    Last edited by soulfulzeta; 12-05-09 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Update.
    12-04-09 11:20 PM
    On my first Tour and knocks on wood, zero problems. Awesome device!
    12-04-09 11:30 PM
    im still on my first *shrug*
    12-04-09 11:37 PM
    no problems with my tour since day 1
    12-05-09 01:59 AM
    Well that's nice you all have no problems. I'm sure the rest of us who hate the phone had the same experience.
    12-05-09 12:58 PM
    Well that's nice you all have no problems. I'm sure the rest of us who hate the phone had the same experience.
    It's actually funny how many people with "perfect Tours" come back later complaining about problems. The return rate on those things is through the roof.
    12-05-09 12:59 PM
    Whether the Tour should have made it through QC or not really isn't the issue. If the Tour 2 fixes all of his issues and he likes Blackberries, then that's that. People had problems with the S1, so RIM tried to fix those problems on the S2. Now people are having problems with the Tour, so RIM is working on fixing those problems on the Tour 2. If Sprint is offering him a different phone now, then as long as he keeps getting bad Tours I don't see why they wouldn't offer him the Tour 2 when it comes out.

If he's just done with Blackberry all together, then yeah, I'd get the Hero. I also had the Pre for a while and the Hero was a much better phone than Pre.
    Thanks for the imput. I think that's the phone I'm going to switch to for sure. I'm doing another wipe of the phone and if it doesn't correct the issue (which is probably won't), I'll just go to the Hero. BTW. This 5th replacement....I just noticed ANOTHER issues. I can receive emails, but when I go to reply, it does not have a send button so yeah...I can't send emails or reply to ones coming in. SMH.
    12-05-09 01:01 PM
    It's actually funny how many people with "perfect Tours" come back later complaining about problems. The return rate on those things is through the roof.
    I know...the sales rep told me that Sprint is losing a lot of money because people are returning them left and right.
    12-05-09 01:18 PM
    I think the high return rate is due mostly to the new trackball design. If RIM had made the trackball on the Tour easier to replace, then the carriers would just be replacing the ball instead of having to exchange the entire device. Issues such as screen ripple have not be nearly as prevalent, and glitches in software wouldn't be cause for an exchange. RIM just really botched the Tour's trackball.
    12-05-09 01:27 PM
    I think the high return rate is due mostly to the new trackball design. If RIM had made the trackball on the Tour easier to replace, then the carriers would just be replacing the ball instead of having to exchange the entire device. Issues such as screen ripple have not be nearly as prevalent, and glitches in software wouldn't be cause for an exchange. RIM just really botched the Tour's trackball.
    The sad fact is that Sprint WAS replacing only trackballs and giving customers the vastly superior Curve trackball before RIM put a stop to it. RIM wants every Tour to be returned as defective and not simply fixed. Sprint is forced to play along and it's costing them.
    12-05-09 02:20 PM
    Let me just say I am HIGHLY disgusted at this model phone. Received BB Tour #5 yesterday and problems, problems.

I haven't had any trackball issues since early Oct. however what I HAVE had problems with is...

1. Freezing constantly! Whether it's the browser, address book..whatever...it freezes.
    2. Ringers not working properly after default ring has been set.
    3. Alerts (e.g. BB messenger, yahoo, facebook) still alerting you when it's set to silent.
    4. Rippled screen

How many is it going to take people?
    Have you tried to New OS 5.0 hybrid??? I was on the same boat as you complaining and wondering what's going on with my bb tour because everyone else was saying how good it was! I started a tour group and everyone helped me even verizon users help me install the Hybrid you should add me on bb messenger and i will invite you to the group so you can get help with your phone. My tour now runs 100x faster than otb and since i havent experienced freezing yet since i upgraded! My BBM number is up top under my user name add me and we will get you helped out!
    12-06-09 07:52 PM
    I'm on my third.

My 1st I received with the first batch they sent out when it was released. It had the dreaded trackball issue. So I requested a replacement.

My 2nd tour had a sticking/clicking BB button. I had it for less than two weeks and took it back for a replacement.

My 3rd, and current model, is good so far. Its been a few months since I got this one.
    12-07-09 07:12 AM
    let me just say i am highly disgusted at this model phone. Received bb tour #5 yesterday and problems, problems.

I haven't had any trackball issues since early oct. However what i have had problems with is...

1. Freezing constantly! Whether it's the browser, address book..whatever...it freezes.
    2. Ringers not working properly after default ring has been set.
    3. Alerts (e.g. Bb messenger, yahoo, facebook) still alerting you when it's set to silent.
    4. Rippled screen

how many is it going to take people?

the clinical definition of insanity: Performing the same task in the same way over and over expecting different results.

Im on my #1 tour, absolutly zero issues, maybe its operator error.
    12-07-09 09:41 AM
    This is my first BB and ive had it for 2 months! no problem at all. At first it got a lil laggy, but i put the 5.0 Hybrid and its flawless. I have had nothing but touch phones the last 4 years and i wouldn't got back..
    12-07-09 12:09 PM
    Have you tried to New OS 5.0 hybrid??? I was on the same boat as you complaining and wondering what's going on with my bb tour because everyone else was saying how good it was! I started a tour group and everyone helped me even verizon users help me install the Hybrid you should add me on bb messenger and i will invite you to the group so you can get help with your phone. My tour now runs 100x faster than otb and since i havent experienced freezing yet since i upgraded! My BBM number is up top under my user name add me and we will get you helped out!
    Thanks for your input. I am have since switched to the HTC Hero but having a bit of a problem with that. If sprint can't fix the problem with the Hero I will see about getting another Tour (I can't believe I've even saying that) so we will see.
    12-09-09 01:36 PM
    the clinical definition of insanity: Performing the same task in the same way over and over expecting different results.

Im on my #1 tour, absolutly zero issues, maybe its operator error.
    Okay let me not assume. Are you calling me insane dear? I am very capable of understanding how to work a phone. It is not an operator error! It's a phone error! Especially if technical support cannot fix or understand how to fix the problem along with inform the user of what he or SHE is doing wrong! I suggest you keep the ignorant comments to yourself.

FYI. It's ABSOLUTELY not absolutly. Also...your interpretation of the clinical definition "insanity" is also incorrect. I think I would know since that is the field I work in and study!

You might try correcting your grammar before you take a shot of insulting someone's intelligence! I'm working on my PhD in with a 4.0 GPA sir/ma'am so there's nothing stupid or "insane" about me!
    Last edited by soulfulzeta; 12-09-09 at 02:02 PM.
    12-09-09 01:40 PM
    You all are lucky. I WISH I had the same experience. The BB Curve worked just fine for me. I just had to upgrade. Now I wish I hadn't.
    Amen, Soror!! I too wish I had never upgraded. I'm on Tour #2. I have alot of little annoying issues w/Tour that I never had w/the Curve, it worked perfectly otb and never had any problems. I just wanted the latest and it hasn't worked out well for me. I'm seriously thinking of going back to the Curve at upgrade time.
    12-09-09 04:15 PM
    First Tour "0" issues...sorry for your luck!

3months
    12-09-09 04:34 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD