Let me just say I am HIGHLY disgusted at this model phone. Received BB Tour #5 yesterday and problems, problems.

I haven't had any trackball issues since early Oct. however what I HAVE had problems with is...

1. Freezing constantly! Whether it's the browser, address book..whatever...it freezes.
    2. Ringers not working properly after default ring has been set.
    3. Alerts (e.g. BB messenger, yahoo, facebook) still alerting you when it's set to silent.
    4. Rippled screen

How many is it going to take people?
    12-02-09 07:07 PM
    And you STILL get Tours, WHY?
    12-02-09 07:09 PM
    I've asked Sprint to give me another phone. Spoke with the Multi Device Replacement department two days ago before they sent me out another phone. They told me I would have to get 3 phones through them before I had the option of switching to another phone. This was after I told them I'm already on my 4th activated BB...5 if they want to get technical because the 4th new Tour they sent me had a trackball problem right away so I told them I was sending it back. I'm just do damn frustrated with BB right now. I want out of this phone!
    12-02-09 07:12 PM
    You are going to return 500 tours and never fix it...

The freezing has nothing to do with the hardware, it's OS 4.7.1 sucking. So in other words, you're wasting your time.
    12-02-09 07:18 PM
    Sorry but I'm still on Tour #1 since release day!
    12-02-09 07:20 PM
    same here... talk about a stroke of bad luck... you're not the only one though
    12-02-09 07:25 PM
    i'm still on my 1st tour...
    12-02-09 07:29 PM
    I'm still on my first as well, but the trackball is starting to go out. Everything else the OP mentioned (besides the ripple) is software related and not specific to the Tour.
    12-02-09 07:34 PM
    You all are lucky. I WISH I had the same experience. The BB Curve worked just fine for me. I just had to upgrade. Now I wish I hadn't.
    12-02-09 07:49 PM
    I am still on my first, too. Got the stubborn trackball, started acting up 3 weeks in. I am not sure if I have ever had the screen ripple but very recently I noticed the screen vibrating and discovered that I had a high memory drop, like 18-20 MB, with a very low battery, like 6% or something. Aside from that scenario, I haven't noticed any screen ripple effect going on. My trackball worked perfectly until I got a pocket wet with the phone inside the OEM holster, inside the wet pocket. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or if just malfunctioned as a result of the common complaint about the trackballs. The phone itself never got wet, just a little moisture on the OEM holster. ( I don't use the belt clip, I put the OEM holster in my pocket and use it as a case for the phone.)

My Trackball has froze twice since then under normal use, and it's very stubborn moving left to right. But, I don't see a need to return the device. Didn't buy the phone to play Brickbreaker! I use Quicklaunch, Quicktext, keyboard shortcuts and few good themes that place a lot of key apps on the homescreen, so I don't find the stubborn trackball to be a dealbreaker. Annoying, yes, but a reason to return the phone, no. The Crackberry forums have good advice on how to clean up the ball or get it moving again, and I have good success with those tips.
    12-02-09 08:11 PM
    My third one was a charm. Now where the heck is a leak?
    12-02-09 08:36 PM
    I see that. You have the Pre up as your display pic. Do you have it and if so..how do you like it since they've upgraded the new OS? I'm thinking really hard about going back to it.

You are going to return 500 tours and never fix it...

The freezing has nothing to do with the hardware, it's OS 4.7.1 sucking. So in other words, you're wasting your time.
    12-02-09 08:48 PM
    Like it a lot. It will be pretty sweet once 1.3.5 rolls out soon and fixes the app limit issue.
    12-02-09 10:57 PM
    Let me just say I am HIGHLY disgusted at this model phone. Received BB Tour #5 yesterday and problems, problems.

I haven't had any trackball issues since early Oct. however what I HAVE had problems with is...

1. Freezing constantly! Whether it's the browser, address book..whatever...it freezes.
    2. Ringers not working properly after default ring has been set.
    3. Alerts (e.g. BB messenger, yahoo, facebook) still alerting you when it's set to silent.
    4. Rippled screen

How many is it going to take people?

WOW, do we have the same phone, I have had every issues you have written up and more. I'm on #3 and have given up on trying to get it fixed I just deal with it. I mean it works enough for use until I upgrade again. Sorry you are having so many issues don't you love how it will alert you even when you have it set to silent. Even when changing Active Profile, Contact alerts and etc. I have the same thing. Now the screen is staying lit up so I have to keep pulling the battery. I'm basically back to using my Touch Pro and Samsung Moment that's a spare. Good luck.
    12-02-09 11:25 PM
    Would have been my 7th Tour, but I refused replacement for headphone use being intermittent/static and I am changing to the Hero via the "lemon" rule. RIM's QC has failed severely for this product line. Somehow they got it basically right with the S2 and even Bold2 is having good success compared to the Tour/S1.
    12-02-09 11:42 PM
    Same here. First one and still running strong.
    12-03-09 01:12 AM
    WOW, do we have the same phone, I have had every issues you have written up and more. I'm on #3 and have given up on trying to get it fixed I just deal with it. I mean it works enough for use until I upgrade again. Sorry you are having so many issues don't you love how it will alert you even when you have it set to silent. Even when changing Active Profile, Contact alerts and etc. I have the same thing. Now the screen is staying lit up so I have to keep pulling the battery. I'm basically back to using my Touch Pro and Samsung Moment that's a spare. Good luck.
    Yes..it's ridiculous. Sprint has finally agree for me to change phones. I went to the corporate store yesterday and had the option for the HTC Hero, Pro 2, Palm Pre or Samsung. For me it was between the Hero and the Pre but then I found out Pre still doesn't have a yahoo im app (That is my main messenger) so I was not happy with that.

The Touch Pro 2 is big, bulky and Windows base so that's not an option for me.

The Hero...decided okay I'll go with that but still unsure.

Didn't even consider the Samsung....just didn't like the look and feel of the phone.

I'm really confused on which phone to take since this is my "final choice" for me as the manager said. They have to order the phone but since E Ticket was down, they're supposed to be doing it tomorrow. I need advice. HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by soulfulzeta; 12-04-09 at 05:14 AM.
    12-04-09 05:11 AM
    Would have been my 7th Tour, but I refused replacement for headphone use being intermittent/static and I am changing to the Hero via the "lemon" rule. RIM's QC has failed severely for this product line. Somehow they got it basically right with the S2 and even Bold2 is having good success compared to the Tour/S1.

Why were you given only one option? The manager in the store gave me the option of the Pre, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2 and the Samsung. Have you received your Hero yet? I'm not quite sure if I like that one either but that's the one I decided on. The Hero... still not pleased at all. You can't change the font (I like fonts like Times New Roman, etc) and the unit I was messing with in the store was horrible. Trackball barely working, etc. but I figured so many people have probably tried it so that may be the reason why. You have it as your display pic. How has your experience been?
    12-04-09 05:17 AM
    So far, I'm loving the Hero. It takes some getting used to with a full touchscreen device though. I do miss BBM a bit, but then I remember how much I love the web browsing on this thing though.

Trackball works great, so far so good. I got a very recent build and seems like a very sturdy device.
    12-04-09 06:53 AM
    I've had my first and only Tour for a few months. I even bought it used!
    12-04-09 07:20 AM
    As someone who went from Tour to Hero back to Tour, I can say that if you're mainly using your phone for messaging of any type, the Tour kills the Hero. With almost everything else, the Hero is probably better but it's also much slower.

It's all just personal preference. When I got my Hero I sold my Tour, and one day later I knew I had made a mistake. I missed my Tour soooo much. It's not that the Hero was a bad phone, it just didn't fit my needs as well as my Tour. About two weeks later, the guy who had bought my Tour put it back up for sale and I jumped all over it. The second it was back in my hands I felt complete. The Tour is a GREAT device. Yes, my trackball is just now starting to go bad (purchased on 8/2) but I'm going to see if it will last until Sprint drops the Essex; that's the phone I'm absolutely dying to get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 12-04-09 at 08:28 AM.
    12-04-09 08:25 AM
    I bought the Tour a few months ago and I like it pretty well. I converted from being a long time Windows mobile user. I havent experienced any of the issues I've been hearing about. Trackball, screen, or freezing.
    12-04-09 08:33 AM
    As someone who went from Tour to Hero back to Tour, I can say that if you're mainly using your phone for messaging of any type, the Tour kills the Hero. With almost everything else, the Hero is probably better but it's also much slower.

It's all just personal preference. When I got my Hero I sold my Tour, and one day later I knew I had made a mistake. I missed my Tour soooo much. It's not that the Hero was a bad phone, it just didn't fit my needs as well as my Tour. About two weeks later, the guy who had bought my Tour put it back up for sale and I jumped all over it. The second it was back in my hands I felt complete. The Tour is a GREAT device. Yes, my trackball is just now starting to go bad (purchased on 8/2) but I'm going to see if it will last until Sprint drops the Essex; that's the phone I'm absolutely dying to get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am definitely use my phone for email messages and text. I'm a heavy texter so I'm a little concerned about the virtual keyboard and whether I can get used to it. Never had a phone without a regular keyboard. Also with the Hero..if I set my email accounts up (e.g. gmail, yahoo) will they come through automatically? I'm reading the reviews and it's scaring me a little bit. Sprint just has to have a better phone without so many problems and now I'm seeing that the battery life on the Hero is crap. ayayayaye...
    12-04-09 09:42 AM
    So far, I'm loving the Hero. It takes some getting used to with a full touchscreen device though. I do miss BBM a bit, but then I remember how much I love the web browsing on this thing though.

Trackball works great, so far so good. I got a very recent build and seems like a very sturdy device.
    What about the battery life? I also love web browsing and I frequent Tagged.com, facebook and twitter daily. FB and twitter is okay on the Tour. Tagged sucks (even using a mini browser like Opera mini or Bolt). How are you with texting and sending emails?
    12-04-09 09:44 AM
    Took me a bit to get used to auto correct and virtual KB, though I fat finger it sometimes as I did with the tour alot also. So it didn't slow me down any. Get Task panel and periodically kill off apps that are not in use. I haven't had wi-fi on due to work having extra security protocols that aren't compatible with any mobile phones.

I used the hero for around 11 hours with about an hour of constant use total and my batt was down to 70%. The email comes through for me no problem. I have gmail and yahoo and have gotten those emails within 5 minutes after my inbox got them. Once I have everything setup correctly, I will be extremely happy with it.

For me personally, I text alot and email some. Part of the webpages I go to wouldn't work with my BB and I do not have faith in RIM bringing the webroot browser out anytime soon. Opera and Bolt didn't cut it like I wanted them to.
    12-04-09 10:18 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD