so i am about to buy a blackberry tour that was branded with Bell but it is unlocked... my question is will the 3G work on my rogers network the same way my blackberry bold does or will it not be as fast??? please help!!!!
    08-12-09 03:21 PM
    No, you will not get 3G from the Tour on any North American GSM carrier simply because the radio will only receive 3G from non-North American GSM carriers due to the frequency the radio is set at.
    09-01-09 06:56 PM
    Yes that is correct... You will not get 3G from Rogers on your Tour since it doesn't work at the CDMA frequency. Since you are on Rogers, why not get a curve 8900? At least that way you still won't get 3G, but you will at least get WiFi included.

If you bought a Tour, not only will you not have 3G but no wifi either.
    09-01-09 07:35 PM
    so i am about to buy a blackberry tour that was branded with Bell but it is unlocked... my question is will the 3G work on my rogers network the same way my blackberry bold does or will it not be as fast??? please help!!!!
    I am using a Tour on Rogers. It is a Bell Mobility unit but it is unlocked. You'll get EDGE on Rogers, not 3G like on your Bold. I too came from a Bold to this device and I'm quite happy with it. To see what the speed will be like, on your Bold change the network mode to 2G only (in Mobile Network options) and that is what you'll get on the Tour.

The Curve 8900 is an option also - it has 2G as well but also includes Wi-Fi. However, the keyboard SUCKS on the 8900 which is why I am using the Tour - best keyboard out there.

Cheers, let me know if you need any help as I went through the whole process of getting the Tour set up on Rogers, and it is also Bell branded.
    09-01-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD