So i bought bb tour and i'm with telus, and i'm playing around with the internet browser and app downloads and it's all still bloody slow. No faster then my pearl. It took me 15 minues to download MSM Live messanger from the app world today. Is there something that i need to do to speed it up? I thought Tour was running 3G
    10-31-09 01:16 AM
    I want to know this as well.

This is slow as ****. If this wasn't a work phone I'd have switched already.

What is the real world speed to be expected for 1xEV? And since the Tour has a sim card, can I use the that new part of the network somehow? I don't get how 20+ mins for a 1800 KB download from appworld is acceptable.
    11-24-09 07:31 PM
    Hmm...im on Bell with a tour, it took approx 3 min to download MSM if not less?
    11-24-09 07:49 PM
    well that doesn't help us in the telus forums? lol

i cant switch providers, it is a work phone...
    11-24-09 08:15 PM
    Out of curiosity why did you go with the Tour vs the Bold? I had hr Tour and when the Bold came out I jumped at it like a starving animal jumps at food...data speeds are very fast, trackpad is amazing and every other aspect is quicker than my Tour (which I passed along to Mrs. Htm986 ).
    11-24-09 10:47 PM
    Hmm...im on Bell with a tour, it took approx 3 min to download MSM if not less?
    I have no issues at all. i had the 8330 and the tour's speed is incredible even with tethering compared to my old phone.. not to mention the GPS locks 12 sats in less then 20 sec each time on the tour instead of 6 on the 8330 after 10min.

MSN took about 1 - 2 min to download and install on 2 bars singal
    11-25-09 08:36 AM
    Hrmm, there must be something wrong then.

I AM using a hybrid 5.0 based OS, maybe that is it?

Work provides us with phones, and I had the 8330 for like a year, which is a long time for me. I noticed someone selling a Tour a few months back and jumped on it. I guess I will keep my eyes open for a 9700 maybe and resell the Tour.

I'd still love to get it working better. clesli01, what are your speedtest #s? What ver OS are you running? And where are you located roughly?
    11-25-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD