Does anyone knows if the BB Storm works on claro Puerto Rico?
    03-12-09 06:04 PM
    just unlocked mine I will travel there to see if it works Ill keep you posted on this, hope it works!
    08-27-09 03:37 AM
    just unlocked mine I will travel there to see if it works Ill keep you posted on this, hope it works!
    Frost, you should not need to unlock to use your Verizon Storm in PR. It will work just fine without doing anything.

Check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...estion-247875/

I'm not sure if the OP means he wants to use a T-mobile Storm (says T-mobile on his Avatar) in PR or does he live in PR and wants to use a storm on a Claro account.
    08-27-09 06:56 AM
    Well good luck with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 08:22 AM
    i just got back from PR last month, i was there for two weeks and had no problem and did not get charge extra.
    08-27-09 08:51 AM
    Does anyone knows if the BB Storm works on claro Puerto Rico?
    I checked out a wiki on Claro and it appears they have both CDMA & GSM technologies on their network. For you to use Claro's CDMA side you would need them to add your Storm to their network, which they may or may not want to do. To use the GSM side you just need to unlock your storm and then put your Claro SIM card in it. You will also need to get the Claro service books on to your Storm.
    08-27-09 08:56 AM
    I checked out a wiki on Claro and it appears they have both CDMA & GSM technologies on their network. For you to use Claro's CDMA side you would need them to add your Storm to their network, which they may or may not want to do. To use the GSM side you just need to unlock your storm and then put your Claro SIM card in it. You will also need to get the Claro service books on to your Storm.

THANK YOU. This is exactly the information I needed. My sister is currently a vzw customer who wants a Storm2. Difficulty: She's planning on moving to PR this coming spring. The "would it work on Claro?" question has been haunting us for months now.
    11-20-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD