Hi everyone!

I'm currently an exchange student in Helsinki (Finland), so I'll spend here a couple of months. The thing is, I need to find a mobile operator that's supporting BB. Noone here seems to know anything about that. Maybe someone could help me? Or, if there isn't any operator, how can I use my BB? I only need to receive emails, connect to Internet, use Twitter and BB messenger. I would really appreciate Your help!

Thank You!
    01-09-11 10:21 AM
    Hi everyone!

I'm currently an exchange student in Helsinki (Finland), so I'll spend here a couple of months. The thing is, I need to find a mobile operator that's supporting BB. Noone here seems to know anything about that. Maybe someone could help me? Or, if there isn't any operator, how can I use my BB? I only need to receive emails, connect to Internet, use Twitter and BB messenger. I would really appreciate Your help!

Thank You!
    I don't have an answer, sorry. I was just curious, are Sony Ericsson phones big in Finland? I see a big selection of phones on the SE website but very few are available in America through the carriers here. I loved my W810i, it's still my backup phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 10:32 AM
    I don't have an answer, sorry. I was just curious, are Sony Ericsson phones big in Finland? I see a big selection of phones on the SE website but very few are available in America through the carriers here. I loved my W810i, it's still my backup phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, I haven't noticed them here. Only Nokia, HTC, iPhone.
    01-09-11 11:03 AM
    Read this web page for GSM networks etc. in Finland.

Those are the only GSM carriers I know of in Finland, and the SIM card is not phone specific when you buy prepaid in Finland, but as far as I know, you only get free incoming calls, a local Finland phone #, text, and voicemail. None that I know of will allow you web access, or email from your phone. I'm not sure if BBM will work either
    01-10-11 07:58 AM
    Hi everyone!

Thank You!
    If you are still needing answers, you cant get BB services here in Finland. The best you could do is get 3rd party apps that does the same as what you want. Like PingChat or WhatsApp to replace BBM and logicmail for your emails. Bolt and I think opera for your browsing. There are loads of apps that u can use with your BB here in Finland. You will just need a data plan from any of our mobile operators who wont provide BB services

I am using Saunalahti successfully with BB devices here

And to mike71857, yes there are SE devices here and they used to be big. These days, people are on HTC, iPhone, some ZTE and we still do def. have some Nokia lovers
    05-31-11 06:38 PM
    Hi!

Currently, I'm living in Finland. Yesterday I activated internet in my sim card (saunalahti) but I can't use the internet services of the BB. Do you know how can I activate the data service with saunalahti? Have I to go a saunalahti shop? THANK YOU.
    11-20-12 03:53 AM
    Check the MVNO - Oy Cubio Communications Ltd, if they started offering BIS service in Finland

check the article:
    BlackBerry makes its way to Finland courtesy of Cubio | CrackBerry.com
    pkcable likes this.
    11-20-12 08:44 AM
    It's about FREAKING time!!!!!! Moving thread to Other Worldwide Carriers sub forum.
    11-20-12 09:10 AM
    I know its completely off the point, and ill likely be trolled...but I must say that H.I.M. is my favorite band and I really hope to visit someday...
    inffy likes this.
    11-20-12 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD