yeah i was wondering why i couldn't use the browser and when i tried to use the scoremobile app it said "no data ava".
    12-22-09 08:21 PM
    very upsetting
    12-22-09 08:22 PM
    same problems in Southern California (San Diego). whaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    12-22-09 08:23 PM
    dude I am having email and browser problems again! WTF?!
    12-22-09 08:24 PM
    This is like the worse time for this ****. I am away for Christmas vacation and if I hadn't happen to bring my other phone "happens to be an iphone" I wouldn't be able to get any of my important emails. Posting this threw Opera browser on the Bold at least that's working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-22-09 08:29 PM
    funny story i was traveling down here in florida and was using blackberry maps the all of the sudden i was lost bc rim servers were downn
    rim better send me a check with some of the gas money back
    12-22-09 08:35 PM
    how do you get this so called opera browser?
    12-22-09 08:37 PM
    Now I feel somewhat bad for yelling at the technical support woman at AT&T, although she was kinda rude.

I am a new Blackberry user. I don't understand why if the BB servers are down, why I am not able to go on my WiFi? Can someone please explain this to me?

Browser, BBM, Google Maps, Windows Live Messenger, Facebook, The Weather Channel, Pandora are all not working.

In NYC, the time is 9:45 PM
    12-22-09 08:44 PM
    Nothing other than the phone is working right now here in NYC. Even the WiFi is kaput.
    Exact same here in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. What really sucks is that I am here on vacation, so BBM and push email are my primary means for communicating with those back home. Thankfully I am in for the evening now though, so I'm using my laptop. Here's to hoping the servers will be back up by morning.

Now I feel somewhat bad for yelling at the technical support woman at AT&T, although she was kinda rude.

I am a new Blackberry user. I don't understand why if the BB servers are down, why I am not able to go on my WiFi? Can someone please explain this to me?

Browser, BBM, Google Maps, Windows Live Messenger, Facebook, The Weather Channel, Pandora are all not working.

I also do not quite get this. I am guessing it has to do with RIM's authentication process though.

Even on WiFi you must have a BlackBerry data plan to use proprietary RIM services (eg. BBM and push email). I know this because I canceled my data plan before going abroad once as I did not want to pay for an international data plan on top of my domestic data plan and just figured I'd use WiFi. No such luck as RIM effectually deactivated my PIN. So now with the servers down and no way to authenticate I guess the system just shuts out everyone.

how do you get this so called opera browser?
    m.opera.com/next
    So much better than the standard BlackBerry browser even when the servers are up
    Last edited by msteadman; 12-22-09 at 08:55 PM.
    12-22-09 08:48 PM
    okay phew. I JUST switched tonight from my old 8310 to a sparkling new 9700 and can't get email or ubertwitter and can only use my browser when I am on Wifi. So that would fall under a BIS outage? I think I've sent my service books six times! I was coming here to post for help when I saw the outage news.
    12-22-09 08:52 PM
    This sucks!!!!!!!
    12-22-09 08:54 PM
    Same here in Baltimore - this is nuts. What's up with these servers? This is becoming a weekly occurrence.
    12-22-09 08:57 PM
    Cmon RIM, get the BIS f'ing working
    alreadyyy!!!
    Our phones are like nothing without it!
    At least I still have phone and sms
    12-22-09 09:23 PM
    Cmon RIM, get the BIS f'ing working
    alreadyyy!!!
    Our phones are like nothing without it!
    At least I still have phone and sms
    Seriously. And for me it is even worse as being abroad I don't have phone or sms. Well unless I want to have a $1K bill...
    12-22-09 09:35 PM
    Good lord, its after 11 eastern time......AND ITS STILL DOWN.....fix it already, I am starting to go through some very scary withdrawls here. At least I can get the browser up and running......LIKE ONCE EVERY 2 HOURS.......

12-22-09 10:08 PM
    Wifi does work....even if it's gray it still works....try it on hotspot browser and you will see it stay's gray but still loading sites.

"I just found this out on the other thread about this here"
    12-22-09 10:30 PM

you have all the right to yell at them. especially AT&T Customer Service Dept. AT&T hires pigs and monkeys to deal with its customers
    12-22-09 10:33 PM
    Good lord, its after 11 eastern time......AND ITS STILL DOWN.....fix it already, I am starting to go through some very scary withdrawls here. At least I can get the browser up and running......LIKE ONCE EVERY 2 HOURS.......

You and me both! So they made $3.92 BILLION in revenue this last quarter, let's hope they have some spare change to stabilize BIS!
    12-22-09 10:38 PM
    BIS is down in the land of Oz as well
    12-22-09 10:46 PM
    If BIS goes down why doesnt it just fall back on our carrier data?
    12-22-09 10:49 PM
    well as i learned on a different thread, the 'internet browser' still runs thru BIS. if u switch to 'hotspot browser' it will use wifi if available, and if u switch to 'media net' (at&t only) it will use just carrier data and bypass BIS.
    12-22-09 10:54 PM
    Just spoke with my Rogers Carrier. Tec Support (thought something was wrong with my phone)
    I was informed that Rim will be out till approx NOON hr. Dec 23... No Net, BBM, Etc....

And My WIFI wont even work while set to hot spot.
    12-22-09 11:38 PM
    I am new to BB and got a 9700 a month ago -- this is the 2nd outage...I can't make or receive phone calls even...Is this par for the course. I did a lot of research before choosing BB over another --Did I make a mistake??????
    12-22-09 11:48 PM
    Rim is actin like t-mobile with all these servers down
    12-22-09 11:50 PM
    Just spoke with my Rogers Carrier. Tec Support (thought something was wrong with my phone)
    I was informed that Rim will be out till approx NOON hr. Dec 23... No Net, BBM, Etc....

And My WIFI wont even work while set to hot spot.
    I have my phone set to hotspot and it works with WIFI.

12-22-09 11:51 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD