Hi all.
    This is my first thread on this forum so I would like to say hello to everybody.
    I have a problem and need your advive.

I just purchased BlackBerry Q10 which is locked to EE (UK).
    I purchased unlocking code from one of unlocking website (I don't know if I can write the name of that website) but code that I received doesn't work.
    I followed the supplied instructions exactly as stated and when typed code and pressed OK button nothing happened. No confirmation, no error and remaining attempts counter gone down. I have contacted them and explained what happened and they asking me to make a full video of whole unlocking procedure, upload it on YouTube and reply them with link.
    And that's make me confused, because I'm not sure if sharing my IMEI on YT is safe ?

Could you give me some advice please? I would be very thankful.

Thanks
    Raf
    11-23-16 12:27 PM
    I'm not sure if sharing my IMEI on YT is safe
    You don't have to share it with everyone. Set it to private and only those with the link can see it. And it's not really out of the ordinary for them to want to see a video, people try to scam unlockers all the time, so if you want your money back, do it up and then try a different unlocker when refunded if you wish.
    11-23-16 12:59 PM
    You can set your YouTube video to private and only allow certain logged in user(s) to view it or only allow people with the link to view it.
    11-23-16 12:59 PM
    Thanks for response. I did it that way and they will investigate what happened.
    Ofcourse I understand that some people trying to scam unlockers. I don't see any problem to send that video to them, because they have my IMEI anyway, but I was confused about sharing my IMEI on YT.
    Will see what they gonna say.

BTW: Is this the only way to unlock BB Q10 or it can be unlocked by some hardware like old phones ages ago ? Is that true that if I use all remaining attempts then phone will be locked permamently to EE network without any options to unlock it ?

Thanks
    11-23-16 03:41 PM
    As far as I understand, you only get 10 attempts and it's permanently locked. I have a Z10 that is T-Mobile-branded that I got the unlock code from Customer Service. I used up two attempts entering it myself, with the second time with me thinking I entered it incorrectly the first time. I took it to a store and the rep there burned through two/three more attempts, which was worrying because he didn't seem to understand that there are exactly 10 attempts. I kept escalating with Customer Service over email until I got to the highest tech level at T-Mobile and eventually they sent me a code that was different. (Previous IMEI submissions kept generating the exact same unlock code.) It finally did unlock the Z10.
    11-23-16 04:35 PM
    Hi. After a few days of waiting for solution from code provider they told me that they don't have any alternative code and refunded me.
    I don't know what to do now...try another website or what? I was also in 3 GSM shops in my town and everybody offered me an unlocking code.
    Is this the only way to unlock Blackberry Q10...really ? If so...then what is the best website to unlock BB Q10 ?
    Thanks for help
    11-26-16 01:50 PM
    Maybe try to talk to EE and find out what's their minimum service length is before they'd be willing to unlock for "free"? At least in the U.S., T-Mobile USA will unlock your device after a month of service.
    11-28-16 01:13 PM
    Hi. The problem is that I bought it on eBay. It is brand new phone from UK locked to EE.
    I don't know what to do now, because already bought code from 2 providers (codes was identical BTW) and my phone is still locked.
    Is there any other way to unlock it ? I still have 4 attempts left.

Thanks for replies.
    Raf
    11-28-16 02:09 PM
    Unfortunately I don't know of any. In the situation I was in, I kept on asking T-Mobile USA for an unlock code until I got something different. Their system of communication didn't have a way for me to tell them it didn't work or ask how they generated the latest code. I would basically have to call them and explain what had been going on each time and hope someone would try something different in the code generation.

Best of luck!
    11-28-16 05:43 PM