which one to choose the 9700 or the storm2 when it launches on bell???
    12-02-09 05:32 PM
    What do you use your BB for

I was just playing with the 9700, it looks sharp, but having access to the 9000 as well on the bell network now has me really wanting to laterally move from my tour to the 9000, man I love the size of that phone I VERY much hope that in 2011 they launch a 9000 size phone with the feauters of the 9700 + some...

the Storm 2, meh, I'm not a touch screen guy.
    12-02-09 06:28 PM
    I tried a storm and storm2 and that clicking sound while typing made me want to throw them both out the window. I would go for the 9700 definately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:40 PM
    I would definitely recommend the Storm 2 if you prefer a larger screen size to complement its overall better multimedia and browsing experience over the Bold 9700. "What about the touch-screen typing compared to the qwerty keyboard?". Within the last 2 years, I went from the Curve 8330 to a Storm 9530 and finally the current Bold 9700. I am comfortable typing on any of the devices, although it took maybe a week or so for the transition from touch-screen to qwerty keyboard (vice-versa); my thumbs naturally adjusted. The primary reason I would select the 9700 over the Storm 2 is because of the exceptional reception I receive with my HSPA+ device (full bars), whereas before I was struggling with my CDMA devices (1-2 bars, lucky to get 3). I live in the city and everywhere else the CDMA reception was strong but just not in my home.

12-04-09 03:49 AM
    I would definitely recommend the Storm 2 if you prefer a larger screen size to complement its overall better multimedia and browsing experience over the Bold 9700. "What about the touch-screen typing compared to the qwerty keyboard?". Within the last 2 years, I went from the Curve 8330 to a Storm 9530 and finally the current Bold 9700. I am comfortable typing on any of the devices, although it took maybe a week or so for the transition from touch-screen to qwerty keyboard (vice-versa); my thumbs naturally adjusted. The primary reason I would select the 9700 over the Storm 2 is because of the exceptional reception I receive with my HSPA+ device (full bars), whereas before I was struggling with my CDMA devices (1-2 bars, lucky to get 3). I live in the city and everywhere else the CDMA reception was strong but just not in my home.

I agree, the HSPA network is outstanding! I could never go back to CDMA now, or even Rogers 3G now. Bellus HSPA is the best right now.

Personally, for me it comes down to what you want out of the phone, noteably how much tying you do. I had to switch soley from the Storm to the Tour due to my amount of emailing. With the touch screen, I simply could not type AS fast as having solid, individual keys. The Storm2 will be MUCH better to type on, again sit isnt for me as I feel like a puss puss typing on a touch screen device.

Other the other hand, the Storm is a great device (no iPhone), a BB at heart with some fun apps.
    12-04-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD