Hi, if I purchase a BB 9500 or a 9520 would I be able to unlock it and use it on bell mobilitys new HSPA network with the 3g not 2g?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:09 PM
    Nope that would not work. They do not have the correct frequencies for 3G in North America, so Storm users (and there are some) on US GSM networks and Rogers in Canada are limited to 2.5G EDGE or lower. And Bell's new network is HSPA only, so it would not work at all.

You CAN (as you probably know) get a 9530 or 9550 for CDMA use from Bell. Not sure if they have released the 9550 yet, but they most likely will carry it.

I am going to move this thread to the Bell Forum, maybe they can give you further help.
    12-03-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply but I want to be on the hspa network withs touch screen phone. What would be the best touch screen phone on the hspa network or going to today? Even if bell doesn't have it yet.

Thanks

12-03-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply but I want to be on the hspa network withs touch screen phone. What would be the best touch screen phone on the hspa network or going to today? Even if bell doesn't have it yet.

Thanks

That's a VERY subjective question. There are some fine choices out there, such as the iphone 3GS, Android Phones & Windows Mobile phones.
    12-03-09 03:24 PM
    Not to crazy about the iphone but I heard of the android phones. How are they? Any experience pros and cons would be nice. I do email, music, text, and photos taking and sending. I have a ipod touch so no need for an iphone. What would you suggest?

Thanks again.

12-03-09 04:22 PM

You CAN (as you probably know) get a 9530 or 9550 for CDMA use from Bell. Not sure if they have released the 9550 yet, but they most likely will carry it.
    When is it coming....when
    12-03-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD