Just released. Backup Assistant 4.0!

This will now allow for export and import of contacts via .csv files. Also with V-Cast media manager you can sync pictures and music. ALso on this page there is a list of compatable devices. I still prefer an SD card and computer.

Also, sometime in the future, Blackerry devices will have access to the sync functions of Backup Assistant.
    For now, here is a link to learn about backup Assitant

Also with 4.0, it becomes free to all VZW customers whether you have an online account or not. use to 1.99 per month without the online account.
    02-26-10 10:43 AM
    This has been a topic of discussion between me and a few reps and we think it might be one of the best moves VZW has ever made.

However, like the old saying.... you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Most people don't think about this feature until it's too late.
    02-26-10 10:53 AM
    This is a very valueable feature, I was using smartguard but will be giving this a look aswell
    02-26-10 10:56 AM
    This is a very valueable feature, I was using smartguard but will be giving this a look aswell
    Yes it is but remember, it is not available for Blackberry just yet.
    02-26-10 11:05 AM
    Yes it is but remember, it is not available for Blackberry just yet.
    I like the yet part, means there is still hope. I really miss that feature, although I'm pretty good about doing DM backups.
    02-26-10 11:43 AM
    I like the yet part, means there is still hope. I really miss that feature, although I'm pretty good about doing DM backups.
    Same here, Although from what I have read on the subject - Blackberry is coming, which will be a first for smartphones.
    02-26-10 12:41 PM
    If the blog is to be believed maybe as soon as 3/9
    02-26-10 01:00 PM
    It's being rolled out for all phones.
    The machines in the company stores are going away.
    As soon as all new phones are compatible. They are gone or close to it.
    I was told this last weekend when I swapped my daughter's phone out.

I was told to make sure to use BA because the machines are gone.
    02-26-10 01:05 PM
    Cellebrite's won't completely disappear due to the fact that we have no way of getting contacts from another carrier to a VZW phone unless you use the Cellebrite. (Speaking for dumb phones).
    02-26-10 02:10 PM
    i loved Backup Assistant on my enV! Can't wait until BlackBerry has access to that feature! Thanks, Lastraid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD