Hey Everyone,
    I'm doing research for my small business and was wondering if any one is comfortable with letting me know the average cost of their total monthly service.
    What we plan on doing is helping business manage and save money on their wireless services. We can do this because we spent 10yrs in the industry and some of that time was with big red.
    Do it yourself'ers and the smart community that is crackberry may not benefit from our service because they are so proactive. But if you are lacking time or just don't want to deal with carriers that's where we step in. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone!
    01-05-10 06:35 PM
    2 BBs currently, BES provisioning. VZAM. 1400 minutes shared. Unlimited sexting. I mean texting.
    Monthly Spend: ~$220.00

Future (~60-90 days from this post):
    3 BBs, same specs except up the minute plan to 1400 shared.
    1 N1 (at release). Unknown provisioning at this time.
    01-05-10 06:38 PM
    Good stuff. Thanks JLSparks! Basically what we are wanting to do is assist companies reduce their wireless costs without hiring a telecoms manager.
    We check usage every month and know when we can and can't back date, we know the day new plans come out, and we have a deep love for the devices (tour for me!).

To use your plan as an example: You may have 1400 minutes because you average 800 minutes a month and don't want to pay .40 cents an minute in overages for a 100 minutes. That's 20$ more per month for a whole year to avoid overages. If someone was watching that average they could keep you on 700 minute plan for 20$ less for a few months out of the year.

And the data. I assume the BES plan is b/c you need BES access. Are you using of 24mb of usage on both MTN's? If not we can do the same thing as above but with the data and save you 19.99 per line per month.

Of course those are all assumptions and again the comminity hear is so on the ball that it's almost fruitless to market. But it's my baby and I felt like yabbering on about it.

But the more VZW data I have the better

thanks again!
    01-05-10 06:53 PM
    Data is required on blackberrys no matter the carrier now....... For Verizon that happens to be a 30 dollar BES plan...

I have 2 blackberrys with 30 dollar web and a 3rd line for 9.99. I have the 700 select plan also. My bill usually runs me 175 but I do have a 20 percent discount through my work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:21 PM
    Data is required on blackberrys no matter the carrier now....... For Verizon that happens to be a 30 dollar BES plan...
    the BES plan is 44.99, the BIS is 29.99
    01-05-10 08:35 PM
    700 mins, BIS, 250 text, vcast video, 1 BB approx 105 a month.
    01-05-10 09:06 PM
    700 mins .. unlimted txt and data ..no roaming charges .. 130
    01-05-10 09:09 PM
    1BB: Nationwide Select 450, Unlimited Data/Txt, VVM and Advanced tech insurance - $87.00 (W/O employer discount it would be $106)

I don't know if your looking for actual usage or not; I use about 400mins a month, around 800megs (Or I used to, now with wifi it's most likly less) in data and over 600txts normally.

What specifically are you looking for by getting a person by person cost of mobile service? Like if you are trying to get a feel for the price of having a blackberry (I assume your looking for blackberry costs, as this is a BB site) across carriers couldn't you go to the carriers websites and collect the data yourself?

Just curious.

-ry
    01-05-10 09:57 PM
    Blackberry works with $15 data plan according to some posts.
    01-05-10 10:16 PM
    Those posts are wrong.

01-05-10 10:33 PM
    If I open the feature screen on a line that has a BB on it and remove the 29.99 Email & Web for Blackberry feature, it will automatically provision the 44.99 Blackberry Corp packages, and vice versa.

I will say I've never tried to use the VCast VPak for MB in place of a BB dataplan, but I would be very very shocked if that worked.
    01-05-10 10:39 PM
    It won't work. You'll get an error when trying to activate that Vcast plan with a BlackBerry device.

Off topic but i wish VZW would include tethering in their BlackBerry data plans.

01-05-10 10:43 PM
    It won't work. You'll get an error when trying to activate that Vcast plan with a BlackBerry device.

Off topic but i wish VZW would include tethering in their BlackBerry data plans.

I've suggested that (actually for both BB and other smartphones), along with making the 1st mb of the month free on a line's usage.
    01-05-10 11:23 PM
    450 minutes for 39.99 + blackberry web and email 29.99 + texting package consisting of 500 messages to anyone and unlimited in-network 10.00 so before taxes and regulatory fees my bill is roughly $80.00 a month.

01-06-10 10:03 AM
    the BES plan is 44.99, the BIS is 29.99
    Meant BIS not BES, woops
    01-06-10 10:17 AM
    Just a reminder to the OP, so far you have NOT actually advertised, BUT....

No Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own or other competing stores Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) or sales. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to promote or advertise your Accessories, Services, Software, Themes etc. on CrackBerry.com please contact Kevin Michaluk directly. Kevin can be reached via email, kevin at crackberry.com.

Individuals looking to Sell or Swap personally owned items (i.e. Used Unlocked AT&T BlackBerry 8700 for Sale) may post in the Buy & Sell forum.

Please note, if individuals (not related to the company selling a product or service) post on an item that is or becomes available in the ShopCrackBerry.com store, if available for the same price or less we reserve the right to update posts to this link (gotta keep in business!).

While our Rules & Policies ARE under review and may be changing in the near future, I am certain unauthorized advertising will always be prohibited. Like I said also the OP has NOT advertised yet. Just posting a reminder.
    01-06-10 10:39 AM
    sorry about that pkcable, and thanks for the reminder. I don't wanna break any rules and the thread is a grey area.

Someone mentioned a 15$ data plan. They do exists. But only for discounted large corp accounts. Most work discounts get a percent off their plan. Some large companies Boeing Microsoft, ect. Big red makes special plans and features for.
    01-06-10 11:07 AM
    sorry about that pkcable, and thanks for the reminder. I don't wanna break any rules and the thread is a grey area.

Someone mentioned a 15$ data plan. They do exists. But only for discounted large corp accounts. Most work discounts get a percent off their plan. Some large companies Boeing Microsoft, ect. Big red makes special plans and features for.
    There is no plan for 15 for Blackberry. If there is a discount, its off the 30 for 45 price, its still charged the regular price first.
    01-06-10 11:24 AM
    So it shows as 45$ but is billed at 15$?
    01-06-10 11:30 AM

Those plans are not advertised and should not be advertised to the crackberry community because they will create multiple threads of people asking how to get them.

There is no plan for 15 for Blackberry. If there is a discount, its off the 30 for 45 price, its still charged the regular price first.

Not specifically "15 dollars" but there are some government accounts that have "special" pricing and they are listed as unlimited data use for a different cost other than 29.99 or 44.99. Again, they are not advertised or available to the general public. Let me repeat, there is NO way a regular consumer or even a small to medium or even a large business can get anything other than a published plan.
    01-06-10 11:31 AM

Not specifically "15 dollars" but there are some government accounts that have "special" pricing and they are listed as unlimited data use for a different cost other than 29.99 or 44.99. Again, they are not advertised or available to the general public. Let me repeat, there is NO way a regular consumer or even a small to medium or even a large business can get anything other than a published plan.
    Thats what I was saying. Because there is no plan for 15 for the regular consumer, theres no need to post it here.
    01-06-10 12:23 PM
    So it shows as 45$ but is billed at 15$?
    Thats what I said, it doesnt cost 15 its discounted.
    01-06-10 12:24 PM
    I get a 12% discount on my BIS Plus 15 on the base plan.
    01-06-10 01:12 PM
    I have 3 lines, one BB, 700 shared minutes, unlimited text- running abt $210 but just put in a for an employer-based discount (County of Los Angeles).Should be a 20% discount from what I was told.
    01-06-10 11:16 PM
    One line, 450 minutes, unlimited data/messaging, insurance, old employee discount - $95/month
    01-08-10 06:00 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD