Would An

IPhone or blackberry on AT&T Beat a BlackBerry on Verizon In Covarge And speed?
    I travel up and down the east coast from nothern MD down to FL. Have had ATT, Sprint, Nextel(before the merger) and now Verizon. I think I have found one spot in all of my travels up in the mountains in MD that I didn't have service for about 20 seconds and another spot in barnwell state park in SC where service would come and go, voice was there but data would come and go. With ATT and Nextel I would lose signal on the interstates. Sprint had similar coverage with Verizon but their customer service was impossible to deal with. I think that I will stick with Verizon until the next best thing comes along.
    05-03-09 12:15 PM
    That is absolutely false. 3G isn't only in major cities, and it is not hard to get. I get 3G almost everywhere I go in NY, CT and NJ. And in NY this includes upsate as far as Saratoga and down south across Long Island (in LI right now and have full 3G coverage).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Come on down to Augusta, GA(which is one of the largest cities in GA) and lets see your 3G here. You won't find it with ATT. I would be willing to bet you have yet to travel outside of a major metropolitan region. But if it works for you great. There is a reason that there are choices of service providers. They all have different coverage areas that fit everyone differently.
    05-03-09 12:21 PM
    That is absolutely false. 3G isn't only in major cities, and it is not hard to get. I get 3G almost everywhere I go in NY, CT and NJ. And in NY this includes upsate as far as Saratoga and down south across Long Island (in LI right now and have full 3G coverage).

There are 47 other states in the nation, and I think you'll find this information interesting in the best crackberry thread ever.

05-03-09 12:30 PM
    PrimeCo did have both CDMA and GSM networks in place trust me i work for the companies VZ and VZW
    05-03-09 06:02 PM
    Come on down to Augusta, GA(which is one of the largest cities in GA) and lets see your 3G here. You won't find it with ATT. I would be willing to bet you have yet to travel outside of a major metropolitan region. But if it works for you great. There is a reason that there are choices of service providers. They all have different coverage areas that fit everyone differently.
    I never said they had 3G everywhere. They just started 3G a year ago. All I said was that you don't have to be in a major city to get it. And yes it works great for me, thanks. It's awesome that Verizon works great for you. In my area, which they have full coverage they suck. I've had them and I know. That's why I chose AT&T. I also do not like CDMA, and I don't like Verizon.

And I have read that thread. I know Verizon has the best coverage in the U.S., I never said they didn't.
    05-03-09 07:21 PM
    What state are you in?
    Hey BAGTEVZ - I'm in the Boston Ma area. I lived in multiple locations in the area and the only network that worked without issue was VZW.
    05-03-09 08:37 PM
    I myself love the CDMA tech and wish verizon would of kept it and went with Rev. C(UMB) CDMA was a military tech so its very secure and LTE/GSM was made long after CDMA.

LTE is nothing compared to what UMB could have been. The only reasons verizon switched is 1.Vodafone and 2.Qualcomm had them locked in high price chips
    05-03-09 09:01 PM
    PrimeCo did have both CDMA and GSM networks in place trust me i work for the companies VZ and VZW
    I'm a 10 vet of GTE/VZ on the Wireless, ILEC, and CLEC side of the house. I was there when the original PCS licenses were being bid on (albeit small-fry for the old GTE Service Corp at the time). PrimeCo did not build and operate a GSM network. Neither did either of their parent partners AirTouch or Bell Atlantic.
    05-03-09 09:09 PM
    Thats because verizon headquarters is in manhattan.
    ...or New Jersey.
    05-03-09 09:39 PM
    I used to work for AT&T and my district manager used Verizon /shrug.
    05-03-09 09:40 PM
    Thats because verizon headquarters is in manhattan.
    VZW headquarters is in basking ridge, nj. It's close, but not quite manhattan.

Last edited by mikeybd; 05-04-09 at 03:07 AM.
    05-04-09 03:04 AM
    I use AT&T, works like a charm for me. Better than Verizon and Sprint's terrible service.
    05-04-09 03:12 AM
    VZW headquarters is in basking ridge, nj. It's close, but not quite manhattan.

40 miles, 75 minutes, and who-knows-how-many-tolls between the two...
    05-04-09 07:24 AM
    Wifey has awful coverage with ATT(drop calls and no or slow data). I haven't had any problems with coverage with Verizon...
    05-04-09 08:03 AM
    I've taken autotrain down to FL with AT&T (iphone) and Storm. I had strong coverage all the way down on the Storm. Not so iphone...
    05-04-09 08:46 AM
    verizon beats anybody in coverage hands down in my opinion
    05-04-09 09:20 AM

AT&T's Coverage Map shows otherwise, even if they covered all of those states, Verizon's 3G network is still several times larger
    05-04-09 09:39 PM
    i think verizon has solid coverage always have good service everywhere
    05-05-09 04:54 AM
    I believe both companies have grace periods so you can try them out. Do both and see which one works best for you. AT&T is great where I live but how does that help you?
    05-05-09 09:01 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD