Would An

IPhone or blackberry on AT&T Beat a BlackBerry on Verizon In Covarge And speed?
    05-02-09 01:34 PM
    Detail overload!!!
    05-02-09 01:43 PM
    depends on the area your in. I have used sprint, Verizon, and att. voice is basically transparent. as far as data check the coverage maps. I live in connecticut and my bold crushes my buddies storm as far as data. we would see which phone would load the same web page faster. my bold would win everytime but thats just where i live. so you have to check the coverage maps.
    05-02-09 01:45 PM
    Well can't really compare the storm to the bold. Bold has faster insides
    05-02-09 01:50 PM
    that is true but not by much as far as the processor goes. Also correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the storm have more application memory?
    05-02-09 01:57 PM
    that is true but not by much as far as the processor goes. Also correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the storm have more application memory?
    no. and it wouldn't matter anyway unless you were overloaded with apps
    05-02-09 02:03 PM
    It's not just the fact that the "insides" are faster or stronger, it's also coverage for data. Like joey stated, voice is almost transparent, at least to me in NJ/NY area. 3G data speeds on AT&T are better than Verizon from my experience.
    05-02-09 02:31 PM
    Verizon's network is far better for both call quality, 3G coverage, and Voice Coverage

AT&T's speeds might be a tad bit faster, if you can actually get 3G, which is only in major cities, while Verizon has it along most major highways and several rural and urban areas

Go with Verizon
    05-02-09 04:07 PM
    I switched to Verizon because AT&T didn't give me voice coverage at my house. And it always sounded like I was in a tunnel. So Verizon works better for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:33 PM
    Ok cool i have verizon but i want an iphone and not this storm
    05-02-09 04:49 PM
    Verizon's network is far better for both call quality, 3G coverage, and Voice Coverage

AT&T's speeds might be a tad bit faster, if you can actually get 3G, which is only in major cities, while Verizon has it along most major highways and several rural and urban areas

Go with Verizon
    He lives in NYC...
    05-02-09 04:50 PM
    whenever i call my friend who lives in nyc, i can never really hear her - she has an iphone on att. she knows it's her because she always has similar issues with other people. i've also heard from other friends (in nyc) that att isn't as good here, although i heard att recently put up more towers or something? whatever it was it should mean better coverage lol.

ps i have verizon and have excellent coverage in nyc. or at least manhattan.
    05-02-09 06:00 PM
    Thats because verizon headquarters is in manhattan.
    05-02-09 07:51 PM
    I had horrible coverage with AT&T years ago and switched to VZW and never experienced the bad coverage or dropped calls again. It all depends on your area I guess.

05-02-09 10:03 PM
    Verizon FTW, I travel quite a bit for work and when I was on AT&T, it was hit or miss as far as coverage. Verizon has been absolutely solid in all the places I have traveled both inside the US and abroad with the exception of the West Indies where there was no coverage whatsoever.
    05-02-09 10:07 PM
    I had horrible coverage with AT&T years ago and switched to VZW and never experienced the bad coverage or dropped calls again. It all depends on your area I guess.

What state are you in?
    05-02-09 10:08 PM
    Thats because verizon headquarters is in manhattan.
    sounds like you've got an answer for yourself then.
    05-02-09 10:14 PM
    Here we go...again

05-02-09 10:18 PM
    Would An

IPhone or blackberry on AT&T Beat a BlackBerry on Verizon In Covarge And speed?
    I got to play with a friend's 3G iPhone in San Francisco a little while ago, when the phone had a 3G signal available, AT&T's HSDPA was really fast. However, even in the heart of the city and in North Beach, the phone was registering 3G less than half the time. I don't know if it was an equipment or network issue, but I was leaning towards thinking it was a network capacity issue.

Verizon has better 3G coverage, bar none.

I've played with enough iPhones to know that I personally prefer the BlackBerry form factor.
    05-02-09 10:20 PM
    I prefer Verizon. My buddy has been sitting next to me with the iPhone and had 0 bars while I had full bars with 3G status. And in downtown Grand Rapids, his old AT&T phone had bad quality in our apartment. His iPhone gets bad coverage where he previously had great coverage.

My Verizon phone is much better regarding call quality and data. And I can put whatever apps I want on it.

And take pictures in dark rooms. And copy and paste. And....

05-02-09 10:40 PM
    Damn I wonder if there are any blackberry phones on AT&T, seems people only mentioning the iphone. I mean how does AT&T have like 75 million users with such bad service.
    05-02-09 10:52 PM
    It's all about location. In my area, Verizon has ZERO coverage; it's not even available in this area. AT&T, however, has the best.

If you're considering one versus the other, check out friends' or coworkers' phones that are on either carrier and see what sort of signal strength they're getting.

05-02-09 11:17 PM

Go with Verizon
    That is absolutely false. 3G isn't only in major cities, and it is not hard to get. I get 3G almost everywhere I go in NY, CT and NJ. And in NY this includes upsate as far as Saratoga and down south across Long Island (in LI right now and have full 3G coverage).

05-03-09 12:32 AM
    AT&T has roming with verizon thru there old GSM network from Bell Atlantic and PrimeCo
    05-03-09 09:28 AM
    AT&T has roming with verizon thru there old GSM network from Bell Atlantic and PrimeCo
    Bell Atlantic Mobile and PrimeCo were never GSM carriers.

In fact, PrimeCo was the first carrier to turn up CDMA in the PCS/1900 freq in the mid 90s. AirTouch and BAM would not have turned up a CDMA network if they themselves were not already on that path.
    05-03-09 10:45 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD