We'd like to share an upcoming change regarding your data plan. Beginning March 2017, we'll be increasing the price of your unlimited data plan for each of the lines listed above by $5 per month.

You can remain on your unlimited data plan or consider one of our Mobile Share AdvantageSM plans1 that could offer great savings with unlimited talk & text and shareable data with no overages.2

If you choose to cancel your unlimited data plan and you're under a two-year service contract, we'll waive your early termination fee.3 Just cancel your unlimited data plan line(s) within 60 days after the price increase first appears on your bill. Cancellations made after that time will be subject to the usual early termination fee.

THEY DID THIS LAST YEAR TOO! I dont abuse data at all. What a rip off!
    01-16-17 03:54 PM
    Do you get the feeling they don't really want people on those plans......
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-16-17 03:57 PM
    Fact: the cost of living goes up, usually on an annual basis.

It's called 'inflation' .
    01-16-17 06:40 PM
    I got the same email. I am going to leave and go to T Mobile. I have been testing TM coverage using my friend's sim card and find their coverage of equal or better. Plus TM allows Wifi calling and Hotspot. Goodbye AT&T
    01-17-17 09:39 AM
    Yep, got the same email, followed up by a letter in the mail today.
    01-20-17 12:48 AM
    Meanwhile the cost of data for ISPs has dropped sharply on a per-gigabyte rate. Many cell companies are putting halts on cost of living increases for their employees' wages, so expenses are going down on all fronts, and profits are going up. My recommendation is to find a way to reorganize your life so that you no longer have any use for a cell phone.

Or change to the smallest Mobile Share Advantage plan you want, and every time you're about to have your speed capped to ISDN speed (128kbps, just a hair more than twice the speed of a 56k dialup connection), change to a bigger plan, wait about two minutes, then change right back. This will probably be "fixed" in the near future, though.
    01-20-17 09:21 PM
    Or change to the smallest Mobile Share Advantage plan you want, and every time you're about to have your speed capped to ISDN speed (128kbps, just a hair more than twice the speed of a 56k dialup connection), change to a bigger plan, wait about two minutes, then change right back. This will probably be "fixed" in the near future, though.
    Does that actually work? Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 10:27 PM
    The only issue is if you've already been throttled, you have to power your phone off, then back on, after you've finished shuffling your plan around, to get full speed again. Bit of a pain, but better a pain in the neck then a pain in the wallet or an aneurysm.
    01-24-17 02:08 AM
    And you don't get charged extra? Cool, lol

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 09:58 PM
    We'd like to share an upcoming change regarding your data plan. Beginning March 2017, we'll be increasing the price of your unlimited data plan for each of the lines listed above by $5 per month.

You can remain on your unlimited data plan or consider one of our Mobile Share AdvantageSM plans1 that could offer great savings with unlimited talk & text and shareable data with no overages.2

If you choose to cancel your unlimited data plan and you're under a two-year service contract, we'll waive your early termination fee.3 Just cancel your unlimited data plan line(s) within 60 days after the price increase first appears on your bill. Cancellations made after that time will be subject to the usual early termination fee.

THEY DID THIS LAST YEAR TOO! I dont abuse data at all. What a rip off!
    Not sure I understand this. If my daughter and I are on a share plan with unlimited data (due to DirectTV), but only my Priv is under contract (her iphone isn't), I can cancel my unlimited data after March 1st and have my early termination fee waived (essentially have an unlocked device)?!
    02-21-17 01:56 PM
    Be advised that an installment balance for a phone is not an early contract termination fee.

Also, insurance is going up again.
    02-23-17 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD