So I have the bold 9000 but I am very unsure about what my unlimited data plan really covers? If I read facebook or twitter is free I am asumming? If I send a msg on any of these 2 websites (using an application) is equal as a sms or text msg right? help me here. If i update my status through a direct link twitter or facebook text charges will still be made or not? I am a newbie so I need to have this detail clear. You know how att loves hitting you with a surprise bill.
    11-23-09 09:55 AM
    I posted this in a different forum and here are the answers so far.

Neworleans-7
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier: AT&T Join Date: Jul 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use the facebook/twitter app or use the browser you won't be charged for text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Neworleans-7
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Neworleans-7
    Send email to Neworleans-7
    Find all posts by Neworleans-7
    Add Neworleans-7 to Your Contacts

#3 Today, 12:03 PM
    lizacardona
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 9000 (Bold)
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Join Date: Nov 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so conflicted because I read in another forum and I believe also in an ATT forum that you will be charged? anyone dare to clear this? please?

lizacardona
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to lizacardona
    Send email to lizacardona
    Find all posts by lizacardona
    Add lizacardona to Your Contacts

#4 Today, 12:08 PM
    airupthere23
    CrackBerry User
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Join Date: Jul 2008

I have an Unlimited data plan with ATT, and only 200 texts a month. By using any feature within facebook, or twitter... You will not be charged for text messages. You only get charged for texts by sending and receiving text messages. I'm 100% sure of this. I've been on this same plan for about a year now, with no problems.

I even have my friends sometimes send me Facebook messages instead of texts, because it goes straight to my phone. My girlfriend even e-mails me instead of texting me sometimes. It all saved on my text messaging.

airupthere23
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to airupthere23
    Send email to airupthere23
    Find all posts by airupthere23
    Add airupthere23 to Your Contacts

#5 Today, 12:31 PM
    lizacardona
    CrackBerry User
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Join Date: Nov 2009

Since I am a new at the forum I can't post links but I will copy paste the content that is causing me all the confusion.

1. Q:How much does att charge to use twitter.Answer
    It really depends on your plan. To send to Twitter is the same as your text charges. If you check Twitter it is your data plan.

2. Does at&t charge when you message Twitter?
    i want to sign up my phone but i don't wanna get charged. Thanks!

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    The cost depends on your text messaging plan. It's the same as getting a text message from anyone.

3. Re: New user that doesn't understand Twitter charges... Options

Viewed 758 times

A third party application is a program that you install onto the phone yourself. Meaning you put that program there.

Pre-installed is one that was already installed on the device when your purchased it from AT&T.

f your using texting for Twitter then yes its free if you have an unlimited messaging plan. If your using Twitter from the web browser on your mobile phone them no its not free as that uses data. The same thing if you installed a twitter program (third party program) onto your phone as those utilize data also.

4. from ATT forum: "If you are using a twitter app to access twitter, that is going through your data plan. Now if your preferences in Twitter and Facebook are set to send you an SMS under various circumstances, that would cause you to go over. I shut down all my SMS notifications on both twitter and Facebook. "
    Last edited by lizacardona; 11-23-09 at 12:10 PM.
    11-23-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD