I had a windows update over the weekend and it has crashed my ATT Communications Manager. While I was on the phone with tech support they had several others call in at the same time yesterday. What happens is it will show you have service and you are ready to connect and it wont let you move the button over to connect. Looks like their is a software glitch with the new windows update from the 31st. Anyone else seen this yet?
    02-05-10 03:27 PM
    What did you do to resolve the issue? Create a new profile for the ACM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 06:19 PM
    You could try a System Restore on Windows to roll back Windows to a date prior to the update.
    02-06-10 06:21 PM
    What did you do to resolve the issue? Create a new profile for the ACM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did both that was suggest here. I had to roll back my Vista to before the windows update to get the Dll. file back that the error code was on. After that the moble manager would open up and start but the button is dead. While I had their computer guru on not the customer help normal person. There was 4 other people that called in after me with the same problem. The problem hasn't been resolved yet. I am suppose to here from them sometimes Monday morning about the issue. Its a software issue with the Att manager with Vista.
    02-07-10 08:41 PM
    Well I got it fixed. I had to reformat my lap top and start over. Good thing I have good back up files externally.
    02-11-10 09:50 PM
    Reformat??? The TSD rep should have had you try other web pages, disable acceleration and even do a netsh winsock reset at most. It really should not have required a format. Either-way, I am glad to hear your connected again.
    02-12-10 11:01 AM
    The Blackberry support team was fabulous and on their ballgame. As for the ATT support only so much can be accomplished going down a trouble shooting chart when you know nothing about the software or windows following a TS Chart.
    The shared DLL file was affecting both softwares, Desktop Manager and ATT Communication Manager. I reinstalled the Dll file correctlly but it still wouldn't let the Communication Manager connect. So after a gaunlet of 2 -5. hour phone calls with ATT I gave up on them and took matters into my own hands and eliminated windows from the equation and it fixed the issue. My performance is up on the lap top. But my bar tap is too.
    02-12-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD